I like Gorsuch........I hope he doesn't get the job

It really wouldn't matter if the justice were appointed by a democrat president or a republican president if they both would seek out justices that simply interpret the law and the constitution as written and as originally intended. After all, lady liberty is suppose to be blind, or at least blindfolded.

However, many people believe that judges should shape the law (because they believe the constitution is a living and evolving document) into what the law should be, not necessarily how it was originally written and intended. Thus, these judges are guilty of "legislating from the bench".
If the constitution does need to be changed because the times have changed, there is a process for that called a constitutional amendment. The bar is set very high for being able to change the constitution. It should not be done by 9 unelected judges.

If Gorsuch were filling a vacancy during Trumps term, I would support his nomination. He seems like a straight shooter, with strong values, even if they are conservative

But since he is filling a vacancy that occurred during Obama's term, I urge Democrats to take every available action to block filling the vacancy.

Something a little creepy about a guy willing to step over the body of someone he claims to respect to take the seat.

If Gorsuch were filling a vacancy during Trumps term, I would support his nomination. He seems like a straight shooter, with strong values, even if they are conservative

But since he is filling a vacancy that occurred during Obama's term, I urge Democrats to take every available action to block filling the vacancy

Liberals continuing to show the hypocrisy. I guess you are too young to remember when Dems blocked a Supreme Court nominee during a Republican administration.

Chuck Schumer in 2007: Senate Should Block Supreme Court Nominees for 18 Months - Breitbart

But since he is filling a vacancy that occurred during Obama's term, I urge Democrats to take every available action to block filling the vacancy.

Something a little creepy about a guy willing to step over the body of someone he claims to respect to take the seat.
How so?

But since he is filling a vacancy that occurred during Obama's term, I urge Democrats to take every available action to block filling the vacancy

For four years? Sure, go ahead and give that a shot.

Who cares?

The voters don't

Blocking a SCOTUS judge for four years? I think they might.....

Blocking for over a year was not even on their radar.....why would they care if it is blocked for four?
How many voters know or care that there are nine seats on SCOTUS?

Liberals continuing to show the hypocrisy. I guess you are too young to remember when Dems blocked a Supreme Court nominee during a Republican administration.

Chuck Schumer in 2007: Senate Should Block Supreme Court Nominees for 18 Months - Breitbart

Sorry...Breitbart is Fake News

Poor debate tactics by another over matched liberal. Not surprised. What was inaccurate?

Poor debate tactics by another over matched liberal. Not surprised. What was inaccurate?

I'm not going to debate a Breitbart link

Their video's are edited, their quotes are provided without context
I have no patience for Fake News

Rightwinger is poorly informed. Not surprised. Most leftists are.

Schumer in 2007: Block all Bush's picks

Joe Biden Argued for Delaying Supreme Court Picks in 1992

What happened to the dumbass, rightwinger? I guess he was overwhelmed by facts and decided to run away.

Rightwinger is poorly informed. Not surprised. Most leftists are.

Schumer in 2007: Block all Bush's picks

Joe Biden Argued for Delaying Supreme Court Picks in 1992

Show a single Republican pick that was delayed

Watched your Schumer video and he is talking about approving picks who "are not in the mainstream" Namely, voting against them...NOT blocking a vote

Biden was talking in July, with a November election.......Scalia died in February

'I don't care who he nominates, I am going to oppose him,' that's not going to fly," Schumer said on ABC's "This Week."

Sooo...using your logic, if Obama had nominated Ted Cruz to replace Alito on SCROTUS, you would love it and flail at anyone who opposed Ted.

Sure...

One more dance sideways while chanting golly gosh gee whiz and I'd smack him.

We need to not be fooled by his Mayberry act. He did say he would not vote to end roe v wade but I don't trust him not to lie.

After all, trumpery picked him.

But worth remembering that trump actually lifted his lists from a RW site.

Bottom line, the seat was stolen.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Yeah, we wouldn't want a well qualified, honorable, ethical man to fill a judgeship vacancy that occurred in an election year. Of course if the hildabitch had won she would be filling it. Of course we all know, well qualified, honorable and ethical means nothing to her.

Exactly...that is the way filling Supreme Court vacancies used to work. If the guy or woman was qualified, they got near unanimous bipartisan approval

But the filling of vacancies is now about politics. Since Trump will be a one term President, there is no urgency to fill the seat.

Let's hope he doesn't last an entire term. I doubt he will but Repubs lack balls and integrity so he might.

/---- What the hell difference does it make when a seat was vacated? The three branches of Government are independent. Do you even understand how our government works? Geeeeze what a glittering jewel of colossal ignorance.

Wouldn't it be great if that were true ....

Sooo...using your logic, if Obama had nominated Ted Cruz to replace Alito on SCROTUS, you would love it and flail at anyone who opposed Ted.

Sure...

Well no. Obama would never nominate a brain dead bible thumper for the position.

Forum List

Back