Idaho toddler shoots mother dead in Walmart store.

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2004
52.5 N 1.5 W
Wow, this one even made the BBC 10pm news. Surprised no one here has posted this one yet, or are these stories so common that no one here bothers with them anymore? Or maybe I am on the wrong forum?

Idaho toddler shoots and kills his mother inside Walmart US news The Guardian

You may now proceed to slag me off, or educate me as to why so many American adults have a level of common sense like that of little children.

Wow, this one even made the BBC 10pm news. Surprised no one here has posted this one yet, or are these stories so common that no one here bothers with them anymore? Or maybe I am on the wrong forum?

Idaho toddler shoots and kills his mother inside Walmart US news The Guardian

You may now proceed to slag me off, or educate me as to why so many American adults have a level of common sense like that of little children.

The child claimed he was in fear for his life. Another one of those stand your ground things.

There's no such thing as a "responsible" gun owner. One horrible incident can change a life forever.

Toddler shoots kills mother inside Idaho Walmart Local News - Home

HAYDEN, Idaho -

2-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his mother after he reached into her purse at a northern Idaho Wal-Mart and her concealed gun fired, authorities said Tuesday.

Kootenai County sheriff's spokesman Stu Miller told The Associated Press the woman was shopping with her son and three other children. Her family had come to the area to visit relatives, he said.

The woman, whose identity was not released, had a concealed weapons permit. Miller said the young boy was left in a shopping cart, reached into the victim's purse and grabbed a small caliber handgun, which discharged one time.

There's no such thing as a "responsible" gun owner. One horrible incident can change a life forever.

HAYDEN, Idaho -

2-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his mother after he reached into her purse at a northern Idaho Wal-Mart and her concealed gun fired, authorities said Tuesday.

Kootenai County sheriff's spokesman Stu Miller told The Associated Press the woman was shopping with her son and three other children. Her family had come to the area to visit relatives, he said.

The woman, whose identity was not released, had a concealed weapons permit. Miller said the young boy was left in a shopping cart, reached into the victim's purse and grabbed a small caliber handgun, which discharged one time.

We argued about this on another board, and you are still wrong.

I am a responsible gun owner. My guns are securely stored unless being transported to the range or hunting. My CCW pistol is either in my control or locked up. Not one of my firearms has ever been accessible to small children and have never been pointed at another human being (with one except, and that was rectified immediatetly).

Most of the hunters and shooters I know are absolutely the same way. I only say "most" because I have not been to the homes of everyone I have been shooting with or hunting with.

Now, how am I an unsafe gun owner?

HAYDEN, Idaho -

The Mom was an idiot who failed to follow a very basic set of safety rules.

Too bad she didn't have a gun, right?

Stupid woman, carrying a loaded gun to shop and puts her baby in the cart with her purse. What a stupid and sad accident just waiting to happen.

Nutters reading this will make excuses. People just will not learn.

HAYDEN, Idaho -

Irresponsible homosexual rapes and murders Catholic woman.

See how that works Howey? The story you posted is tragic, and an accident. The gay man who murdered this woman though...how would you classify him?

Mary Stachowicz - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Stupid woman, carrying a loaded gun to shop and puts her baby in the cart with her purse. What a stupid and sad accident just waiting to happen.

I would assume the gun had a bullet in the chamber and no safety. Carrying is a dangerous game, hope this reminds a few people to be safer.

HAYDEN, Idaho -

Guess it's good it was the idiot who got killed rather than some innocent person...

HAYDEN, Idaho -

Guess it's good it was the idiot who got killed rather than some innocent person...

It is a shame that anyone was killed. But that doesn't change the fact that the Mom was an idiot.

No excuses needed. The Mom was an idiot and ignored basic safety rules. I am pro gun, but you have to be responsible.

HAYDEN, Idaho -

It is a shame that anyone was killed. But that doesn't change the fact that the Mom was an idiot.

I am guessing the gun had a round in the chamber and no safety? Your thoughts? I would also guess there are many other mothers doing the same thing...

HAYDEN, Idaho -

I am guessing the gun had a round in the chamber and no safety? Your thoughts? I would also guess there are many other mothers doing the same thing...

Not only a round in the chamber, but no safety on the gun. If there are others out there ignoring the safety rules that they should know, they need to be slapped.

Forum List

Back