I Think It's Time To Start Considering The Political Casualties Of This Shutdown

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
It's three (3) days to default and it doesn't seem that the Republicans are stopping with the nonsense.

So let's see who's heads will be chopped off....

I believe that John Boehner will lose his speakership.

Cruz, if he truly had plans for becoming President, that hope is dashed.

Mitch McConnel may end up losing his speakership as well.

I believe the GOP will lose the House entirely and usher in a final two years of Obama Presidency with the Democrats in full control.

What say you?

No one is going to lose their speakership. That has not happened in over a century.

The only way Boehner will lose his House Speaker position is in the mid term elections. Republicans are trailing Democrats by 15 points in the polls, and every future threat of a shutdown is going to reinforce a Pavlovian response of disgust toward the GOP.

We very well might see a Democratic majority in the House and Senate after next year's election. But the Democrats have a way of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I agree Cruz has no hope of a presidential nomination.

Last edited:
It's three (3) days to default and it doesn't seem that the Republicans are stopping with the nonsense.

I believe the GOP will lose the House entirely and usher in a final two years of Obama Presidency with the Democrats in full control.

What say you?

I think you are spot on.

No one is going to lose their speakership. That has not happened in over a century.

The only way Boehner will lose his House Speaker position is in the mid term elections. Republicans are trailing Democrats by 15 points in the polls, and every future threat of a shutdown is going to reinforce a Pavlovian response of disgust toward the GOP.

We very well might see a Democratic majority in the House and Senate after next year's election.

America has never defaulted on its debt either. "There's a first time for everything..."

What say you?

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

We very well might see a Democratic majority in the House and Senate after next year's election.

America has never defaulted on its debt either. "There's a first time for everything..."
The Obama Presidency has ushered in a lot of firsts.

Many good (from his policies) and many bad (from his opposition).

i think it's a little early. Obama's polls obviously benefitted. But I think the in the main it depends on whether the TPM will again be allowed to create a hostage situation. The deal Reid and McConnell appear to be coalescing around requires some debt commission (oh vay) report a month before the deadline and recommend something. If a bipartisan maj in the Senate will stick together, perhaps they can ram this down Cruz/Lee and the TPM House's big mouths.

What say you?

Are you stupid or foolish...which one?

I put up my chips against Listening

Remember that sorry A$$ far RW poster?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...tening-one-shall-rise-and-one-shall-fall.html

Where is he now?

Gone! That's where. Thanks to me.

Care to EFF around bub?

Hmmmmmm....!??!???

What say you?

Are you stupid or foolish...which one?

I put up my chips against Listening

Remember that sorry A$$ far RW poster?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...tening-one-shall-rise-and-one-shall-fall.html

Where is he now?

Gone! That's where. Thanks to me.

Care to EFF around bub?

Hmmmmmm....!??!???

EFF around? Sorry I don't speak childs-speak.

Was my question too difficult for you? I could try to dumb it down if that would help.

We very well might see a Democratic majority in the House and Senate after next year's election. But the Democrats have a way of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Both Gingrich and Livingston resigned their Speakership in the 90s. One could say similar circumstances.

This is now about the 8,000th thread with the same bullshit. It's like and endless circle jerk. You guys must need a lot of self-soothing.

Boehner might well lose his speakership if he agrees with democrats too much.
Cruz doesn't want to be president. He wants to be speaker. If Boehner is removed, Cruz has an excellent chance of achieving that goal.

Any Republican caves will face a bitter and expensive primary before losing his/her seat.

Boehner might well lose his speakership if he agrees with democrats too much.
Cruz doesn't want to be president. He wants to be speaker. If Boehner is removed, Cruz has an excellent chance of achieving that goal.
Who's he going to get to agree with him?

You're not thinking straight...clearly.

We killed somewhere in the area of 40,000 Frenchmen during the Normandy Invasion. Freedom ain't ever free.
In the aftermath of the American Revolution, those that supported the crown were summarily given a hasty ride out of the town they'd previously resided in on a rail, all the while liberally covered with hot tar and feathers or worse, or they'd seen the handwriting on the wall and pre emptively fled to Canada or the British Isles leaving most or all of their possessions behind. If the 'Pubbies fail and Obama and his Muslim brothers win, all American males that don't convert to Islam will be summarily slaughtered. You've simply got a rock and a hard place situation here. You Libs elected the guy because he promised you unlimited fornication with any person or animal of your choice, unlimited and unrestricted drug use and plenty of free stuff along with all that. The fact that he secretly intended to enslave all the American people by imposing a Muslim Communist Government never crossed your mind, or if it did, you figured that being enslaved by Barack Obama wasn't such a bad deal because he had such a kindly face. Yano, as heard during the week after the 2008 election "He was young and looked cool, so I voted for him"

Last edited:

What say you?

Marc....the people in this Country have voted THEIR Congress person back time and time again....what makes you think this will be any different?....remember....its YOUR Congress person who is the problem...not MINE...i sure am glad i dont have my lips licking the parties Anal Cavity.....cut the dam cord and vote ALL these incompetent jerks out.....ill vote for Juan my Garbage man over anyone of these assholes....

Forum List

Back