I thought the pope was the head guy

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Not so fast: Vatican says Pope Francis got it wrong, atheists do go to hell - Washington Times

The Vatican has issued a new statement running counter to Pope Francis‘ recent suggestion that good deeds can earn atheists entrance to heaven.

The Rev. Thomas Rosica, a Vatican spokesman, said in what was described as an “explanatory note” that those who know about the Catholic Church “cannot be saved [if they] refuse to enter her or remain in her,” United Press International reported.

Read more: Not so fast: Vatican says Pope Francis got it wrong, atheists do go to hell - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

So, unlike the morms, the catholics won't take you if you're not willing. Right?

Poor Frankie got slapped down and us atheists dodged the bullet.

Whew.

Why do you care? Seems like it shouldn't affect you either way :cool:

I didn't realize I needed to run it by you before I posted a question. How bout you fuck off cuz I really don't care what you think.

Now, back to the op ...

I thought the pope is "infallible". Actually, I could swear I've seen that word used to describe him.

Am I wrong? Or, is Pope Frankie the one who is wrong?

I'm asking because I also know of Catholics who use birth control and make excuses for pedophilia priests.

Has the Catholic church become nothing more than a big cafeteria where the "adherents" can just choose the parts they like?

Interesting all the ecumenical moves the Catholic Church has been doing with Protestants just got wiped out by the Vatican spokesman.

Protestants aren't within the Catholic church so... "cannot be saved [if they] refuse to enter her or remain in her"

unless the quote is wrong and they are using catholic ie universal rather then Catholic.

Not so fast: Vatican says Pope Francis got it wrong, atheists do go to hell - Washington Times

The Vatican has issued a new statement running counter to Pope Francis‘ recent suggestion that good deeds can earn atheists entrance to heaven.

The Rev. Thomas Rosica, a Vatican spokesman, said in what was described as an “explanatory note” that those who know about the Catholic Church “cannot be saved [if they] refuse to enter her or remain in her,” United Press International reported.

Read more: Not so fast: Vatican says Pope Francis got it wrong, atheists do go to hell - Washington Times

So, unlike the morms, the catholics won't take you if you're not willing. Right?

Whew.

Go to Hell

I didn't realize I needed to run it by you before I posted a question. How bout you fuck off cuz I really don't care what you think.

Now, back to the op ...

I thought the pope is "infallible". Actually, I could swear I've seen that word used to describe him.

I'm asking because I also know of Catholics who use birth control and make excuses for pedophilia priests.

Has the Catholic church become nothing more than a big cafeteria where the "adherents" can just choose the parts they like?[/QUOTE]

I think the Catholic church has ALWAYS been that way (choosing what they like). And I couldn't care less what the Pope thinks. If i had been a member and heard him say that I can only be "saved" by belonging to their Church, that instant I would have walked out.
But again, that's only one more reason I disagree with the Catholics and believe they're the biggest cult in the world (next to JW).

Why would anyone even imagine that atheists would want to go to heaven anyway?

You people crack me up sometimes.

people were able to reach "heaven" before either the Bible or JC .... and are still able to without them.

Now, back to the op ...

Has the Catholic church become nothing more than a big cafeteria where the "adherents" can just choose the parts they like?

A question implies you want an answer. You don't. Mocking people isn't asking a question. It's being a jerk.

Why would anyone even imagine that atheists would want to go to heaven anyway?

You people crack me up sometimes.

I would expect Atheists want to be happy just like anyone else.

I could be wrong though.

Bad reporting. The pope never said or even implied that atheists could go to heaven. And the Vatican never said that the pope got it wrong.

Atheists can go to heaven. The same way everyone else can: Faith in Jesus Christ, repentence, Baptism and the laying on of hands.

Of course, they wont be atheists anymore. Which is good because in Heaven there are no -ists of any kind anymore.

Whew.

You won't get the last laugh. :FIREdevil:

Whew.

Like FOX and CNN, Washington Times is all about headlines.

so, this bullshit is only bullshit

Whew.

Like FOX and CNN, Washington Times is all about headlines.

so, this bullshit is only bullshit

Go to hell

Bad reporting. The pope never said or even implied that atheists could go to heaven. And the Vatican never said that the pope got it wrong.

One answer out of all that baloney.

Thanks very much.

To the rest of you, I think this is interesting stuff. Moot but interesting.

Whew.

The Pope never said atheists can get into heaven.

Forum List

Back