I may be losing my faith...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...seeing those dead women, heaped where they fell as bullets tore through their tender flesh, I am beginning the question my faith in God.

WHAT is the MASTER PLAN that requires this to happen???

Not to mention hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, forest fires, tornadoes and all the other disasters God sends us to remind us that HE IS BIGGER THAN WE ARE.

If I lose my faith I lose my hope in heaven, and if I lose that, I don't know how I go on...

Here's the picture I'm talking about:

DLIdvQXUQAAkm_R.jpg

I can give no comfort to those who love these women. There's nothing I can say to make it better. There's nothing in my heart at all, only emptiness and despair.

...seeing those dead women, heaped where they fell as bullets tore through their tender flesh, I am beginning the question my faith in God.

Not to mention hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, forest fires, tornadoes and all the other disasters God sends us to remind us that HE IS BIGGER THAN WE ARE.

If I lose my faith I lose my hope in heaven, and if I lose that, I don't know how I go on...
Get a grip....... :cool:

In the bible there is good and evil. The man who did this is Evil.........those that took him out were fighting evil............

Both exist..........and evil was on display last night.

After thousands of years of needless death, disease, famine and destruction, you NOW question it?
After that shit was even commanded by your god, you question it now?

Why is there a master plan?

Religion is often the filler of knowledge. We don't know something, we attribute it to God.

Don't know how the universe was created? Well, it was God.
Don't know why I can feel and experience things? Well, it was God.

Want to feel comfortable knowing that there is a plan to life, and it's not just luck, and that bad things might happen to you even if you think you're in control of something? Well, pretend there's a plan to life that God has made.

50 people died in Vegas. Millions died in WW2, WW1, the more our world population grows, the more we die. The more powerful weapons we create, the more we kill. Nothing has changed. Except our perception that we can control things, and that God should somehow be controlling things.

We're atoms. At the end of the day those dead bodies will change, go into the ground, become something else, change again, become something else and continue the cycle of life. We're just not important in that cycle of life, no matter how much self importance we give ourselves.

Ever occur to you that such a being simply doesn't exist?

Oh, no, that couldn't be it................

In the bible there is good and evil. The man who did this is Evil.........those that took him out were fighting evil............

He took himself out... Are you suggesting redemption?

Why is there a master plan?

Religion is often the filler of knowledge. We don't know something, we attribute it to God.

Don't know how the universe was created? Well, it was God.
Don't know why I can feel and experience things? Well, it was God.

Want to feel comfortable knowing that there is a plan to life, and it's not just luck, and that bad things might happen to you even if you think you're in control of something? Well, pretend there's a plan to life that God has made.

50 people died in Vegas. Millions died in WW2, WW1, the more our world population grows, the more we die. The more powerful weapons we create, the more we kill. Nothing has changed. Except our perception that we can control things, and that God should somehow be controlling things.

We're atoms. At the end of the day those dead bodies will change, go into the ground, become something else, change again, become something else and continue the cycle of life. We're just not important in that cycle of life, no matter how much self importance we give ourselves.
I would rather not adopt your philosophy of atheistic materialism.

Nope...........You either believe or you don't believe............that is your choice to make for yourself.

I see how atheists behave on this forum and in my life and I don't want to become like them. They seem to me to be bitter, unhappy people who want to infect others with their hopelessness and despair. I will resist that fate with everything I can muster.

If you've considered yourself a person of faith, then you should consider that your faith is being tested. When confronted by evil, do you turn towards or away from God?? Part of faith is accepting that you won't know all the answers, which is why it is a challenge for many to maintain.

Your bad example as atheists has renewed my desire to remain a faithful Christian.

Thank you.

I don't know the answer to why God allows such tragedies to happen any more than the next guy. Maybe the question isn't why doesn't He prevent such things but instead why don't we. We have the power of thought, reason, logic, imagination, learning, so why is humankind wasting it's time and energy on waging wars and stupid shit like that instead of curing diseases both physical and mental and making sure that terrorist events and mass murders don't happen? Maybe it's not his fault, it's ours.

So tell me, do you want the ability to control your own destiny or not? Do you want free will or to be totally controlled? Why have a thought in your head if God provides everything and prevents any suffering? I think people want to have the power but not the responsibility that goes with making your own decisions.

Nope...........You either believe or you don't believe............that is your choice to make for yourself.
Well... If he does believe... Why isn't he overjoyed? Thrilled that these two have escaped the toils of this mortal coil, to embrace eternal paradise, with sky daddy? Why? Because deep down... He knows it's not true...

I would turn to Psalms for comfort. 37 is spot on for dealing with massive tragedies like we are experiencing.

I see how atheists behave on this forum and in my life and I don't want to become like them. They seem to me to be bitter, unhappy people who want to infect others with their hopelessness and despair. I will resist that fate with everything I can muster.

I know atheists who live joyful lives and do not sit in judgment and/or want to influence those who believe differently.

Forum List

Back