🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I want to ban McCain from Arlington

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is good evidence that McCain was a liar and a coward.

Investigating John McCain's Tragedy at Sea

Some of those who were on the Forrestal and other persons familiar with the ordnance told me that because the rocket did not hit McCain’s craft, only actions by the pilot could have caused any bomb to fall from McCain’s Skyhawk. These sources — who spoke under the condition that they not be publicly identified — agree with each other that, if any bomb fell from the McCain airplane, it was because of actions that he took either in error or panic upon seeing the fire on the deck or in his hasty exit from the plane. Two switches in the cockpit of a Skyhawk need to be thrown to drop such a bomb, according to the sources.

McCain has gone much further than most veterans in using his military experiences for political purposes, but he has not allowed his military records to be released, save for the list of his awards and medals, all of which were given only after he became a prisoner of war. It is appropriate that he release those records before the election. If his actions contributed to the magnitude of the Forrestal disaster and if he left the burning ship under less than honorable circumstances, that information should be available to voters as they choose their next president. At the very least, John McCain should be asked to explain his actions in the summer of 1967 and tell American voters why he has repeatedly given a false account of Robert Zwerlein’s death.

Total bullshit written by someone who has never watched the video of the incident.

There is good evidence that McCain was a liar and a coward.

Some of those who were on the Forrestal and other persons familiar with the ordnance told me that because the rocket did not hit McCain’s craft, only actions by the pilot could have caused any bomb to fall from McCain’s Skyhawk. These sources — who spoke under the condition that they not be publicly identified — agree with each other that, if any bomb fell from the McCain airplane, it was because of actions that he took either in error or panic upon seeing the fire on the deck or in his hasty exit from the plane. Two switches in the cockpit of a Skyhawk need to be thrown to drop such a bomb, according to the sources.

McCain has gone much further than most veterans in using his military experiences for political purposes, but he has not allowed his military records to be released, save for the list of his awards and medals, all of which were given only after he became a prisoner of war. It is appropriate that he release those records before the election. If his actions contributed to the magnitude of the Forrestal disaster and if he left the burning ship under less than honorable circumstances, that information should be available to voters as they choose their next president. At the very least, John McCain should be asked to explain his actions in the summer of 1967 and tell American voters why he has repeatedly given a false account of Robert Zwerlein’s death.

Since none of this is proven, why not just look at his refusal to accept early release from the Hanoi Hilton. He did that because he did not want to be used for propaganda and because he insisted that he would only accept early release if every man captured before him was also released. Whatever happened on the USS Forrestal, his refusal to accept early release, thereby voluntarily staying as a POW in Hanoi removes any truth to calling him a coward.

We don't know the truth but there is good evidence that he was not what everybody thought he was.. There is doubt but all that will be water under the bridge shortly because he will be gone. Good riddance to a RINO.

What I do know is that in 2008 I was a Conservative that always voted Republican but felt that McCain was a RINO egotistical asshole that (although better than Obama) should not be President. I voted for someone else instead.

I also think that without Palin the SOB would have got a few million less votes. He was never the right GOP candidate for President and he has certainly sided with the filthy ass Democrats enough times as a Senator. He is the one that singly handedly stopped Obamacare from being repealed and most of the voters who elected him were against it.

That is all true. It is also a list of reasons to dislike the man. But calling someone who voluntarily stayed in the Hanoi Hilton a coward is not right. And to call for him to be banned from Arlington is fucked up.

I am a Vietnam veteran and would like to give him the benefit of the doubt but I can't. By the way, being captured does not make one a hero.

I read quite a bit about them and there were hero POWs in Hanoi but I don't think McCain was one of them.

He also broke under pressure. I don't blame him for that because anybody would have.

However, as far as being released even an asshole like him knew that being the son and grandson of Admirals would have been disgraceful and a big propaganda victory of the Communists to being released.

There is some good evidence that he lied and acted like a coward aboard the Forrestal. There is definitive proof that he had a Liberal voting record and was a terrible Presidential candidate. We also know that he hates Trump's agenda to make this country great again. He is a bitter old man that has fucked this country by siding with the Liberals too often.

No, there is not.

Everything political may be true, but that does not excuse the hatred.

If you hate McCain that much, it tells you much more about the kind of person you are rather than him. You might not agree with everything he says or does but there's no question he loves his country and has done what he thinks is right. Being more toward the middle is something that we should demand from our politicians, not moving more toward the fringes. If you think our current brand of politics is toxic and that it's harmful to the country, then you agree with me.
McCain is willing to cross the aisle when he thinks it is right

Something few politicians have the guts to do

Why did McCain save Obamacare?

Because he knew that Republicans did not have something better to replace it with and knew that repealing it without having something to replace it with would harm innocent people

The fact that every liberal in this thread is defending McCain tells us all we need to know about McCain and validates the criticism of him by conservatives.
How about all the votes he made for conservatives?
How about the way he campaigned to repeal Obamacare, then when he had the opportunity to actually do it by casting the tie breaking vote, he voted NOT to repeal it? And why did he do that? Because he wanted to deny Trump a victory. He betrayed his constituents to satisfy his hatred for Donald Trump. He's a disgusting little man who (like John Kerry) hides behind his military record, and being a POW doesn't make him an honorable man.

The fact that every liberal in this thread is defending McCain tells us all we need to know about McCain and validates the criticism of him by conservatives.
How about the way he campaigned to repeal Obamacare, then when he had the opportunity to actually do it by casting the tie breaking vote, he voted NOT to repeal it? And why did he do that? Because he wanted to deny Trump a victory. He betrayed his constituents to satisfy his hatred for Donald Trump. He's a disgusting little man who (like John Kerry) hides behind his military record, and being a POW doesn't make him an honorable man.

Why did McCain save Obamacare?

Because he knew that Republicans did not have something better to replace it with and knew that repealing it without having something to replace it with would harm innocent people

But it DOES earn him a place in Arlington.

But it DOES earn him a place in Arlington.
Yeah, he's a veteran. So was Benedict Arnold.

McCain spent decades giving conservatives reasons to oppose him, politically.
McCain spent decades voting yes on conservative bills.

Your post does not contradict mine.

My point stands.

If they oppose him politically, why so many personal attacks?

Because politics has become nasty and personal in this country.

It is hard to credit that you have not noticed that.

My point stands.

I sure as hell don't see the left making any effort to be civil these days, do you?

My point stands.

I prefer those who were not captured

The guy was a deceiver.
He put on a big act he was a hardcore conservative, then carpetbagged his way into Arizona
He would have been a hero by staying out of politics
..and what's up with that remark of the "intervention in Dallas" when talking about JFK in the debates?
heel spurs

It seems conservatives are trying to start a new policy for interring veterans. Those that were conservative and approved by the Republican party are to be buried in military cemeteries and those not conservative or Republican...?
But what about those that were buried before this policy change? Knowing conservatives, I think a few bucks will keep one from getting dug up. Sure Arlington might take a fistful of bucks but that might be because political histories have to be changed. Bless Republicans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back