I registered my guns today.

My guess is that you are not a convicted felon or officially judged mentally ill, since you were able to register them. Congradulations! that makes you one of the guys that we trust to own a firearm.

Right. And next time some officious feinstein-like official feels there are certain guns the little people shouldn't own (as they did in 1994, 1999, 2005 etc.), the government will have a handy list of who owns what. All they'll have to do is swing by your house with a SWAT team and pick them up. And if you don't want to lose the gun, well, that's too bad.

"Little people", being defined as convicted felons and the mentally ill?

Next step is to have you fire your weapon for them, so they can do a ballistics check on your weapon. When a crime is committed, they'll match up guns like they do fingerprints. I'm sure someone is working on that now.

Seriously, the reason they want guns registered is so that they can easily confiscate the guns of the law abiding when the time comes. Registration has ALWAYS come before gun bans. They want to know where the guns are right now as they plan the next move. The left goes along with the lie that we will be the first to register without ever taking guns from people. And it's so funny that they think people will believe that.

Next step is to have you fire your weapon for them, so they can do a ballistics check on your weapon. When a crime is committed, they'll match up guns like they do fingerprints. I'm sure someone is working on that now.

Seriously, the reason they want guns registered is so that they can easily confiscate the guns of the law abiding when the time comes. Registration has ALWAYS come before gun bans. They want to know where the guns are right now as they plan the next move. The left goes along with the lie that we will be the first to register without ever taking guns from people. And it's so funny that they think people will believe that.

Be careful, Clem. The paranoids are after you!

If you are ever detained as a danger to yourself or others, are arrested for battery, domestic violence, sexual assault, or any felony, law enforcement is aware that you own firearms. Likewise if called out to your residence, or another citizen alleges you committed a crime, the officers/deputies who respond won't be taken by surprise.

Last edited:
Ironicly, being a uniformed member of the Sheriff's Auxcilary Volunteers, I am among the few people in Arizona that are not allowed to carry a firearm...at least while in uniform, which looks, incidently, almost exactly like a full deputy's uniform. Makes me feel like a sitting duck.

Go figure.

Ironicly, being a uniformed member of the Sheriff's Auxcilary Volunteers, I am among the few people in Arizona that are not allowed to carry a firearm...at least while in uniform, which looks, incidently, almost exactly like a full deputy's uniform. Makes me feel like a sitting duck.

Go figure.

You've been screened, but have not had a full background check.

Too much CSI. That's a fantasy, especially for a rifle!

Spot on.

If you are ever detained as a danger to yourself or others, are arrested for battery, domestic violence, sexual assault, or any felony, law enforcement is aware that you own firearms. Likewise if called out to your residence, or another citizen alleges you committed a crime, the officers/deputies who respond won't be taken by surprise.
Um... you're supposed to tell me how having registered my guns and gotten a license to own them prevents me from now going out and committing a crime with them.
Well?

Why would they be taken by surprise? The 2nd Amendment is quite clear, so any cop worth more than a Meth Head should already assume you could be armed.

I can't tell if you are flat out stupid, or just a hater of liberty. Prolly a combo deal. Can I get fries with that?

Only if they are dealing with law abiding people. If they are dealing with criminals, they should always be prepared for the worst because they will never know what they are walking into no matter how many laws are created.

Be careful, Clem. The paranoids are after you!

The paranoids being the gun-hating liberals who are doing their best to teach young children in schools to hate them, too. Of course, they have to vilify the owners, as well.

Too much CSI. That's a fantasy, especially for a rifle!

Spot on.

LOL, I was being funny, that won't stop the left from trying. They would prefer to have chips implanted in our brains, but short of that we can expect every crazy idea they can imagine to track us, spy on us, determine how we think and control our actions.

Looks like we're going against the tide here.

Canada recently scrapped their gun registry as it was considered a waste of money and a waste of police officer's time.

Gun registration and licensing are pushed as a way to trace those who supply these illicit weapons. Yet, to see the problem with these regulations, one only needs to look at how ineffective they have been in solving crime. Canada just recently ended its long gun registry as it was a colossal waste of money.

Beginning in 1998, Canadians spent a whopping $2.7 billion on creating and running a registry for long guns -- in the US, the same amount per gun owner would come to $67 billion. For all that money, the registry was never credited with solving a single murder. Instead, it became an enormous waste of police officers' time, diverting their efforts from traditional policing activities.

UN gun control treaty will reveal gun laws Obama really supports | Fox News

My guess is that you are not a convicted felon or officially judged mentally ill, since you were able to register them. Congradulations! that makes you one of the guys that we trust to own a firearm. As for me, I am much more concerned about the people who were unable or unwilling to register their firearms. If they are packing heat on a Saturday night while doing drug deals on a street corner, we have one more tool to get them off the street.

like you have been successful getting drugs off the street?

I'm still waiting on "free" speech registration. That way they have your name on an index card just in case you incite a deadly riot or manipulate someone into killing someone else or goad someone into a fight and kill them.......... :eusa_whistle:

now if people who are actually a threat step up an register their guns we're golden. if not this is just another in a long like of freedom grabbing liberal failures. lets see, didn't we just have a recent background checked, registered weapon used in a homicide in Colorado? oooopsie, your plan is a little tarnished already

:confused:
Still trying to figure out how all of that prevents me from going out and committing a crime with said guns.

What prompted you to "register" in the first place. What state are you in. Was it required?
I've been told that registration and licenseing are necessary to prevent gun crime.
Just trying to do my part - I may be a law abiding person now, but you never know when the guns - especially the 'assault weapons' - win out and force me to commit a crime.

Forum List

Back