I need a Democrat to explain their logic on why Trump needed their approval for the airstrike.

tenor.gif

We are LITERALLY STILL AT WAR IN IRAQ. Have been for decades. So since we are currently engaged in military activities why would Trump need congressional approval for an airstrike in that nation?

Keep in mind NONE OF YOU raised this same complaint when Obama took us to war in Libya.

So, what is the logic in letting congress micromanage ongoing military activities in a nation we have been at war in for decades? And where is the requirement that ANY president notify congress of troop transfers within said country?
Screw their logic! You are asking insane Dems / snowflakes who CENSURE the top law-enforcing officer in the country, the US AG, for REFUSING TO BREAK THE LAW.

:wtf:?!

IF they have any beef with the President ordering this strike without informing two of the biggest traitors and THE biggest ADMITTED classified info leaker in the country 1st then they just need to produce the exact section / verbiage from the US Constitution and / or US Law that requires the President of the United States to notify Adam F*ing Schiff before he orders an air strike!

I don't need snowflake 'translation' or opinion, as they have proven in the past both is useless.

The AG was censured for refusing to obey the Constitution. The Constitution gives Congress the power of oversight and outranks any law. By your logic, Democrats could pass a law banning guns. Barr needs to remember he is the top law enforcement officer in the US instead of acting like a Trump sycophant.

They are not traitors. You and Trump are the TRAITORS. The American people decided they wanted these people as their leaders. That should be respected. The House committees should call witnesses such as the Secretary of Defense and the CIA Director. to determine whether there is a real basis for these attacks or whether Trump is kicking off his re-election campaign.
As usual, you are a liar. Barr was Censured by rogue radical Democrats for not breaking the law, releasing information that could not legally be released. Nadler knew this because NADLER was one of the politicians to vote that bill into law.

We are LITERALLY STILL AT WAR IN IRAQ. Have been for decades. So since we are currently engaged in military activities why would Trump need congressional approval for an airstrike in that nation?

Keep in mind NONE OF YOU raised this same complaint when Obama took us to war in Libya.

So, what is the logic in letting congress micromanage ongoing military activities in a nation we have been at war in for decades? And where is the requirement that ANY president notify congress of troop transfers within said country?
This military build up between Iran and the USA was inevitable. Angry, driven Islam will eventually go further and further until some leader in the West says "enough." Just like the borders, lefties. Congress and weak presidents kick the can down the road for 30 years until Trump says enough with the insanity. << You hate him for that, too.

If the Dems knew they could monkey wrench botch it and pin it on Trump as ANOTHER fake witch hunt impeachable offense

They want to be notified so they can leak it to their Jihadists allies.

if we go to war with Iran------he will not need permission to bomb

But he will need congressional approval to go to war.

yes----but that has not happened yet. ------as COMMANDER IN CHIEF of
the armed forces----he can order things here and there------in fact we are not
actually (as far as I understand ) "AT WAR" with Iraq-----we are still engaged
in a war which has been vaguely named "WAR ON TERRORISM"

I understand he can order things here or there but to declare a war on a country he has to get congressional approval. That's all I was saying.

Not really, the AUMF given to the president back in 2001 is still in full effect...it gives the POTUS the power to do pretty much anything without asking Congress.

Did it give him power to declare war on a country without congressional approval? Who cares about the targeted strikes I know he can do that but I don't think he can declare was without approval.

We haven't actually declared war since ww2
STFU slready.

Is there not one Democrat that can explain their logic or should I just assume this is nothing more than a TDS flare up?

Why should anyone explain this to to you?

Are you to stupid to find out for yourself?

War Powers Resolution - Wikipedia
We are already at war in Iraq.

And you call me stupid???

No, we are not at war with Iran or Iraq.

And

Yes, you are that stupid.
I didn't say we were at war WITH Iraq. I said IN Iraq.

Stupid and lacks reading comprehension to boot.

But he will need congressional approval to go to war.

yes----but that has not happened yet. ------as COMMANDER IN CHIEF of
the armed forces----he can order things here and there------in fact we are not
actually (as far as I understand ) "AT WAR" with Iraq-----we are still engaged
in a war which has been vaguely named "WAR ON TERRORISM"

I understand he can order things here or there but to declare a war on a country he has to get congressional approval. That's all I was saying.

Not really, the AUMF given to the president back in 2001 is still in full effect...it gives the POTUS the power to do pretty much anything without asking Congress.

Did it give him power to declare war on a country without congressional approval? Who cares about the targeted strikes I know he can do that but I don't think he can declare was without approval.

It was good enough to invade Iraq with...

Nope, the democrats passed a resolution authorizing that.

BUT it was good enough for Potentate Obamugabe to attack Libya, Egypt, Syria, Yemen, and Bahrain in support of Al Qaeda.

You will never get an explanation as they hate Trump and anything he does is bad, including terrorists!

Even though it was an Iran militia group that attack a US embassy. The embassy is considered to be American soil.

No one time strike does not need congressional approval.

But then again the far left was silent on the illegal wars of Obama!

Screw their logic! You are asking insane Dems / snowflakes who CENSURE the top law-enforcing officer in the country, the US AG, for REFUSING TO BREAK THE LAW.

IF they have any beef with the President ordering this strike without informing two of the biggest traitors and THE biggest ADMITTED classified info leaker in the country 1st then they just need to produce the exact section / verbiage from the US Constitution and / or US Law that requires the President of the United States to notify Adam F*ing Schiff before he orders an air strike!

I don't need snowflake 'translation' or opinion, as they have proven in the past both is useless.

The AG was censured for refusing to obey the Constitution. The Constitution gives Congress the power of oversight and outranks any law. By your logic, Democrats could pass a law banning guns. Barr needs to remember he is the top law enforcement officer in the US instead of acting like a Trump sycophant.

They are not traitors. You and Trump are the TRAITORS. The American people decided they wanted these people as their leaders. That should be respected. The House committees should call witnesses such as the Secretary of Defense and the CIA Director. to determine whether there is a real basis for these attacks or whether Trump is kicking off his re-election campaign.

" The Constitution gives Congress the power of oversight and outranks any law. "

You are truly clueless and have no idea what you just revealed about yourself.

Ah, not just a traitor, a drooling fuck retard to boot.

Tell me fuckwad, which article or amendment give "congress" this superpower you lie about? I'd love to see it.

Our troops are in Iraq, with the authorization of Congress and the permission of the Iraqi Government. The President does NOT have to clear strikes with Congress, he is Commander in Chief. Congress has Article 1 power NOT article 2 power. The CIC exercises Article 2 power.

But, out of the goodness of his heart, Trump puts Congress on notice:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

These Media Posts will serve as notification to the United States Congress that should Iran strike any U.S. person or target, the United States will quickly & fully strike back, & perhaps in a disproportionate manner. Such legal notice is not required, but is given nevertheless!​

So, Congress is notified!

I’m as liberal and anti-blob as anyone and I can’t figure it out when Congress bitches about not being told.

They gave up that right decades ago.

Forum List

Back