I supported gay marriage, but the slippery slope we were warned about is happening!!!

Sweden, Denmark and Norway already accept child marriage among muslim immigrants.

A man immigrates with his legally married wife. The wife is ten years old. What can the authorities do? Say she's 12 with a baby. They do not have the facilities to put the man in prison and his wife in foster care.

Do you imagine this will go any differently here?

I strongly supported gay marriage and was happy when the SCOTUS made it the law of the land (despite my personal feelings against legislating from the bench). Yet the gay marriage opposition warned us about the slippery slope:

First, it was the persecution of Christians (notice not Muslims who are free to deny fag's service) to deny serves to a gay marriage based on religious beliefs. Yet the argument was the bakery is a bigot so please carry on.

Second, it was you can't say anything to offend the sensitive people of the world or the non-tolerant left will ruin your life.

Now, they want grown men to use the same bathroom, locker rooms and showers as women and young girls. This was unthinkable even 5 yrs ago and now the left is destroying anyone who disagrees with it.

Next on agenda will be child marriage. I guarantee it will come from a Muslim who says they want to marry a child. Child marriage laws will be eroded. Sounds unthinkable, yet few years ago so was men in women's bathrooms.

Next will be bigamy. It will go hand and hand with child marriage. This one is inevitable.

I am not sure I don't still support gay marriage, but the slippery slope is getting frightening!
What’s sad and disturbing is that the ignorance, stupidity, hate, and bigotry expressed by this thread’s premise is common to far too many on the right.

And the evidence mounts that this sort of the ignorance, stupidity, hate, and bigotry are indeed prerequisites for being conservative.

Conservatism is in fact the bane of the American Nation.

Most state public accommodation laws that protect gays predate last June's ruling. Perhaps all of them, I am not sure.

Again, I think all public accommodation laws are bullshit and businesses should be free to serve or not serve any person for any reason they see fit.
Couldn't agree more. With the advent of social media & a court system there are plenty of avenues available to pressure businesses without involving more regulations.

Can you imagine the business opportunities? Say the only widget store in town decides to not sell to X, Y, and, Z. Some savy capitalist opens a widget store in the same town, states they'll serve everyone, and, laughs all the way to bank.

Yeah, the end is nigh and all that shit.

Jeeez but you people do get all het up over nothing. There is nothing at all "frightening" about equality.

No christians have been or will be "persecuted". Quit whining.

Second, its the RWNJs who want to marry children and have repeatedly defended it on this board.

Third, bigamy? So what?

Fourth, no one wants grown men to use women's bathrooms.

Okay, you can go back to making up weird crap.

Alternatively, you could stop trying to control other people's private lives with bigger and more invasive laws, stop Peeping Tom, stop peeking at people's pee pee's and

MYOB

Yes, the freaks that are trannies, cant figure out what gender they want to be for that day, and other assorted perverts want to use the womens restroom.

Jeeez but you people do get all het up over nothing. There is nothing at all "frightening" about equality.

Second, its the RWNJs who want to marry children and have repeatedly defended it on this board.

Third, bigamy? So what?

Alternatively, you could stop trying to control other people's private lives with bigger and more invasive laws, stop Peeping Tom, stop peeking at people's pee pee's and

MYOB
You can rationalize every step you take as you descend into hell.

Suppose you open a new bar & grill. You're building a great clientele but then a group of skin heads (or insert any other group here) starts hanging out there & driving off all your clients with money & class.
Should you not have the right to tell them to get the fuck out just because your opposition to them is politically or socially motivated?
Likewise I would not allow my bar to be overrun with freaks like cross dressers or transgenders. It's my business & I know who my target client is.

I strongly supported gay marriage and was happy when the SCOTUS made it the law of the land (despite my personal feelings against legislating from the bench). Yet the gay marriage opposition warned us about the slippery slope:

First, it was the persecution of Christians (notice not Muslims who are free to deny fag's service) to deny serves to a gay marriage based on religious beliefs. Yet the argument was the bakery is a bigot so please carry on.

Second, it was you can't say anything to offend the sensitive people of the world or the non-tolerant left will ruin your life.

Now, they want grown men to use the same bathroom, locker rooms and showers as women and young girls. This was unthinkable even 5 yrs ago and now the left is destroying anyone who disagrees with it.

Next on agenda will be child marriage. I guarantee it will come from a Muslim who says they want to marry a child. Child marriage laws will be eroded. Sounds unthinkable, yet few years ago so was men in women's bathrooms.

Next will be bigamy. It will go hand and hand with child marriage. This one is inevitable.

I am not sure I don't still support gay marriage, but the slippery slope is getting frightening!
What’s sad and disturbing is that the ignorance, stupidity, hate, and bigotry expressed by this thread’s premise is common to far too many on the right.

And the evidence mounts that this sort of the ignorance, stupidity, hate, and bigotry are indeed prerequisites for being conservative.

Conservatism is in fact the bane of the American Nation.

Whats sad is that you're in favor of perverts frequenting restrooms with children. Despicable and appalling even abhorrent.

Yet another one of those "we told you so" moments.
And this failed, ridiculous thread is further evidence that you and your fellow rightwing nitwits are proven to be wrong time and again.

Ya mean a "composition fallacy" or a "red herring"? Get lost, moron, you sound like a damn redundant parrot and don't even know the meaning of the terms you use

"First, it was the persecution of Christians (notice not Muslims who are free to deny fag's service) to deny serves to a gay marriage based on religious beliefs. Yet the argument was the bakery is a bigot so please carry on."

Wrong.

Not all states have public accommodations laws, and not all states have public accommodations laws with provisions for sexual orientation.

Oregon has such a provision, Michigan not – and it was in Michigan where the Muslim business owner refused to accommodate a gay patron.

If a Muslim baker were to refuse to accommodate a gay patron in Oregon, he’d be subject to the same lawsuit as that of a Christian baker.

Nope, you would bend over backward for the muslim baker because you're terrified of them.

Suppose you open a new bar & grill. You're building a great clientele but then a group of skin heads (or insert any other group here) starts hanging out there & driving off all your clients with money & class.
Should you not have the right to tell them to get the fuck out just because your opposition to them is politically or socially motivated?
Likewise I would not allow my bar to be overrun with freaks like cross dressers or transgenders. It's my business & I know who my target client is.

Simple! Call it a private club. Problem solved.

Third, bigamy? So what?

MYOB

A transsexual male (many are transitioning to become lesbians) are simalarily situated to straight males.

If you allow one, you cannot prohibit the other.

It is the legal standard that overturned gay marriage bans.

You are either stupid or a dupe.

I'm betting both

If that legal standard exists, it existed before same sex marriage was held to constitutionally protected.

----------------------------------------- with respect but its never good to do away with long standing traditions and Western thinking and laws . Most people that do that are being emotional rather than thoughtful . AS another example , See Reagans first amnesty to see the position that that little trick has put the USA .
Wrong.

Yet more ignorance and stupidity from the right.

“[T]he fact that the governing majority in a State has traditionally viewed a particular practice as immoral is not a sufficient reason for upholding a law prohibiting the practice; neither history nor tradition could save a law prohibiting miscegenation from constitutional attack.”

LAWRENCE V. TEXAS

Consequently, “long standing traditions” are not ‘justification’ to disadvantage gay Americans for no other reason than who they are, when “long standing traditions” are predicated on fear, ignorance, and hate.

“Next on agenda will be child marriage. I guarantee it will come from a Muslim who says they want to marry a child. Child marriage laws will be eroded. Sounds unthinkable, yet few years ago so was men in women's bathrooms.”

Wrong.

This fails as a slippery slope fallacy, in addition to being ignorant, ridiculous, and moronic bigotry.

Obergefell in no way ‘changes’ or ‘erodes’ a state’s marriage law.

Gawd...just shut up, nobody takes your ramblings serious

But since he started posting on this thread he's used the word fallacy so many times I've been able to take full advantage of the USMB drinking game.......

Every time Clayton post the word fallacy, take a shot!

I'm gonna be crazy drunk anytime now!

Simple! Call it a private club. Problem solved.
Not really. We have private clubs here and when the no smoking laws passed it included them. 16 private establishment owners got together & sued & LOST.

“Next on agenda will be child marriage. I guarantee it will come from a Muslim who says they want to marry a child. Child marriage laws will be eroded. Sounds unthinkable, yet few years ago so was men in women's bathrooms.”

Wrong.

This fails as a slippery slope fallacy, in addition to being ignorant, ridiculous, and moronic bigotry.

But since he started posting on this thread he's used the word fallacy so many times I've been able to take full advantage of the USMB drinking game.......

You would be blind within the hour. lol

Wrong.

Jones himself is a fallacy.

Third, bigamy? So what?

MYOB

A transsexual male (many are transitioning to become lesbians) are simalarily situated to straight males.

If you allow one, you cannot prohibit the other.

It is the legal standard that overturned gay marriage bans.

You are either stupid or a dupe.

I'm betting both

If that legal standard exists, it existed before same sex marriage was held to constitutionally protected.

What the Fucks your point?

The standard exists, and if the State sanctions trannies in restrooms, the can't exclude other simalarily situated individuals.

You may be the biggest dupe of all time!

Wrong.

Clayton is an idiot. I've had him on ignore longer than candycornhole.

Forum List

Back