I really thought this was a joke - Bias Response Teams

Holy crap, I was going through some of the horrific offenses being perpetrated on our gentle snowflakes here http://uodos.uoregon.edu/Portals/0/BRT/Annual Report 2014-2015.pdf, and I was almost brought to tears.

Examples:

BRT%20Complaints_zpsoewwnoax.gif~original
What's the stock value for Kimberly Clark.

When these snowflakes hit the real world there is going to be a rush to the aisles for Depends.
When i was driving truck I used to deliver boxes from boise cascade to Kimberly Clark in Ogden, Utah

I wonder what it is that triggers some people to hop on this bandwagon? Why is it that some people are so eager to buy into any theory that tells them that our greatest asset....our young people....are incompetent, easily bruised, losers?

Why do some people ignore all of the evidence that tells them that our young people are incredibly capable, enlightened and poised to take their place in society?

Any thoughts on what causes this behavior, Mac?

Imagine some of these kids being air traffic controllers.

Or maybe this thread is just the normal response of folks that get old. I can remember my generation being put down by the "greatest generation" for many of the same things listed in this thread. Yet, my generation fought one of the more vicious and longest war the US ever waged.
I would hope that this is a passing phase, but the groupthink mentality is leading to the deterioration of individual creativity and personal responsibility.

We are not teaching them critical thinking and independence.

Do you think that during the time of the "greatest generation" there wasn't some serious group think going on? A whole set of people were thrown into camps during WW2.

Last edited:
Imagine when the Managers have to retrain the snowflake because they are incapable of performing the required tasks that they were hired for in the first place.

Then the demand for a safe space takes precedence over performance.

They already do. I deal with a slew of 24-28 year old "engineers" at work. I (a Maps & Records Tech) now have to do 50-60% of their work because they are unable to do it themselves. Anything they prove to be incapable of handling gets dumped on my department because we have a core group that's been here long enough to know how to get things done. Yet I don't get an additional portion in my paycheck.

I wonder what it is that triggers some people to hop on this bandwagon? Why is it that some people are so eager to buy into any theory that tells them that our greatest asset....our young people....are incompetent, easily bruised, losers?

Why do some people ignore all of the evidence that tells them that our young people are incredibly capable, enlightened and poised to take their place in society?

Any thoughts on what causes this behavior, Mac?

I wonder if they contemplate this new generation using google.

Or maybe this thread is just the normal response of folks that get old. I can remember my generation being put down by the "greatest generation" for many of the same things listed in this thread. Yet, my generation fought one of the more vicious and longest war the US ever waged.

"More vicious" war?
Are you talking about this war ?
As of May 29, 2012, according to the U.S. Department of Defense casualty website, there were 4,425 total deaths (including both killed in action and non-hostile) and 32,223 wounded in action (WIA) as a result of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Geez... you do belong in the snowflake generation!
WWII 405,399 deaths in 4 years
versus 4,425 deaths in 8 years so how can the Iraq war be the most vicious?
United States military casualties of war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Come on. You are illustrating exactly why these snowflakes are so weak as they are so uninformed about history as are YOU!

I would hope that this is a passing phase, but the groupthink mentality is leading to the deterioration of individual creativity and personal responsibility.

Do you think that during the time of the "greatest generation" there wasn't some serious group think going on? I whole set of people were thrown into camps during WW2.
I'm quite sure there was. That is why I stated it may be a passing phase or that with the advent of the internet it might seem we are more exposed to this than previous generations.

I really do think it is not as extensive as it would appear. As my children growing up and my grandchildren entering this atmosphere I really don't hear or see a groupthink mentality.

I interact with their peers and all of them seem reasonable, educated and willing.

"More vicious" war?
As of May 29, 2012, according to the U.S. Department of Defense casualty website, there were 4,425 total deaths (including both killed in action and non-hostile) and 32,223 wounded in action (WIA) as a result of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Come on. You are illustrating exactly why these snowflakes are so weak as they are so uninformed about history as are YOU!

I was actually talking about Vietnam. The Iraq wars had comparatively few casualties.

• 58,148 were killed in Vietnam.
  • 75,000 were severely disabled.
  • 23,214 were 100% disabled.
Vietnam War Facts, Stats and Myths
Myth: The common belief is that the fighting in Vietnam was not as intense as in World War II.
Fact: The average infantryman in the South Pacific during World War II saw about 40 days of combat in four years. The average infantryman in Vietnam saw about 240 days of combat in one year thanks to the mobility of the helicopter. One out of every 10 Americans who served in Vietnam was a casualty. 58,148 were killed and 304,000 wounded out of 2.7 million who served. Although the percent that died is similar to other wars, amputations or crippling wounds were 300 percent higher than in World War II. 75,000 Vietnam veterans are severely disabled. MEDEVAC helicopters flew nearly 500,000 missions. Over 900,000 patients were airlifted (nearly half were American). The average time lapse between wounding to hospitalization was less than one hour. As a result, less than one percent of all Americans wounded, who survived the first 24 hours, died. The helicopter provided unprecedented mobility. Without the helicopter it would have taken three times as many troops to secure the 800 mile border with Cambodia and Laos (the politicians thought the Geneva Conventions of 1954 and the Geneva Accords or 1962 would secure the border).

Do you think that during the time of the "greatest generation" there wasn't some serious group think going on? I whole set of people were thrown into camps during WW2.
I'm quite sure there was. That is why I stated it may be a passing phase or that with the advent of the internet it might seem we are more exposed to this than previous generations.

I really do think it is not as extensive as it would appear. As my children growing up and my grandchildren entering this atmosphere I really don't hear or see a groupthink mentality.

I interact with their peers and all of them seem reasonable, educated and willing.

Well....that's certainly sounds different than your first post in this thread. If I didn't know better, I'd say that you have personal experience with young people that doesn't lead you to believe that we are fucked.

Well....that's certainly sounds different than your first post in this thread. If I didn't know better, I'd say that you have personal experience with young people that doesn't lead you to believe that we are fucked.
I read the post you provided.

Thanks.

I would say it's not all of the students. I didn't want it to seem that way.

I wanted to clarify this.

All of this outrage is nice. And...all of the hand wringing about how our young people are not being prepared for life is riveting. But...it's all weak sauce when it comes to reality.

Here is an opposing point of view. Maybe reading this will lower your blood pressure a bit.

Has political correctness really ‘run amok’ on college campuses?
Informative.

Much appreciated.

You are welcome. Thanks for reading it.
I'm always open to reading what you provide.

Believe it or not, you have the ability to allow me to see things differently and it is appreciated.

"More vicious" war?

I was actually talking about Vietnam. The Iraq wars had comparatively few casualties.

• 58,148 were killed in Vietnam.
  • 75,000 were severely disabled.
  • 23,214 were 100% disabled.
Vietnam War Facts, Stats and Myths
Myth: The common belief is that the fighting in Vietnam was not as intense as in World War II.
Fact: The average infantryman in the South Pacific during World War II saw about 40 days of combat in four years. The average infantryman in Vietnam saw about 240 days of combat in one year thanks to the mobility of the helicopter. One out of every 10 Americans who served in Vietnam was a casualty. 58,148 were killed and 304,000 wounded out of 2.7 million who served. Although the percent that died is similar to other wars, amputations or crippling wounds were 300 percent higher than in World War II. 75,000 Vietnam veterans are severely disabled. MEDEVAC helicopters flew nearly 500,000 missions. Over 900,000 patients were airlifted (nearly half were American). The average time lapse between wounding to hospitalization was less than one hour. As a result, less than one percent of all Americans wounded, who survived the first 24 hours, died. The helicopter provided unprecedented mobility. Without the helicopter it would have taken three times as many troops to secure the 800 mile border with Cambodia and Laos (the politicians thought the Geneva Conventions of 1954 and the Geneva Accords or 1962 would secure the border).

I stand corrected. Sorry.

Holy crap, I was going through some of the horrific offenses being perpetrated on our gentle snowflakes here http://uodos.uoregon.edu/Portals/0/BRT/Annual Report 2014-2015.pdf, and I was almost brought to tears.

Examples:

When these snowflakes hit the real world there is going to be a rush to the aisles for Depends.
I think some good advice for kids entering college is to go into law.

These delicate snowflakes will be filing so many lawsuits in the future there won't be enough lawyers. Whenever they think they're being slighted the shit will hit the fan.

My youngest daughter starts college in the fall, majoring in biomedical engineering. Maybe she should re-think that.

Examples:

I think some good advice for kids entering college is to go into law.

These delicate snowflakes will be filing so many lawsuits in the future there won't be enough lawyers. Whenever they think they're being slighted the shit will hit the fan.

My youngest daughter starts college in the fall, majoring in biomedical engineering. Maybe she should re-think that.
We have a glut of Lawyers. The numbers have dropped 7%. Pretty soon they're going to just be suing each other.

Your daughter shouldn't rethink her choice. She should proceed and keep her mind on her career.

Even trying to stay out of their way can get a student reported for purposeful avoidance.

I wouldn't hire an Oregon Grad for fear of the harm they could bring.
Well, as the article pointed out, Oregon is just one of several, and it's spreading..
What I find interesting is that the least offense is objected to, but if a MAN wishes to use a WOMEN'S room it is those who protest that are vilified.
They make the rules.

Break 'em, and the Bias Response Team will be knocking at your door.

Forum List

Back