I love it! CHURCH VOWS WAR ON OBAMA 'FIGHT IN STREETS'

Again, no one is forcing anyone to take birth control.

No, but it's forcing the church to pay for it.

Violation of separation of church and state. I thought you were gung ho about that? Guess not. Which means I was right...progressives only PRETEND to believe in liberty in order to force tyranny upon people. Just like the Nazis.

No...it is not.

It is forcing insurance companies to cover it.

And the original law will force the employers to offer insurance to employees...

But it is not forcing the Church to pay for anything.

Yea, it is. As an employer - to pay for their healthcare, which includes birth control, which is against our religion. Quite simple. It's a violation of the First Amendment.

The church doesn't run businesses - the church runs charities - or NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS..

Jesus wept. It runs businesses. Their colleges and hospitals are businesses and governed by employer/employee laws just like every other business.

They're not businesses because THEY ARE NOT FOR PROFIT...

What don't you understand about that???

Nick a not for profit is a business which is required to put all its earnings back into the business.

The church is forced to provide insurance, and the insurance is forced to provide contraception and abortificants...that means the church is being forced to provide contraception and abortificants in violation of the employers' first amendment rights.

But well ahead of that is the insurance company being forced to offer a service becuase the federal government says it must.

THAT is a violation of the first ammendement in my eyes.

And a side note?

It, too, will increase premiums.
It costs an insurance company more to cover one birth than a lifetime of birth control.
yes...

But every American will capitalize on the birth control....except for Nick and his family......but not every American has a baby when such was not wanted or expected.

Besides which, abortions are more dangerous than repeated pregnancies.

And abortions at a very young age are more dangerous still. Besides which, they are almost always undertaken to protect the child molesters who get the girls pregnant.
Piss off with your crusade. This is about birth control, not abortion.

wrong....Obamacare "contraceptives" include the "morning after" pill which sometimes IS abortion....

yep....it forces the fertilized egg away form the wall.....exactly what an abortion is about.

And do you know why a fertiolized egg must adhere to the wall?

So it can capitalize on the HUMAN anitbodies so it doesnt die..

That makes it a living human being...unless anyone can give me an example of another type of living being that requires HUMAN antibodies.

Now that being said....I m against abortion as I see it as murder.....

BUT...

I am pro choice as I m aware that at least half the people see it differently than I do...and I support freedom of choice overall...

But I will never enagage in or pay for an abortion for my wife or the wives of my children

Jesus wept. It runs businesses. Their colleges and hospitals are businesses and governed by employer/employee laws just like every other business.

Nick a not for profit is a business which is required to put all its earnings back into the business.

Our hospitals don't 'make a profit', quite the opposite. The Church itself meets the shortfall in funding.... $5.7 billion a year. You wanna start picking up that tab?

How about for the schooling we provide - and pay for?

How about our social programs? You gonna pay for those too?

Fucking billions more in taxes - and you can't collect from us... we're a Church.

wrong....Obamacare "contraceptives" include the "morning after" pill which sometimes IS abortion....

yep....it forces the fertilized egg away form the wall.....exactly what an abortion is about.

That makes it a living human being...unless anyone can give me an example of another type of living being that requires HUMAN antibodies.

BUT...

I am pro choice as I m aware that at least half the people see it differently than I do...and I support freedom of choice overall...

But I will never enagage in or pay for an abortion for my wife or the wives of my children

:clap2:

Sheesh, another thread on this. While important, couldn't they all be merged?

Anyways, to deal with several observations. Yes, most Catholics use birth control of one sort or another. Yes, that is not aligned with Catholic teachings. Many Catholics have insurance covered birth control for their prescriptions-They chose NOT to work for a Catholic institution. Many non-Catholics that chose to work for a Catholic institution do not have insurance covered birth control.

Day after pill is an abortion agent. In fact, the Catholic Church has said that it may be used immediately after rape, to prevent the small chance of pregnancy. This is of course preferable to a D & C which also has been used in Catholic hospitals in cases of rape.

Anyone who thinks the Catholic Church needs to 'be brought up to date' really should NOT look at it for spiritual sustenance. They will certainly be happier with another venue. I've never had a Catholic Church come knock on my door and argue with me to come to church.

Likewise I've not heard of anyone being coerced to work in any Catholic based agency.

I love it ...... 52 pages in this thread!!!
Glad to see us Catholics are getting under you Heathen's/Snake Charmer's skins....

LOL!!!

Love it

I love it ...... 52 pages in this thread!!!
Glad to see us Catholics are getting under you Heathen's/Snake Charmer's skins....

LOL!!!

Love it

I don't think it's just Catholics. I'm will aware of the percentages of Catholics that use birth control, they are legion. What Obama may now be realizing and some here should be is that many who disagree with the Church's stance, have much more of a problem with the government coercive power grab towards the church. Most Catholics are more than aware of anti-Catholic actions in the not-so-distant past.

Our hospitals don't 'make a profit', quite the opposite. The Church itself meets the shortfall in funding.... $5.7 billion a year. You wanna start picking up that tab?

Fucking billions more in taxes - and you can't collect from us... we're a Church.

The church, and largely the CATHOLIC church,runs meal sites and provides food to the needy, provides free medical care (every Catholic hospital I know of has a "charity" system for those who cannot pay, where their medical bills are either reduced or forgiven completely, based on ability to pay), AND most of the foster parents who take in children belong to churches. Walk up to any church in this country and tell them you don't have money to pay your electric bill, that you are about to be evicted, that you need medicine or clothing for your kids, and see what happens.

Fuck Obama. I hope he chokes on his next lobster dinner.

CG of course Catholic Hospitals make profits, yes it is a difficult feat. It is challenging as the operating margin average for hospitals is 2.6 - 4%. These earnings are funneled back into the business to purchase assets. The assets may not be skimmed and invested into external investments.

I had already posted this, but needs repeating. This healthcare system has left the church because it has determined it can provide more care to more people while paying taxes absent the Catholic diocese.

Catholic Healthcare West becomes Dignity Health

This 5.7 billion dollar number you refer to is charitable services. I am saddened to hear that Christians would stop offering their services to sick and weary.

I am saddened to hear that Christians would stop offering their services to sick and weary.

Don't worry asswipe - keep the faith in YOUR Messiah. He's promised free healthcare for all.

You keep cheering him

Us Christians will keep cheering God.

CG of course Catholic Hospitals make profits, yes it is a difficult feat. It is challenging as the operating margin average for hospitals is 2.6 - 4%. These earnings are funneled back into the business to purchase assets. The assets may not be skimmed and invested into external investments.

I had already posted this, but needs repeating. This healthcare system has left the church because it has determined it can provide more care to more people while paying taxes absent the Catholic diocese.

This 5.7 billion dollar number you refer to is charitable services. I am saddened to hear that Christians would stop offering their services to sick and weary.

If the government says that religious institutions that serve the sick and weary that are NOT members of their Congregation, that also employ a significant percentage of non-congregants must provide additional employee benefits that the religion finds morally wrong to their employees, then the change must be who is employed and who is served. That is the logical sequence of the rule.

No it isn't. That $5.7 is what the Catholic Church donates from its own funds (ie from Catholics) to keep its hospitals running.

That does not take into account our charitable services.... that's billions more. And schools, a few more billion.

BUT...

No, it doesn't force the egg away from the wall. It prevents it from attaching to begin with. There is no living being. If taken after implantation it has no effect.

They already tried to circumvent that by attempting to force the church to adhere to anti-discrimination laws in regard to sexual orientation...the primary motive behind making it illegal to refuse to marry gays is control of the church. Bottom line. That's what all this shit is about. Getting rid of religion. Period. Penalizing the religious. Ultimately it will be about killing them. We aren't that far from it.

No it isn't. That $5.7 is what the Catholic Church donates from its own funds (ie from Catholics) to keep its hospitals running.

That does not take into account our charitable services.... that's billions more. And schools, a few more billion.

Yep. The schools and hospitals that will be shuttered would not be in wealthy or even middle class areas. Many of those schools not only have waiting lists, but nearly all pay the full tuition. Same with hospitals, those that are the largest recipients of charitable dollars, are those least likely to be serving a heavily Catholic population.

They already tried to circumvent that by attempting to force the church to adhere to anti-discrimination laws in regard to sexual orientation...the primary motive behind making it illegal to refuse to marry gays is control of the church. Bottom line. That's what all this shit is about. Getting rid of religion. Period. Penalizing the religious. Ultimately it will be about killing them. We aren't that far from it.
There is no governmental interest in forcing churches to marry ANYONE. Now, that would be unconstitutional.

You are quite pathetic with your lies and hysteria.

Forum List

Back