I went to court this morning...

And despite jillian's sneers...people don't typically get attorneys when they go in for TRAFFIC tickets.

They aren't even crimes...

Exactly. Now the guy that robbed me by gun point about 18 months ago. Decided he would represent himself...he got 26 years without parole. But he will get good time. He will still be a pretty old guy when he gets out

And despite jillian's sneers...people don't typically get attorneys when they go in for TRAFFIC tickets.

They aren't even crimes...

Exactly. Now the guy that robbed me by gun point about 18 months ago. Decided he would represent himself...he got 26 years without parole. But he will get good time. He will still be a pretty old guy when he gets out

You should have slit his throat.

Despite the fact that you put it in a quote, it is still a pure insult you ding bat.

She put it in quotations because it is a well known quote, attributed to Abraham Lincoln. If you find it insulting, it is your own issue.

I don't think good old honest Abe intended it to be used for running a stop sign.

Good Lord
God help America
And I didn't even run the stop sign, as I was approaching to the T where I would turn right, I saw another vehicle coming my way, too far away to stop and let him pass, but far away so that if I come to a complete stop he may have to slow down, so I was being considerate and instead of coming to a full stop, significantly slowed down and proceeded so as not to interfere with traffic. in other words I did the right thing and that is why I went to court to tell them that I believe I did the right thing no matter what. But I only got to tell this to the police officer who tried to talk me out of seeing the judge and according to him "it was not a yield sign" maybe if the judge was ignorant like him, he would have found me guilty if it had come to it.

Last edited:
Despite the fact that you put it in a quote, it is still a pure insult you ding bat.

She put it in quotations because it is a well known quote, attributed to Abraham Lincoln. If you find it insulting, it is your own issue.

I don't think good old honest Abe intended it to be used for running a stop sign.

Good Lord

if you don't know what you're doing when you go to court about that stop sign, same rules apply.

Good Lord

I doubt he intended it to be used for any traffic violation.

But the fact remains that pvsi claimed it was an insult, whether it was in quotations or not. I simply reminded him that it was in quotations because it was a quote.

Good Lord

if you don't know what you're doing when you go to court about that stop sign, same rules apply.

Yes, fight a hundred dollar fine with a five hundred dollar mouth piece

Good Lord x 2

You went to court.

Was the officer who gave you the ticket there in the courtroom? If the officer wasn't there the ticket is automatically dismissed.
He was there as I indicated in OP
You were dismissed because the summons was defective.

The car you were driving is your father's. You presented the registration for that car along with your driver license but the cop wrote the ticket from the name on the registration -- in effect issuing the summons to your father who was not even there.

That is a technicality but an important one.

But the fact remains that pvsi claimed it was an insult, whether it was in quotations or not. I simply reminded him that it was in quotations because it was a quote.
You are right, I had no clue this country was this fd up. But now I realize that after all, lawyers can get away with bigger insults than others.

calls my fathers name (last name same as mine) I corrected the judge said that's my fathers name (car I was driving was in my father's name), both the officer and the judge shoveled some papers around, the officer tried to make it look like I was committing some kind of fraud, while I was trying to speak and explain (that the mistake must have been made because the car was in my father's name) judge didn't want me to speak, I kept my hand raised in hopes to get a chance to clear up confusion, then the officer (not the judge) said you're dismissed

The officer could not prove you were in the car because he wrote the wrong name on the summons. You win by default.

it seems somehow the law is afraid of me opening my mouth or something. unreal.

no one is afraid of you.

get it? maybe that type of delusion is why you are unable to convince anyone of your pov

oh...and ...

anyone who represents himself in court has a fool for a client and an ass for an attorney.
Legal Dictionary | Law.com

You really don't have much of a choice in Traffic Court, it costs more for a lawyer than you pay in fines.

Your case was dismissed. You won.

I have seen lawyers try to talk after the judge has already ruled in their favor. This will generally annoy the judge, and you risk him changing his mind and ruling against you.

So when you're in court, you have to know when to speak, and when not to speak.

Once a judge has ruled in your favor, thank the judge, put your papers away in your briefcase, and leave the courtroom.
That's all I did. as I stated, I was raising my hand to explain what caused the name confusion, and after the court, my wife said how good that I did not call them as I planed to clear up my name when I first received the court date, because then they would have fixed the date and I probably would have ended up losing the case instead of winning due to technicality.

They got the name on the ticket wrong, and that means they can't convict you, that does not mean they are afraid of you.

You are right, I had no clue this country was this fd up. But now I realize that after all, lawyers can get away with bigger insults than others.

I guess it holds true even if the lawyer in question was a US President. lol

Forum List

Back