I wouldn't vote to convict the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks of murder

There are differences between the George Floyd case and the Brooks case.
The latter grabbed the cop's taser and punched the cop in the face.
Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
People are not supposed to attack cops.
If I'm a cop and a man is trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.

Prepare to be called white supremacist for defending sound principles.

Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
If I'm a cop and a man is trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.

At a minimum you seem to recognize that as a Democrat you are not supposed to be for rational law and order.
That's something, I guess.

The latter grabbed a taser and punched the cop in the face.
If I'm a cop and a man in trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.
Shot him in the back after dropping his Taser. Back shooting cop is a low life POS.
Your expectations of the human mind and body chemistry are too much.

Oh so you forgot the struggle where he could have grabbed his partners gun?
Had the shooting occurred during the struggle...yes...it would have been justified

It didn't. It occurred when the guy was running away from the cop
Running away is irrelevant, the police job is to stop a violent individual, Turning to shoot a taser at point blank range, at your face is Justifiable reason to discharge

Until he took their weapon from them.

If the cop deserves to be reprimanded in any way, it's for letting a suspect take his taser.

That was 100% the cops' fault. They got into a physical altercation during which, through their sheer incompetence, they escalated the situation so that Brooks then conceivably posed some danger to others. Not only that, they failed to control him and let him escape with that taser. Then, after Brooks had fired the taser, and posed a threat to no one, they shot him dead.

And you still insist that was a "good job". That's what I would have fully expected from rightards - and they rarely disappoint. But you? Boggles the mind.

If the cop deserves to be reprimanded in any way, it's for letting a suspect take his taser.

That was 100% the cops' fault. They got into a physical altercation during which, through their sheer incompetence, they escalated the situation so that Brooks then conceivably posed some danger to others. Not only that, they failed to control him and let him escape with that taser. Then, after Brooks had fired the taser, and posed a threat to no one, they shot him dead.

And you still insist that was a "good job". That's what I would have fully expected from rightards - and they rarely disappoint. But you? Boggles the mind.
According to police protocol he was a threat. Change the laws

Not consistent with the video.

And I'm a Democrat.
I am anti guns, anti cons and and anti trump....you break the law, punch a cop and threaten their life, you deserve everything that happens to you.
What if the cop threatens your life or family but claims you attacked him for no reason?
Different story.
All I saw is a violent person trying to harm 2 police officers and if he reached their guns he was gonna use it...I'm sorry but I cant support that kind of behavior and I'm super anti gun and pro banning guns altogether and join the civilised world.

Did you see the video about how it all started? One cop wanted to deescalate - but the other one didn't. Rayshard Brooks was very respectful in the beginning. After what recently happened with George Floyd - no wonder he became excited and scared.
Once he resisted arrest...the police were correct to retaliate to subdue the suspect. Once he took their weapon...he earned his shooting. You don't get to do that.

We strongly disagree on that. He didn't deserve to die.
He could've killed both of them. He tried to get the guns but luckily he got the taser. Besides he was behind the wheels and he couldve killed innocent people while driving. I just can't find excuses for his behavior, he put many lives in danger including his.
Cops are not allowed to kill someone because they could've done something. If that was the case they could just pull you over and shoot you in the face because you couldve had a gun and was going to kill them.
You are right...but the guy showed disregard to human life by putting everyone's life in danger including himself. All he had to do is cooperate.
That may be true but he also could have been fighting for his own life. We dont know what made him go from being compliant to trying to get away. Cops could have said something or looked at him a certain way that made him fear for his life even after he had cooperated. I dont think some of you guys really understand the shit cops do to Black people when there are no cameras to catch them.
I have a hard time beleiving that theory, given what's going on the cops would be foolish to wanting to take his life from just a DUI stop. Everything was evident from all angles, the guy made the wrong move. I hate to see people die, but he made the situation deadly not the cops. He punched a cop, reached for his gun/taser.

He took the taser out of the cop's hand. He never reached for a gun.
Oh brother....

Okay you win.

The next time the cops get called to the scene of a disturbance, here is what I think they should do based on your reasoning. The lead cop confronts the suspect. The junior officer draws his firearm and points it at the suspect's face.

Apparently the use of mitigation devices such as the taser these cops whose actions you are condemning only buy you more trouble. Threatening deadly force is much easier and much more intimidating but, hey, it would force submission and compliance quicker. There...happy?
Threatening deadly force is going to escalate the situation not force submission. There was absolutely no reason for the cops to shoot a person running away from them and then say "gottem". Your bias in favor the cops is the primary reason all these so called bad apples get away with the shit they pull on Black people. As a cop its imperative you maintain professionalism. The reason? Because you can take someones life if you have a bad day or a slip up.

Thats not what the DA or the police chief said when the soon to be charged ex-cop was fired.

After watching all the videos several times - I strongly disagree! There was no need to shoot him twice in the back as he ran away. The cops already had possession of his car, keys, and driver's license. The cops could have easily deescalated the situation and rounded him up later. The one cop seemed reasonable - but the killer cop was an asshole.
They cannot allow a violent criminal to get away with a police taser.
I think that Brooks was just a case of public drunkenness or at most, a DUI, when they arrested him. That said, he started resisting and fighting with them, then stole their taser. I notice a lot of people on these posts like to voice their complaints about cops behavior, but offer no valid suggestions as to what "should" be done when they are required to arrest someone and that someone resists or fights. All they can do is say...."be more compassionate." What the hell does that even mean when a criminal (robber, mugger, wife beater, murderer, rapist, et cetera), doesn't cooperate and tries to flee. This was just a drunkenness case, but still. When they refuse to cooperate and begin fleeing or fighting, you have to do something. As for the cops shooting him, I'm really sick and tired of people not cooperating with the cops, so if I were in a jury, I wouldn't convict.
" but offer no valid suggestions as to what "should" be done when they are required to arrest someone and that someone resists or fights. "

You must have missed my posts. They have training that tells them what do when someone resists arrest or fights. None of that training says to shoot them if they run.

Thats not what the DA or the police chief said when the soon to be charged ex-cop was fired.
He was fired for political reasons, every one knows that..

If that were true then he would be a millionaire already. He obviously was fired for breaking protocol.

After watching all the videos several times - I strongly disagree! There was no need to shoot him twice in the back as he ran away. The cops already had possession of his car, keys, and driver's license. The cops could have easily deescalated the situation and rounded him up later. The one cop seemed reasonable - but the killer cop was an asshole.
Yea just let the guy run in a parking list with a gun lol

What gun? He had already fired the taser over the cop's head. Don't they have to be reloaded?
is the cop a mind reader? How does he know that’s not a colt 45?
Because it was yellow.

If that were true then he would be a millionaire already. He obviously was fired for breaking protocol.
id wait for the investigation to be over first

So he should wait to see if was a taser lol

And I'm a Democrat.
I am anti guns, anti cons and and anti trump....you break the law, punch a cop and threaten their life, you deserve everything that happens to you.
What if the cop threatens your life or family but claims you attacked him for no reason?
Different story.
All I saw is a violent person trying to harm 2 police officers and if he reached their guns he was gonna use it...I'm sorry but I cant support that kind of behavior and I'm super anti gun and pro banning guns altogether and join the civilised world.

Did you see the video about how it all started? One cop wanted to deescalate - but the other one didn't. Rayshard Brooks was very respectful in the beginning. After what recently happened with George Floyd - no wonder he became excited and scared.
Once he resisted arrest...the police were correct to retaliate to subdue the suspect. Once he took their weapon...he earned his shooting. You don't get to do that.

We strongly disagree on that. He didn't deserve to die.
He could've killed both of them. He tried to get the guns but luckily he got the taser. Besides he was behind the wheels and he couldve killed innocent people while driving. I just can't find excuses for his behavior, he put many lives in danger including his.
Cops are not allowed to kill someone because they could've done something. If that was the case they could just pull you over and shoot you in the face because you couldve had a gun and was going to kill them.
You are right...but the guy showed disregard to human life by putting everyone's life in danger including himself. All he had to do is cooperate.
That may be true but he also could have been fighting for his own life. We dont know what made him go from being compliant to trying to get away. Cops could have said something or looked at him a certain way that made him fear for his life even after he had cooperated. I dont think some of you guys really understand the shit cops do to Black people when there are no cameras to catch them.
Yeah we do. He didn't want to get arrested and go to jail.
More likely he didnt want to be driven somewhere and get his ass beat.

You said you know it was political so if it was you wouldnt have to wait. Are you stupid enough to think theyre stupid enough to fire him without an ironclad reason?

So he should wait to see if was a taser lol
No he knew it was a taser. He even was caught on video saying that.

Forum List

Back