I never claimed to be a good Christian...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Someone said in another thread that I've made the claim that I'm a "good Christian."

I have actually never made that claim.

I know that I am actually a pretty sorry example of a Christian, and if I do get into heaven, it won't be because of earning it but only because God is infinitely merciful to sinners like me.

some of these lefties throw around Christian and then try to say that 'good Christian' support homosexual practices , transgender operations , unlimited immigration and NEVER war or self defense . They try to DEFINE Christian to their God awful definition as if these lefties know what a Christian is . I am a person that tries to practice Christianity btyfollowing the TEN Commandments . ------------- just a quick comment .

I'm actually divorced right now, and if I get involved with another woman, I will be barred from the sacrament of Eucharist.

So now I have a choice, the Catholic Church, and maybe 30+ years of being alone, or not the Catholic Church.

I know this Pope is making an effort to reach people in my situation, but I really think he's wrong to offer a hand of friendship that is directly contradicted by the words of Jesus himself in the Bible.

I could never go to a Protestant Church, I'm too much a bigot against Protestants to do that.

I could go to one of those "traditional" Catholic Churches, but I would have a hard time taking them seriously. They dress like priests and bishops, but I would just laugh at them thinking they were just fakers wearing costumes, not real priests and bishops.

Some people are unable or unwilling to offer arguments to support their view so they instead attempt to discredit the other person. You are not a real Christian you are full of hate blah blah blah. It's weak and tiresome.

Some people are unable or unwilling to offer arguments to support their view so they instead attempt to discredit the other person. You are not a real Christian you are full of hate blah blah blah. It's weak and tiresome.

The guy goes on and on about what a screwed up person he thinks he is, doesn't really believe, won't go to a 'traditional catholic church", is too bigoted to go to a protestant church, but somehow isn't full of it?

He isn't a good Christian or a bad Christian. He is an agnostic with no balls.

The guy goes on and on about what a screwed up person he thinks he is, doesn't really believe, won't go to a 'traditional catholic church", is too bigoted to go to a protestant church, but somehow isn't full of it?

Fine. That's your opinion of him. I've had people run that -you're not a good Christian/not a real Christian- line on me. Last time I checked, I haven't gone on and on about how screwed up I am. I've also seen it done to others who appear to not be "full of it." That is what I based my response on.

Fine. That's your opinion of him. I've had people run that -you're not a good Christian/not a real Christian- line on me. Last time I checked, I haven't gone on and on about how screwed up I am. I've also seen it done to others who appear to not be "full of it." That is what I based my response on.
I certainly do understand and sympathize.

I have been called everything from a fundamentalist Christian to a Jewish zealot to a Christian hating communist atheist..not to mention insane.

But doesn't that kind of thing sort of go with the territory?

I have been called everything from a fundamentalist Christian to a Jewish zealot to a Christian hating communist atheist..not to mention insane.

What territory? Religious topics? Anonymous message boards? Is it really too much to hope that adults can discuss things without hurling accusations at each other?

What territory? Religious topics? Anonymous message boards? Is it really too much to hope that adults can discuss things without hurling accusations at each other?

What territory?

Openly professing to be a believer on a public message board.

Seriously... If I came around and posted a bizarre thread about some personal lunatic fantasy, I should complain if someone calls me out?

If I couldn't explain myself in a rational and coherent way would it be someone else's fault if I was ridiculed after refusing to accept or resolve valid critical arguments?

Remember?

You have the right to remain silent. Anything that you say can and will be used against you.

Last edited:

What territory?

Seriously... If I came around and posted a bizarre thread about some personal lunatic fantasy, I should complain if someone calls me out?

If I couldn't explain myself in a rational and coherent way would it be someone else's fault if I was ridiculed after refusing to accept or resolve valid critical arguments?

Remember?

You have the right to remain silent. Anything that you say can and will be used against you.
I see, you figure if you reveal something about yourself you're just asking for it. That's a bit different than coming up with something bizarre though. Then again, to you, maybe not. It seems to me, if you're mainly looking to yank people's chains, you might want to visit the Taunting Area.

What territory?

Remember?

I see, you figure if you reveal something about yourself you're just asking for it. That's a bit different than coming up with something bizarre though. Then again, to you, maybe not. It seems to me, if you're mainly looking to yank people's chains, you might want to visit the Taunting Area.

I am not taunting anyone or calling anyone a good or bad anything...

When someone like Hashev comes along and claims that Jesus was satan and he is the real messiah I am supposed to say what?

Thats beautiful, your Majesty....

May I bring you some tea?

What territory?

Remember?

When someone like Hashev comes along and claims that Jesus was satan and he is the real messiah I am supposed to say what?

Just making an observation. You sure have a thin skin. How ironic. Bye now. You bore me.

What territory?

Remember?

Just making an observation. You sure have a thin skin. How ironic. Bye now. You bore me.

Thin skin? lol... Talk about Irony.

You are one complaining about people making fun of your beliefs........

Someone said in another thread that I've made the claim that I'm a "good Christian."

I know that I am actually a pretty sorry example of a Christian, and if I do get into heaven, it won't be because of earning it but only because God is infinitely merciful to sinners like me.

being deceived by a book of forgeries is a poor excuse to be granted a merciful Admission to the Everlasting. a book that refutes earning admission as one of the forgeries.

What is odd that you claim to be a Christian but you sure seem to be hell bent on not even trying to be a good Christian.

Forum List

Back