I see polls on CNN suggesting that the majority of people are against the tax cuts. Huh?

By tomorrow CNN will have retracted the poll and fired one of the staffers who created it.... :p

I think this serves the GOP quite well. Not only does it allow American to compete better for corporations, but it gives $2k back to middle class families, allows healthcare to choose their own healthcare options without penalty, AND, it provides a shot in the gut to those funding the anti-Trump movement, the Snowflakes in Cali and NY.

If these states care so much about their citizens why are they spending so much money on Sanctuary Cities? Why are they relying on the federal government to offset the excessive taxes they demand of their state citizens?

Trump is not just governing for today, he's governing for the future.

Think the tax cuts will not change most minds in 2018, as it is set up so it wont start taking things away until after 2020, kinda clever, yes? if you like A government that uses tricks instead of working for the best solutions.

Where is the Tea Party?

They stormed Washington when Obama wanted $800 billion to stop a depression
Republicans borrow $1.5 trillion to give to billionaires and not a peep

Some people do not think a temporary tax cut is worth the minimum of 1.5 trillion that this one bill adds to the deficit.

I know it is hard to belie that people care about the future, but it seems a least a few still do

What's "temporary" about a TEN YEAR tax cut? Oh...you didn't know that's what the bill says did you...shame about that.

Some people do not think a temporary tax cut is worth the minimum of 1.5 trillion that this one bill adds to the deficit.

I know it is hard to belie that people care about the future, but it seems a least a few still do

What's "temporary" about a TEN YEAR tax cut? Oh...you didn't know that's what the bill says did you...shame about that.

Quite honestly, I prefer 10 year terms on vital legislation, it allows the nation to understand its challenge and address them, AND in this case, it allows the GOP to campaign on this issue when it comes up for renewal and forces the Dems to either support lower taxes for citizens or not....if they don't support it, they will lose a future election.

As I said, Trump is governing for today and the future. He wants the same on NAFTA to have sunset clauses, to allow goverment the ease of flexibility to make decisions based on immediate needs, not based on historic needs.

Think the tax cuts will not change most minds in 2018, as it is set up so it wont start taking things away until after 2020, kinda clever, yes? if you like A government that uses tricks instead of working for the best solutions.
Sartre, SOMETHING improved the economy greatly in the 80's and it seems to have been Reagan's tax reform. Everyone screamed about trickle down economics then, too, but I was there and it gave a lot of people a hell of a lot of relief.
I'm not completely sure it won't be good for the economy.

Where is the Tea Party?

Barry the Fairy added $10T in red ink... doubling the debt but NOW you're terrified of deficit spending? The lies your side is telling about this rocket fuel for the economy show their true colors.

A01C6B91-D69D-4409-B8F2-FD6959DE8C84.jpeg

Quite honestly, I prefer 10 year terms on vital legislation, it allows the nation to understand its challenge and address them, AND in this case, it allows the GOP to campaign on this issue when it comes up for renewal and forces the Dems to either support lower taxes for citizens or not....if they don't support it, they will lose a future election.

The corporate rate is permanent...the civilian rate is good for ten years in case a commiecrat gets back into the WH and sends us off another cliff like Dubya and Barry did.

Where is the Tea Party?

Barry the Fairy added $10T in red ink... doubling the debt but NOW you're terrified of deficit spending? The lies your side is telling about this rocket fuel for the economy show their true colors.
Trump is truly a miracle worker. He even got the left to recognize deficit spending.

We could have spent the $1.5 trillion on infrastructure, tax relief exclusively for the middle class, our schools etc but the GOP’s donors put down their feet and ordered them to get it passed or else.
And they obediently obeyed.

Successful people should be punished by excluding them? Successful people the group that actually generates net new wealth and grows the economy creating new higher paying jobs we should punish them? That's about the most retarded thing I have seen posted in a month.
Shit. You don't think millionaires and billionaires aren't rewarded enough in this country? They are getting along just fine and don't need any more largess, especially if this adds anywhere from 1.5 to 4 Trillion dollars to the debt.

As I understand it, the benefits of this tax cut will not be felt / will not benefit people until NEXT year. That leaves a lot of time for it to be reversed / eliminated. (Sorry, that was part of the cynicism / skepticism politicians have beaten into me.....)

We could have spent the $1.5 trillion on infrastructure, tax relief exclusively for the middle class, our schools etc but the GOP’s donors put down their feet and ordered them to get it passed or else.

Successful people should be punished by excluding them? Successful people the group that actually generates net new wealth and grows the economy creating new higher paying jobs we should punish them? That's about the most retarded thing I have seen posted in a month.
Shit. You don't think millionaires and billionaires aren't rewarded enough in this country? They are getting along just fine and don't need any more largess, especially if this adds anywhere from 1.5 to 4 Trillion dollars to the debt.
Another one Trump educated and converted.

Millionaires / Billionaires don't deserve to keep more of their money by eliminating fraud, waste, abuse, stopping the paying off of the victims of perv politicians, etc...

Millionaires / Billionaires deserve to be taxed at unfair higher rates just because they can afford it....

There are a lot of liberal justifications for F*ing over / treating unfairly 'the rich'...

'Would you like a little 'class warfare' to go with those mashed potatoes, dear?'

Forum List

Back