I used to be a Republican

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
I used to be a Republican, but then the extremists took over. Now we have people demanding balanced budgets. In fact, they are so radical, they are demanding they actually pass budgets. Instead of moderate Republicans like Mitch McConnol, who voted against a government shut down so he could get an earmark for a billion dollar dam in his home state, we now have extremists who would rather stand for their principles such as fiscal sanity. For over 100 years Democrats and Republicans have worked hand in hand to create the world we have now, a world with an ever shrinking middle class and a Congressional approval rating of only 5% and falling and a national deficit of over $17 trillion.

Sorry, but this is no time for change. The extremists need to be purged from the political scene.

If it were not for the efforts of the NSA and their 24/7 surveillance of these extremists, (along with every person on the planet), with drones flying overhead to zap them at any moment and the NDAA poised to allow the government to arrest them without due process, I dare say I may not even be able to sleep at night.

Last edited:
I used to be a Republican, but then the extremists took over. Now we have people demanding balanced budgets. In fact, they are so radical, they are demanding they actually pass budgets. Instead of moderate Republicans like Mitch McConnol, who voted against a government shut down so he could get an earmark for a billion dollar dam in his home state, we now have extremists who would rather stand for their principles such as fiscal sanity. For over 100 years Democrats and Republicans have worked hand in hand to create the world we have now, a world with an ever shrinking middle class and a Congressional approval rating of only 5% and falling and a national deficit of over $17 trillion.

Sorry, but this is no time for change. The extremists need to be purged from the political scene.

If it were not for the efforts of the NSA and their 24/7 surveillance of these extremists, (along with every person on the planet), with drones flying overhead to zap them at any moment and the NDAA poised to allow the government to arrest them without due process, I dare say I may not even be able to sleep at night.

I sense a wee bit of sarcasm and a tinge of irony.

I used to be a Republican, but then the extremists took over. Now we have people demanding balanced budgets. In fact, they are so radical, they are demanding they actually pass budgets. Instead of moderate Republicans like Mitch McConnol, who voted against a government shut down so he could get an earmark for a billion dollar dam in his home state, we now have extremists who would rather stand for their principles such as fiscal sanity. For over 100 years Democrats and Republicans have worked hand in hand to create the world we have now, a world with an ever shrinking middle class and a Congressional approval rating of only 5% and falling.

Votto, I see what you mean. Such insanity! Balanced budgets! Any budgets at all! I kind of like the drama of going every three months to raise the debt ceiling. And these Republicans shutting down the entire government with threats of cutting spending when we all know there's no hope in that. We have to see that our poor citizens are getting their fair share! We've seen that they have phones, but where are their Ipads?

Hahahhaaa......Good one. Yeah, those moderates like McConnell stood up in 2009 and said their number one goal was to make the newly ELECTED president a one-termer....

Hahahhaaa......Good one. Yeah, those moderates like McConnell stood up in 2009 and said their number one goal was to make the newly ELECTED president a one-termer....

so? you mean to tell me that dems wanted to make bush a two termer?

:lol:

You're right! Republicans like him can't do a thing right!

Things change. I used to be a democrat. Then they got so disgusting I couldn't take it anymore.

Come on lefties. Don't you feel silly playing the "i used to be a republican" propaganda game.

Me too. Now, I am a Conservative. Republicans are too liberal.

one more fakey :rolleyes:
tell the masters the epidemic is not working :lol:

I sense a wee bit of sarcasm and a tinge of irony.

Whatever do you mean? We are on the verge here of a budget passing, or even worse, a balanced budget passing with the world subsequently coming to an end and you sit here and blather about sarcasm and irony?

If the extremists on both sides were purged, you wouldn't even want the dregs that was left.

The division isn't in politics, it's in the people.

Extremists took over the democrat party too! That's why I'm independent.

Extremists took over both parties. That's why I'm a Libertarian.

I'm considering the Libertarian Party as it fits my ideology--social liberal and fiscal conservative. But, the party is so disorganized and hodgepodge, I'll just stay independent.

So your ideology is libertarian? Does that mean being a loser is now apart of your ideology? :lol:

Just for the record, I feel the same way. I'm merely pointing out here that the rabid left has the conservatives at each others throats here courtesy of the Rhino's in the GOP.

You might think that this gets me down, but then I think of history. Conservatives have not had any representation to speak of in over a century in the federal government. At least now the illusion of representation is being taken away. Now we can see them for what they are, our warden.

If the extremists on both sides were purged, you wouldn't even want the dregs that was left.

The division isn't in politics, it's in the people.

Are those in Congress extremists? With only a 5% approval rating, you would think so.

Is spending trillion dollar deficits extremism?

Is launching wars across the globe extremism?

Why does everyone buy into their propaganda of extremism who oppose them?

Forum List

Back