I wouldn't vote to convict the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks of murder

There are differences between the George Floyd case and the Brooks case.
The latter grabbed the cop's taser and punched the cop in the face.
Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
People are not supposed to attack cops.
If I'm a cop and a man is trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.
I am anti guns, anti cons and and anti trump....you break the law, punch a cop and threaten their life, you deserve everything that happens to you.
What if the cop threatens your life or family but claims you attacked him for no reason?
Different story.
All I saw is a violent person trying to harm 2 police officers and if he reached their guns he was gonna use it...I'm sorry but I cant support that kind of behavior and I'm super anti gun and pro banning guns altogether and join the civilised world.

Did you see the video about how it all started? One cop wanted to deescalate - but the other one didn't. Rayshard Brooks was very respectful in the beginning. After what recently happened with George Floyd - no wonder he became excited and scared.
Once he resisted arrest...the police were correct to retaliate to subdue the suspect. Once he took their weapon...he earned his shooting. You don't get to do that.

We strongly disagree on that. He didn't deserve to die.
He could've killed both of them. He tried to get the guns but luckily he got the taser. Besides he was behind the wheels and he couldve killed innocent people while driving. I just can't find excuses for his behavior, he put many lives in danger including his.
Cops are not allowed to kill someone because they could've done something. If that was the case they could just pull you over and shoot you in the face because you couldve had a gun and was going to kill them.
You are right...but the guy showed disregard to human life by putting everyone's life in danger including himself. All he had to do is cooperate.
That may be true but he also could have been fighting for his own life. We dont know what made him go from being compliant to trying to get away. Cops could have said something or looked at him a certain way that made him fear for his life even after he had cooperated. I dont think some of you guys really understand the shit cops do to Black people when there are no cameras to catch them.
Yeah we do. He didn't want to get arrested and go to jail.
More likely he didnt want to be driven somewhere and get his ass beat.
Where is your data to prove that?

Until he took their weapon from them.

If the cop deserves to be reprimanded in any way, it's for letting a suspect take his taser.

That was 100% the cops' fault. They got into a physical altercation during which, through their sheer incompetence, they escalated the situation so that Brooks then conceivably posed some danger to others. Not only that, they failed to control him and let him escape with that taser. Then, after Brooks had fired the taser, and posed a threat to no one, they shot him dead.

And you still insist that was a "good job". That's what I would have fully expected from rightards - and they rarely disappoint. But you? Boggles the mind.
According to police protocol he was a threat. Change the laws
Thats not what the DA or the police chief said when the soon to be charged ex-cop was fired.
He was fired for political reasons, every one knows that..
If that were true then he would be a millionaire already. He obviously was fired for breaking protocol.
id wait for the investigation to be over first
You said you know it was political so if it was you wouldnt have to wait. Are you stupid enough to think theyre stupid enough to fire him without an ironclad reason?
It just happened let him find a good lawyer lol

Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
If I'm a cop and a man is trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.
I am anti guns, anti cons and and anti trump....you break the law, punch a cop and threaten their life, you deserve everything that happens to you.
What if the cop threatens your life or family but claims you attacked him for no reason?
Different story.
All I saw is a violent person trying to harm 2 police officers and if he reached their guns he was gonna use it...I'm sorry but I cant support that kind of behavior and I'm super anti gun and pro banning guns altogether and join the civilised world.

Did you see the video about how it all started? One cop wanted to deescalate - but the other one didn't. Rayshard Brooks was very respectful in the beginning. After what recently happened with George Floyd - no wonder he became excited and scared.
Once he resisted arrest...the police were correct to retaliate to subdue the suspect. Once he took their weapon...he earned his shooting. You don't get to do that.

He could've killed both of them. He tried to get the guns but luckily he got the taser. Besides he was behind the wheels and he couldve killed innocent people while driving. I just can't find excuses for his behavior, he put many lives in danger including his.
Cops are not allowed to kill someone because they could've done something. If that was the case they could just pull you over and shoot you in the face because you couldve had a gun and was going to kill them.
You are right...but the guy showed disregard to human life by putting everyone's life in danger including himself. All he had to do is cooperate.
That may be true but he also could have been fighting for his own life. We dont know what made him go from being compliant to trying to get away. Cops could have said something or looked at him a certain way that made him fear for his life even after he had cooperated. I dont think some of you guys really understand the shit cops do to Black people when there are no cameras to catch them.
Where is your data to prove he just didnt want to get arrested and go to jail?

If the cop deserves to be reprimanded in any way, it's for letting a suspect take his taser.

That was 100% the cops' fault. They got into a physical altercation during which, through their sheer incompetence, they escalated the situation so that Brooks then conceivably posed some danger to others. Not only that, they failed to control him and let him escape with that taser. Then, after Brooks had fired the taser, and posed a threat to no one, they shot him dead.

And you still insist that was a "good job". That's what I would have fully expected from rightards - and they rarely disappoint. But you? Boggles the mind.
Thats not what the DA or the police chief said when the soon to be charged ex-cop was fired.
If that were true then he would be a millionaire already. He obviously was fired for breaking protocol.
So he should wait to see if was a taser lol
No he knew it was a taser. He even was caught on video saying that.
Felony assault on a police officer while resisting arrest, stealing an officer’s taser weapon, pointing it at him at point blank range, & firing it at him, may result in the fatal use of force. Facts matter

And I'm a Democrat.
Different story.

At no time did either of the police officers show any aggression until Brooke's resisted arrest with aggression.

You said you know it was political so if it was you wouldnt have to wait. Are you stupid enough to think theyre stupid enough to fire him without an ironclad reason?
If he was fired without just cause a good lawyer would have already found him.

And I'm a Democrat.
Different story.

At no time did either of the police officers show any aggression until Brooke's resisted arrest with aggression.
How do you know that?

And I'm a Democrat.
Different story.

It's in the video.

Felony assault on a police officer while resisting arrest, stealing an officer’s taser weapon, pointing it at him at point blank range, & firing it at him, may result in the fatal use of force. Facts matter
The fact is that he broke protocol when he shot a fleeing suspect.

And I'm a Democrat.
Different story.

It's in the video.
So is mine.

Let him do some research

Let him do some research
He can research all day long. His ass was still fired for breaking protocol and will soon be charged with murder.

If he wasn’t violent and didn’t shot at the officers then you could be right. I like to good ole day Dirty Harry

Let him do some research
He can research all day long. His ass was still fired for breaking protocol and will soon be charged with murder.
For being a hero?

Cops are not supposed to kill people by shooting them in the back while they're running away.

And citizens are not supposed to get piss ass drunk then drive, pass out drunk in a Wendy's drive through, attack police officers, grab an officer's taser and fire it at the officer.

Let him do some research
For being a hero?
For being a shitty piss poor cop.

If he wasn’t violent and didn’t shot at the officers then you could be right. I like to good ole day Dirty Harry
He didnt have a gun so why do you keep saying he shot at the cops?

He didnt have a gun so why do you keep saying he shot at the cops?
I see a gun in his hands

Let him do some research
For being a hero?
For being a shitty piss poor cop.
His job was to de-escalate and he did

Forum List

Back