ID for gun purchases required- is it Racist?

What I really find alarming is that people still think that rights like the First or the Second are by permission from the government.

I don't need government's permission to exercise any of My rights. To stop Me from doing so is what the Constitution was designed to prevent.
So where did the Constitution come from, God? Sorry to be the one to break it to you but it was written by men, men elected to government office.
And that Constitution is based on the premise that rights are not given to people by other people or by governments but that they are inherent in each and every person
You 'inherent' rights are meaningless unless they are recognized by the government. Just ask the citizens of China about their inherent rights.
Incorrect. "inherent' rights are meaningless when you stop fighting for them against evil and governments hell-bent on slavery and oppression of the people.

What I really find alarming is that people still think that rights like the First or the Second are by permission from the government.

I don't need government's permission to exercise any of My rights. To stop Me from doing so is what the Constitution was designed to prevent.
So where did the Constitution come from, God? Sorry to be the one to break it to you but it was written by men, men elected to government office.
And that Constitution is based on the premise that rights are not given to people by other people or by governments but that they are inherent in each and every person
You 'inherent' rights are meaningless unless they are recognized by the government. Just ask the citizens of China about their inherent rights.

The Chinese people have had no rights since Mao. After several generations they are all institutionalized, just like North Korea.

Americans at the core are a different breed, despite what media would have you believe. That shit won't fly here.
Yep. Mao, who is one of the "politicians' who killed how many tens of milions of people? Hmm...wasn't it something like 70 million.

Lol, commies like you pretend but just can't quite cut it with being honest, can you? Of course it was written by men, men who stated that these were unalienable rights we were born with.

View attachment 475048
So what is the difference between our inalienable rights and the inalienable rights of Chinese citizens? Or New Zealand citizens?

The difference is that our government recognizes those rights while other governments don't. To say you "don't need government's permission" to exercise your rights is an ideological wish that seems to be untrue in the real world.
Nothing. They too, have inalienable rights. But along came a government that told them that they have no rights and that they can only expect what freedoms the government deems they should be permitted. Subject to change on a whim, of course.

No, the difference is that the citizen, through diligence and vigil, fight to keep government from violating its own charter.

When the people lose, then there will be only one course of action left. I call that the "1776 Solution".

I hate to break this to you, but men were simply reiterating the freedoms endowed upon us all from the Creator. If you had read our founding documents, you'd know that.

The Constitution expressly prohibits the government from infringing on these rights and that they [rights] do not flow from any government.

Glad I could educate you.
Interesting the Creator only gave these rights Americans.

I hate to break this to you, but men were simply reiterating the freedoms endowed upon us all from the Creator. If you had read our founding documents, you'd know that.

The Constitution expressly prohibits the government from infringing on these rights and that they [rights] do not flow from any government.

The Creator - not a he, not a she- not even a human -- did not give it to JUST Americans. The Creator did, however, give us free will.

I'll let you think on that and wait until you come to the wrong conclusion.

The Creator - not a he, not a she- not even a human -- did not give it to JUST Americans. The Creator did, however, give us free will.

Well my conclusion isn't that the Constitution is divinely inspired. It is the work of men, American men. Men who needed to justify their crimes against their government by appealing to a higher authority. God told me that.

We've heard time and time again, its racist to ask voters for ID, how about those wishing to exercise their God Given Right to bear arms?

Would seem to be uber-racist.

After all, who is going to lie about who they are? Its a felony, after all.
The two are hardly comparable. The worst thing that happens if you vote without knowing what you're doing is that a bad politician gets elected. No one gets killed because of a single bad vote.
More people have been killed by politicians than all the guns ever made.
If you're saying we need better politician control, I agree. But politicians don't kill people, people listening to politicians kill people.
Tell that to the 150 million people killed by politicians last century.
Don't you follow leaders.
Watch your parking meters.

Indeed it was, to guarantee inalienable rights. Hence the right to bear arms was included.
Right, it was listed under 'pursuit of happiness'.

Well my conclusion isn't that the Constitution is divinely inspired. It is the work of men, American men. Men who needed to justify their crimes against their government by appealing to a higher authority. God told me that.
Goodbye liar.

You are entitled to your conclusion. The problem is, nature is all around us and gives us examples of how you are wrong.

We've heard time and time again, its racist to ask voters for ID, how about those wishing to exercise their God Given Right to bear arms?

Would seem to be uber-racist.

After all, who is going to lie about who they are? Its a felony, after all.
The two are hardly comparable. The worst thing that happens if you vote without knowing what you're doing is that a bad politician gets elected. No one gets killed because of a single bad vote.
More people have been killed by politicians than all the guns ever made.
If you're saying we need better politician control, I agree. But politicians don't kill people, people listening to politicians kill people.
Tell that to the 150 million people killed by politicians last century.
Don't you follow leaders.
Watch your parking meters.
I elect representatives. We have no leaders in politics. Never have.

Lol, commies like you pretend but just can't quite cut it with being honest, can you? Of course it was written by men, men who stated that these were unalienable rights we were born with.

View attachment 475048
So what is the difference between our inalienable rights and the inalienable rights of Chinese citizens? Or New Zealand citizens?

The difference is that our government recognizes those rights while other governments don't. To say you "don't need government's permission" to exercise your rights is an ideological wish that seems to be untrue in the real world.
Is it because our Constitution grants them the right to do the things that they do in pursuit of political careers and power and they can't have one without the other?

Requiring an ID for an American to enjoy a Constitutional right guaranteed in the Bill of Rights is blatantly unconstitutional.
Do you want to rent or purchase a car? You need a driver's license or other state Identification.
Do you want to get on a commercial airplane? You need a driver's license or other state identification and passport if traveling outside the country.
Do you want to book passage on a cruise line? You not only need a driver's license of other state identification, you must present a passport.
Do you want to purchase a house? You must present proper identification.
Do you want to stay in a nice hotel? You need a driver's license or other state identification.
Do you want to access your bank account via a bank-teller? You need to present proper identification.
Do you want to rent equipment from a rental store? You need to present proper identification.
The list goes on, but you get the idea.
The framers of the US Constitution and its Bill of Rights set it up so that anything not covered in the Constitution, falls under the purview of the states. The framers of the Constitution, cited in the document that, in essence: The freedom of speech, shall not be abridged (meaning shortened or curtailed). However, we do have laws restricting the freedom of speech.
In the case of the Second Amendment, the framers made it clear that in order for our civilian citizens to help protect their state from a tyrannical foreign....OR....domestic government, the civilians can keep and bear (carry) arms. It did not however, lay down any clarification with regards as to ensuring any individual(s) are not a threat to the state or public. As such, just as I have said, anything "not" covered in the Constitution, falls under the purview of the individual states and so, any state requiring proper identification to purchase a firearm, is within their right to set the local laws accordingly on such matters.

The Chinese people have had no rights since Mao. After several generations they are all institutionalized, just like North Korea.

That's not a true statement. The Chinese absolutely have the right to life. They have the right to defend their lives from criminals and tyrannical government. North Koreans have that right.

We argue that our right to keep and bear arms exists even if the Constitution were amended to remove the 2nd Amendment; even if the Constitution were amended to state explicitly that there is no such right - the right exists. How is that different for the Chinese?

They have all the rights we have but their rights are being infringed by their government in the same way the left wants our rights infringed.

The only way I am wrong and you are right is if rights are privileges bestowed by a benevolent government.

Or Maybe the founding fathers were the only ones to realize it.

Don't forget that a government such as ours had never existed before our Constitution was penned.

That's not a true statement. The Chinese absolutely have the right to life. They have the right to defend their lives from criminals and tyrannical government. North Koreans have that right.

Technically true of course, but things are not seen that way by most Chinese. As I said, they are institutionalized.

You are entitled to your conclusion. The problem is, nature is all around us and gives us examples of how you are wrong.
So you're saying our Constitution is divinely inspired? Are there divinely inspired Constitutions in other countries? Even England recognizes different rights than we do and they are probably the closest culture to ours.

I'd really love to learn what in nature gives us examples of how I am wrong. I honestly would.

Interesting the Creator only gave these rights [to] Americans.
Or Maybe the founding fathers were the only ones to realize it.

Don't forget that a government such as ours had never existed before our Constitution was penned.
Kind of sad that the Creator would give us rights but not tell anyone about them. :(

Is it because our Constitution grants them the right to do the things that they do in pursuit of political careers and power and they can't have one without the other?
Not sure I get your point.

So you're saying our Constitution is divinely inspired? Are there divinely inspired Constitutions in other countries? Even England recognizes different rights than we do and they are probably the closest culture to ours.

I'd really love to learn what in nature gives us examples of how I am wrong. I honestly would.
you are attempting to change the subject.

The Founders believed in a Creator. They believed that we have inalienable rights. This means we have rights not given to us by the government. These rights exist before governments and will continue to exist as long as we continue to remain vigilant and ready to fight back.

Rights cannot be given, but they can be taken or given away. Taken by evil, and given by the tools of evil. Those who think and believe that freedom and liberty is passed on from a rujler or legislated. These are the ignorant or wilfully stupid.

Forum List

Back