I love it! CHURCH VOWS WAR ON OBAMA 'FIGHT IN STREETS'

Jesus wept. It runs businesses. Their colleges and hospitals are businesses and governed by employer/employee laws just like every other business.

Then the employees can leave if they feel the cover provided by their employer is not suitable. But it remains.... we cannot support this mandate. It is fundamentally against our religion. If I am intelligent to support your right to choose, why can you not support our right to be pro life?

Again, no one is forcing anyone to take birth control.

And again, this reg FORCES the Church to provide funding for things it doesn't believe in.

again, the 1st amendment is not involved unless you feel it supercedes Business/US law.

Utter nonsense. The first amendment isn't rendered null and void by the fact that a business is involved. A mandate that an Islamic slaughterhouse butcher pigs violates the constitution, as does this attack by Dear Leader.

And my example stands

Your example is fucking retarded.

Stoning a woman is an affirmative act that involves battery. Providing contraceptives is an administrative decision that has no affirmation.
You didn't REALLY think that was clever, did you?

- if you think that Freedom of Religion means that if a US Law disallows one of your religious tenets, that you can simply ignore it? Then we (in that view) had better start allowing stonings, etc.

Seriously, find a better hate site to get your talking points from.

Throwing around all these disparaging comments doesn't make you look smarter, but smaller.

What you said here is not outlined in the 1st. Where in the 1st is the disclaimer that states that if a Religious text involves an affirmative act of battery, that then it will be superceded?

Ahhh, such limitations of the first came later...............in Court Cases which set precedent.

The Church IS NOT A BUSINESS..

A Catholic Hospital is.

why can't a CUSTOMER purchase insurance without paying for contraceptives......?

better question..

What right does the federal government have to tell insurance companies what services they must offer?

I uunderstand the pre-exisitng condition thing...

But forcing an insurance company to cover contraception?

What is the basis for that?

Jesus wept. It runs businesses. Their colleges and hospitals are businesses and governed by employer/employee laws just like every other business.

Then the employees can leave if they feel the cover provided by their employer is not suitable. But it remains.... we cannot support this mandate. It is fundamentally against our religion. If I am intelligent to support your right to choose, why can you not support our right to be pro life?

No, but it's forcing the church to pay for it.

Violation of separation of church and state. I thought you were gung ho about that? Guess not. Which means I was right...progressives only PRETEND to believe in liberty in order to force tyranny upon people. Just like the Nazis.

What don't you understand about the MANDATE?

The simple fact the option is being forced is a blatant First Amendment violation, not to mention forcing the insurance company to offer it is a DOUBLE FUCKING WHAMMY..

I suppose it takes an education on the Constitution and an IQ higher than 100 to understand this.

And again, this reg FORCES the Church to provide funding for things it doesn't believe in.

no it doesnt.

Get back to us when you know what the proposal is.

But is sure as hell isnt what you think it is.

Not if those laws go against the first amendment.

There should be no laws in this land that force any church, except in incidences where they are actively harming people, to submit to practices that go against their beliefs.

My fear is that this will get Obama killed, and the fucker will become a progressive martyr, and loons like Ravtard and GT will take to just grabbing babies they see on the street and dashing their heads against curbs...

Meh.

The only killed is Obama's chance at reelection.

A Catholic Hospital is.

why can't a CUSTOMER purchase insurance without paying for contraceptives......?

better question..

What right does the federal government have to tell insurance companies what services they must offer?

the leftie war against religion...

Violation of separation of church and state. I thought you were gung ho about that? Guess not. Which means I was right...progressives only PRETEND to believe in liberty in order to force tyranny upon people. Just like the Nazis.

No...it is not.

It is forcing insurance companies to cover it.

And the original law will force the employers to offer insurance to employees...

But it is not forcing the Church to pay for anything.

And you are the one passing judgement?:clap2:

And in what universe can I not judge??

Keep playing your "i am a catholic card.":eusa_pray:

I'm not a priest dummy...

You think Catholics don't have opinions?

Just because I'm a Catholic doesn't mean I wont call bullshit or talk shit to those who want to do harm to me, my religion and my country.

So what the FUCK you thought??

You think I have to be humble?? think again.

better question..

the leftie war against religion...

nah..

I see it as goverrnment control over private industry services to Americans.

:clap2:
And in what universe can I not judge??

Keep playing your "i am a catholic card.":eusa_pray:

I'm not a priest dummy...

You think Catholics don't have opinions?

Just because I'm a Catholic doesn't mean I wont call bullshit or talk shit to those who want to do harm to me, my religion and my country.

So what the FUCK you thought??

You think I have to be humble?? think again.
Hey! Just calling a spade a spade, that is all.

Good piece:

"
At its heart, this is a debate over principles and the First Amendment to the Constitution. The relevant portion of the amendment is, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.” In other words, people have the right to follow their conscience when it comes to religious matters. For the Catholic Church, contraceptives and other forms of birth control such as sterilization are very much so a moral matter and Catholic doctrine opposes their use. The “free exercise” of religion is not limited to worshipping in a church. Following a doctrine or set of beliefs is integral to every faith and clearly falls under the “free exercise” of religion.
Forcing Catholic employers to offer contraceptives as part of their employee health care plans fundamentally violates their First Amendment right to follow their conscience with regard to contraception. The popular liberal refrain to this argument is that many American Catholic women have used or at least condone the use of contraceptives, but is that really the point? First, the issue at hand is a mandate on employers to provide contraceptives, not a mandate on women to use them. Second, regardless of disagreements within the Church over contraception, Church doctrine still prohibits its use. Those who stray from doctrine on this issue can just go out and purchase contraceptives without a government mandate forcing their employers to violate their beliefs on the matter. This mandate is just another case of our intrusive federal government completely disregarding Constitutional restrictions on its power."

Mandating Contraceptives, Violating Conscience | FreedomWorks

No...it is not.

And the original law will force the employers to offer insurance to employees...

If abortifacients are mandated in the coverage, and the Church is required to pay for the coverage, ipso facto the Church is paying for abortifacients.

No. But someone is trying to force someone to offer birth control.

This is really not a religious debate...although many want to make it that.

This should be a debate about the federal government forcing an insurance company to cover birth control....

And that is very sketchy at best
It's actually about the federal government forcing an insurance company to cover a prescription.

No...it is not.

The church is forced to provide insurance, and the insurance is forced to provide contraception and abortificants...that means the church is being forced to provide contraception and abortificants in violation of the employers' first amendment rights.

It is forcing the Church to fund it. We cannot do that. It is against our religion. I appreciate that you don't understand our faith, but surely you accept our right to believe whatever we choose to believe? And, given that, you should support our First Amendment Right to not pay for something that falls outside our beliefs?

No one is forcing anyone to work for the Catholic Church. Employees can leave if they don't like the healthcare provided by the Church, can they not?
I understand your faith. I was raised a Catholic. I've told you this before.

You know lying is a sin, right?

Throwing around all these disparaging comments doesn't make you look smarter, but smaller.

Irrelevant.

Your argument is fucking retarded.

Attempting to draw parity between stoning and administratively not offering a class of drugs is abysmally stupid.

What you said here is not outlined in the 1st. Where in the 1st is the disclaimer that states that if a Religious text involves an affirmative act of battery, that then it will be superceded?

Huh?

The federal government infringing the free exercise of religion by mandating Catholic run institutions provide contraception is a direct violation of the first amendment.

Ahhh, such limitations of the first came later...............in Court Cases which set precedent.

Oh, you think the courts will side with Dear Leader, do you?

LOL!

The church isn't paying for it. The business the church runs may be paying part of their employees health care insurance.

No...it is not.

Simply put, the government shouldn't force every insurance plan in the country to cover birth control.

We cannot, as a pro life Church, support that.

Forum List

Back