Idaho toddler shoots mother dead in Walmart store.

There's no such thing as a "responsible" gun owner. One horrible incident can change a life forever.

Toddler shoots kills mother inside Idaho Walmart Local News - Home

HAYDEN, Idaho -

2-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his mother after he reached into her purse at a northern Idaho Wal-Mart and her concealed gun fired, authorities said Tuesday.

Kootenai County sheriff's spokesman Stu Miller told The Associated Press the woman was shopping with her son and three other children. Her family had come to the area to visit relatives, he said.

The woman, whose identity was not released, had a concealed weapons permit. Miller said the young boy was left in a shopping cart, reached into the victim's purse and grabbed a small caliber handgun, which discharged one time.

Irresponsible homosexual rapes and murders Catholic woman.

See how that works Howey? The story you posted is tragic, and an accident. The gay man who murdered this woman though...how would you classify him?

Mary Stachowicz - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
What's that got to do with guns?

There's no such thing as a "responsible" gun owner. One horrible incident can change a life forever.

HAYDEN, Idaho -

2-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his mother after he reached into her purse at a northern Idaho Wal-Mart and her concealed gun fired, authorities said Tuesday.

Kootenai County sheriff's spokesman Stu Miller told The Associated Press the woman was shopping with her son and three other children. Her family had come to the area to visit relatives, he said.

The woman, whose identity was not released, had a concealed weapons permit. Miller said the young boy was left in a shopping cart, reached into the victim's purse and grabbed a small caliber handgun, which discharged one time.

The Mom was an idiot who failed to follow a very basic set of safety rules.

Guess it's good it was the idiot who got killed rather than some innocent person...

It is a shame that anyone was killed. But that doesn't change the fact that the Mom was an idiot.

I am guessing the gun had a round in the chamber and no safety? Your thoughts? I would also guess there are many other mothers doing the same thing...

An Oklahoma mother is dead after police say she was shot by her toddler son, Tulsa World reports.
Authorities say Christa Engles, 26, was changing her 1-year-old daughter’s diaper when her 3-year-old son shot her in the head with a semiautomatic handgun.

HAYDEN, Idaho -

Guess it's good it was the idiot who got killed rather than some innocent person...

It is a shame that anyone was killed. But that doesn't change the fact that the Mom was an idiot.

I am guessing the gun had a round in the chamber and no safety? Your thoughts? I would also guess there are many other mothers doing the same thing...

An Oklahoma mother is dead after police say she was shot by her toddler son, Tulsa World reports.
Authorities say Christa Engles, 26, was changing her 1-year-old daughter’s diaper when her 3-year-old son shot her in the head with a semiautomatic handgun.
I'm sure she considered herself a responsible gun owner.

Wow, this one even made the BBC 10pm news. Surprised no one here has posted this one yet, or are these stories so common that no one here bothers with them anymore? Or maybe I am on the wrong forum?

Idaho toddler shoots and kills his mother inside Walmart US news The Guardian

You may now proceed to slag me off, or educate me as to why so many American adults have a level of common sense like that of little children.

The child claimed he was in fear for his life. Another one of those stand your ground things.

Isn't there supposed to be a "good toddler with a gun" to stop the bad one?

I'm sure she considered herself a responsible gun owner.

When you ignore basic safety rules, you are certainly not a responsible gun owner.

But that does not mean that all gun owners are irresponsible.

She HAD to carry a gun to make her feel safer. Suppose one of the two or three hundred African Americans living in Idaho had approached her and her child. The gun was there for her own safety.

Gosh! How did that work out for her?

HAYDEN, Idaho -

Irresponsible homosexual rapes and murders Catholic woman.

See how that works Howey? The story you posted is tragic, and an accident. The gay man who murdered this woman though...how would you classify him?

Mary Stachowicz - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
What's that got to do with guns?

Every bit as much as yours has to do with responsible gun owners.

using howey's logic, there are no responsible homosexuals....

This is a lesson for concealed carry....carry the weapon on your body....in coats or purses is a dangerous way to carry. If you have children....think about the gun you want to own.....M&P has a manual safety....it adds to your training to ingrain putting the safety off if you have to shoot...but with kids...you will want to look into it.

The Springfield line has grip safeties....that can help keep small children from firing the gun....

Most important...be aware of where that gun is at all times.....

Wow, this one even made the BBC 10pm news. Surprised no one here has posted this one yet, or are these stories so common that no one here bothers with them anymore? Or maybe I am on the wrong forum?

You may now proceed to slag me off, or educate me as to why so many American adults have a level of common sense like that of little children.

The child claimed he was in fear for his life. Another one of those stand your ground things.

If only she had been carrying two guns ...

Yup, the one toddler could have taken the other out and she could have been spared.

Clearly we need to arm more toddlers.

While I am pro gun, I am not pro concealed carry unless you have a job that requires it. Sad thing for these women. My advice is if you are too afraid to venture from your home with a gun, stay at home especially if you have children.

I smell a GREAT SNL skit where the kid is crying about some toy she won't get him..
She comes back to the cart and BAM!!! Just a fleshwound!! Then she dives over the stack O chips and pulls out her ankle backup and IT'S ON !!! Shoppers screaming ... the kid is throwing lead... BAM...BAM...BAM... She retorts. BAM...BAM...BAM They are both bleeding profusely... Cops show up and they start throwing bullets ....then several more shoppers start firing at everything that's moving !!!!

Hyjinx ensue !!!

Yup, the one toddler could have taken the other out and she could have been spared.

Be careful. We all know you are just making a silly little joke, but the NRA could be reading this, and who knows what they might think is their next big idea.

Be careful. We all know you are just making a silly little joke, but the NRA could be reading this, and who knows what they might think is their next big idea.

Not a joke really ---- I'm employing the same logic I keep hearing from the gun nuts. Suddenly it doesn't work so well.

Forum List

Back