I wonder if all the people demanding change in Ferguson voted a couple weeks ago?

Apparently LoneLaugher thinks laziness is a trait unique to blacks. Interesting

Look at you! Failing to hold up your end of the discussion and breaking off into fantasy land. I never said anyone was lazy besides you, did I. I think it is you who are calling people lazy.

By the way.....I'm not discussing black Americans here. I'm discussing low income Americans.

Last edited:
Low income people.....especially those who are below the poverty level/on public assistance are not likely voters. It isn't laziness.......as you describe. It is much deeper than that. Funny....you can't help yourself. You need to toss in those stereotypes.

They are not "likely" to see change then.

Ps. Being poor is a terrible excuse for not voting. Nothing but laziness

It isn't laziness. Your insisting that it is......is laziness on your part.

How the Poorest Americans Dropped Out of Politics - Pacific Standard: The Science of Society

That is an excuse. If they are not voting despite these supposed problems it is nothing but sheer laziness. No amount of spin will change that fact.

They are not "likely" to see change then.

Ps. Being poor is a terrible excuse for not voting. Nothing but laziness

How the Poorest Americans Dropped Out of Politics - Pacific Standard: The Science of Society

That is an excuse. If they are not voting despite these supposed problems it is nothing but sheer laziness. No amount of spin will change that fact.

You are clearly unable and unwilling to learn something here.

I wonder of they have polling places:

6 Other Times Republicans Admitted Voting Restrictions Are Just About Disenfranchising Democrats | The National Memo

New G.O.P. Bid to Limit Voting

Now this is really hilarious. Voter suppression in Missouri goes back nearly a decade. They were one of the first states to practice undermining democracy:

Voter Suppression in Missouri

Voters were required, with limited exceptions, to bring ID with them to the polls, but university ID cards, bank statements mailed to a voter’s address, and similar documents were acceptable. The new law requires a government-issued photo ID, which as many as 200,000 Missourians do not have.

Missourians who have driver’s licenses will have little trouble voting, but many who do not will have to go to considerable trouble to get special ID’s. The supporting documents needed to get these, like birth certificates, often have fees attached, so some Missourians will have to pay to keep voting. It is likely that many people will not jump all of the bureaucratic hurdles to get the special ID, and will become ineligible to vote. - see? that's the plan.

Unduly onerous voter ID laws violate equal protection, and when voters have to pay to get the ID’s, they are an illegal poll tax. They are also an insult to democracy, because their goal is to have elections in which eligible voters are turned away. - Republicans don't want fair elections. They want to undermine democracy with their rick leaders in charge so they can screw over the poor GOP base too ignorant to know any better.

School me then. Why would they vote in droves for Obama but not for the betterment of their own community? Did they suddenly forget that as poor blacks they weren't supposed to vote? Then miraculously remember to fit your stereotype for elections concerning local issues?

6 Other Times Republicans Admitted Voting Restrictions Are Just About Disenfranchising Democrats | The National Memo

Now this is really hilarious. Voter suppression in Missouri goes back nearly a decade. They were one of the first states to practice undermining democracy:

Voters were required, with limited exceptions, to bring ID with them to the polls, but university ID cards, bank statements mailed to a voter’s address, and similar documents were acceptable. The new law requires a government-issued photo ID, which as many as 200,000 Missourians do not have.

Missourians who have driver’s licenses will have little trouble voting, but many who do not will have to go to considerable trouble to get special ID’s. The supporting documents needed to get these, like birth certificates, often have fees attached, so some Missourians will have to pay to keep voting. It is likely that many people will not jump all of the bureaucratic hurdles to get the special ID, and will become ineligible to vote. - see? that's the plan.

Unduly onerous voter ID laws violate equal protection, and when voters have to pay to get the ID’s, they are an illegal poll tax. They are also an insult to democracy, because their goal is to have elections in which eligible voters are turned away. - Republicans don't want fair elections. They want to undermine democracy with their rick leaders in charge so they can screw over the poor GOP base too ignorant to know any better.

Ahhhhhhh

Now we're getting somewhere.

It's the republicans fault they dont vote. Therefore it's the republicans fault all their leaders/city workers are white. Which means REPUBLICANS KILLED MR BROWN!

Rderp you are a genius

School me then. Why would they vote in droves for Obama but not for the betterment of their own community? Did they suddenly forget that as poor blacks they weren't supposed to vote? Then miraculously remember to fit your stereotype for elections concerning local issues?

What percentage of low income ( I am still not discussing race here, idiot ) people voted in each of the last 6 presidential elections? How about the last 6 midterm elections? Any desire to find out?

AG Holder wants more blacks on the police force.
My question to him and others is this.
Are blacks barred from applying?

Good point. Funny thing is in the reverse if this comment was made, they would scream racism. For instance, the town my aunt lives in is 98% white with less than 2% black, Hispanic, Asian and other filling out the last 2%. Yet the police force is filled with roughly 20% minorities (mostly blacks). Shouldn't the police force reflect the community? Shouldn't only 1-2% be made of minorities if we are going off this same rationale?

Why the hypocrisy?

What percentage of low income ( I am still not discussing race here, idiot ) people voted in each of the last 6 presidential elections? How about the last 6 midterm elections? Any desire to find out?

Annnd off we go into the weeds. Hang on..........let me get my weed wacker

You asked. Are you interested in the answer?

This discussion is about the complaints of ONE community. I submit that if they want change the very least they can do is PARTICIPATE in civic issues in their town.

You on the other hand has the stupid liberal stance that they are not responsible for their own future and that not participating is no big deal. Apparently change will "just happen"

Liberal magic

In rural areas transportation can be a problem, early voting has hejped diminish that aspect. ID is a problem, but more & more in my area, the Registrar is trying to make policies that alleviate those concerns. Most of those rioting last night are likely to have made no effort, and I posted photos of black residents cleaning up, after the first few nights. the rioters are primarily in the black area of Ferguson. the fraternity has also offered to pay for the funeral and memorial:

cleaning-up-Ferguson.jpg

How many times have you been intouch with your local SoE? I was a poll watcher in 2012, saw nothing that indicated voting was hindered. I am a Democrat, spent hours at many precincts, including a few wherein black Americans were a majority.

This discussion is about the complaints of ONE community. I submit that if they want change the very least they can do is PARTICIPATE in civic issues in their town.

You on the other hand has the stupid liberal stance that they are not responsible for their own future and that not participating is no big deal. Apparently change will "just happen"

Liberal magic

No. I am telling you that there are real socio-economic reasons that low income people do not participate in elections.

You haven't spent 10 minutes studying election results or turnout in Ferguson, MO. You heard a statistic regarding the racial makeup of the political leadership there and ran with it. You don't know a fucking thing about who voted and who didn't and for who.

What I am telling you is that low income people OF ALL RACES do not vote at nearly the rates that middle class and upper class people do. I provided a very well written article that discusses this matter. It has nothing to do with laziness.

Yet another USMB race-baiter.

You little aryan trolls from Stormfront love this shit.

Are you daft? It is a simple question. So now questioning whether someone has voted is racist? Lol

You're implying that the mainly black populace of Ferguson aren't getting to the polls and electing their own to office? Therefore they can't complain.

Got a few hundred thousand dollars to run for office locally where you live? No? Then STFU.

In my business I have created political hit pieces for a few California congressional district campaigns, and that alone puts campaign costs into the stratosphere.

AND OF COURSE THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH COPS MURDERING BLACK KIDS. But you insist on diverting from the core of this problem, because YOU are part of the problem.

Last edited:
Yet another USMB race-baiter.

You little aryan trolls from Stormfront love this shit.

Are you daft? It is a simple question. So now questioning whether someone has voted is racist? Lol

You're implying that the mainly black populace of Ferguson aren't getting to the polls and electing their own to office? Therefore they can't complain.

Got a few hundred thousand dollars to run for office locally where you live? No? Then STFU.

In my business I have created political hit pieces for a few California congressional district campaigns, and that alone puts campaign costs into the stratosphere.
More excuses from the left.

Liberal magic

No. I am telling you that there are real socio-economic reasons that low income people do not participate in elections.

You haven't spent 10 minutes studying election results or turnout in Ferguson, MO. You heard a statistic regarding the racial makeup of the political leadership there and ran with it. You don't know a fucking thing about who voted and who didn't and for who.

What I am telling you is that low income people OF ALL RACES do not vote at nearly the rates that middle class and upper class people do. I provided a very well written article that discusses this matter. It has nothing to do with laziness.

I didn't hear a statistic. I heard many complaints directly from the people who are responsible for electing their own leaders. They are responsible for the results. Period. Doesn't matter what excuse is used for not voting.

Coincidentally they have time & energy to march up & down the damn streets day in & day out demanding change but somehow can't manage to march their asses down to the voting booth to actually do something about it?

LAZINESS

More excuses from the left.

You think running for office is a matter of putting signs in people's lawns?

I bet you have a sign on your lawn: "Community Halfway House, Your Tax Dollars At Work".

Forum List

Back