Iceland’s Volcanic Pollution Dwarfs All Of Europe’s Human Emissions

That's what they get for dressin' up like this, and tryin' to scare people:

Black-Metal-Wallpapers.png

Fuck Iceland.

I hope they enjoy the frick'n lava. :badgrin:

There's no significant cooling from the current Iceland eruption, as the SO2 is not being ejected with enough force to reach the stratosphere. Being it's in the troposphere, it washes out fairly rapidly. It's also at a very high latitude, so there's comparitively little sunlight to reflect. Volcanoes that change the climate generally need to be in the tropics, and need to make very big booms. Exceptions to this rule come from insanely massive Icelandic eruptions, like Laki in 1783.

As far as Iceland goes, even Christmas is scary. Let me introduce you to Jólakötturinn, the Icelandic Yule Cat. He's a huge wildcat who eats anyone who doesn't wear a new piece of clothing on Christmas. An old Icelandic poet wrote a classic poem about him, and Björk (there are apparently no other musicians in Iceland) set it to music in a tune that everyone in Iceland now knows. It's like their version of Bing Crosby singing "White Christmas", except it features a vicious beast eating the fashion-deprived on Christmas. Even if Björk normally drives you insane, this is worth a listen.

There's no significant cooling from the current Iceland eruption, as the SO2 is not being ejected with enough force to reach the stratosphere. Being it's in the troposphere, it washes out fairly rapidly. It's also at a very high latitude, so there's comparitively little sunlight to reflect. Volcanoes that change the climate generally need to be in the tropics, and need to make very big booms. Exceptions to this rule come from insanely massive Icelandic eruptions, like Laki in 1783.

As far as Iceland goes, even Christmas is scary. Let me introduce you to Jólakötturinn, the Icelandic Yule Cat. He's a huge wildcat who eats anyone who doesn't wear a new piece of clothing on Christmas. An old Icelandic poet wrote a classic poem about him, and Björk (there are apparently no other musicians in Iceland) set it to music in a tune that everyone in Iceland now knows. It's like their version of Bing Crosby singing "White Christmas", except it features a vicious beast eating the fashion-deprived on Christmas. Even if Björk normally drives you insane, this is worth a listen.

Drink the Kool Aid.

Drink deep from the Cup of AGW

And how about all the other volcanoes spouting off at this moment? See which one are going today @ Which volcanoes are erupting - List map of active volcanoes erupting at present
Read the full article @ Iceland s Volcanic Pollution Dwarfs All of Europe s Human Emissions

Silly denier cult moron!

The article is in a rightwingnut rag and it is predictably filled with lies and misinformation.

The somewhat factual parts of the article are talking about volcanic sulfur dioxide pollution, not CO2 emissions. Volcanic SO2 emissions cause a cooling effect that masks the warming being caused by the excess CO2.

Over 300,000 tons of CO2, thus far. That is one big burp, should keep iceland warming a long time.

Volcanoes aren't humans.

Cows aren't humans.

Natural methane seeps aren't humans.

Nor are natural sub-sea crude oil seeps humans.

But (and that's a big butt) humans are human.

And there's money to be made from humans.

And Liberals know how to make money.

Every Scientific Society in the world, every National Academy of Science, and every major University, has policy statements that say that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. At least 96% of scientists accept the evidence for climate change created by global warming. It is fools like you that have unfounded belief that all these scientists are wrong. Unfounded because you cannot present the least bit of scientific evidence for your position.

Do the Earth’s volcanoes emit more CO2 than human activities? Research findings indicate that the answer to this frequently asked question is a clear and unequivocal, “No.” Human activities, responsible for a projected 35 billion metric tons (gigatons) of CO2 emissions in 2010 (Friedlingstein et al., 2010), release an amount of CO2 that dwarfs the annual CO2 emissions of all the world’s degassing subaerial and submarine volcanoes (Gerlach, 2011).

The published estimates of the global CO2 emission rate for all degassing subaerial (on land) and submarine volcanoes lie in a range from 0.13 gigaton to 0.44 gigaton per year (Gerlach, 1991; Varekamp et al., 1992; Allard, 1992; Sano and Williams, 1996; Marty and Tolstikhin, 1998). The preferred global estimates of the authors of these studies range from about 0.15 to 0.26 gigaton per year. The 35-gigaton projected anthropogenic CO2 emission for 2010 is about 80 to 270 times larger than the respective maximum and minimum annual global volcanic CO2 emission estimates. It is 135 times larger than the highest preferred global volcanic CO2 estimate of 0.26 gigaton per year (Marty and Tolstikhin, 1998).

In recent times, about 70 volcanoes are normally active each year on the Earth’s subaerial terrain. One of these is Kīlauea volcano in Hawaii, which has an annual baseline CO2 output of about 0.0031 gigatons per year [Gerlach et al., 2002]. It would take a huge addition of volcanoes to the subaerial landscape—the equivalent of an extra 11,200 Kīlauea volcanoes—to scale up the global volcanic CO2emission rate to the anthropogenic CO2 emission rate. Similarly, scaling up the volcanic rate to the current anthropogenic rate by adding more submarine volcanoes would require an addition of about 360 more mid-ocean ridge systems to the sea floor, based on mid-ocean ridge CO2 estimates of Marty and Tolstikhin (1998).

There continues to be efforts to reduce uncertainties and improve estimates of present-day global volcanic CO2 emissions, but there is little doubt among volcanic gas scientists that the anthropogenic CO2 emissions dwarf global volcanic CO2 emissions.

Volcanic Gases and Climate Change Overview

The USGS is about as good as it gets for a scientific source on geology.

Agriculture is one of the most hydrocarbon-intensive industries on this planet.

Agriculture is one of the most polluting industries on this planet.

1+1 = FUCK YOU LIBERAL COCK SUCKERS.

Every Scientific Society in the world, every National Academy of Science, and every major University, has policy statements that say that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. At least 96% of scientists accept the evidence for climate change created by global warming. It is fools like you that have unfounded belief that all these scientists are wrong. Unfounded because you cannot present the least bit of scientific evidence for your position.
AGW is akin to a bandwagon. The more that pile on, the more that pile on.

Pile on, Mr. Rocks.

In the meantime, I have a family to feed and a daughter to see through college over the next four years.

Hydrocarbons pay for my $830/month Obamacare policy, my $680/month Mortgage, my $350/month property taxes, $220/month insurance, $500/month grocery, $3,400 tuition, $380/month gasoline...

...you get the picture.

Now picture this, bitch. :slap:

Bam. :fu:

Dick.

Well now, my mortgage is over $2000. And Tuition and books, about $700 a quarter. And steel pays that for me. Plus SS from 50 years of work.

Over 300,000 tons of CO2, thus far. That is one big burp, should keep iceland warming a long time.

Insignificant. Period. We emitt over 35 billion tonnes of CO2 by burning fossil fuels.
link, just like you ask of all other posts, you are such a hypocrite, link, liar, link

Unsupported claim. Without a credible link, simply another lie.

Solar Power Could Be World’s Main Energy Source By 2050

OK, dumb fuck, here you go;

Global Carbon Emissions CO2 Now Current CO2

Ignorant assholes like you need your ass kicked daily.

Well now, my mortgage is over $2000. And Tuition and books, about $700 a quarter. And steel pays that for me. Plus SS from 50 years of work.
Liberal sidestep. :slap:

Even your status would not survive as such without hydrocarbons.

You are truly a study in stupid.

Forum List

Back