Identity Politics and Critical Race Theory Have No Place in U.S. Military

The purpose of an army is to be prepared to destroy an enemy. If rainbows and unicorns are effective in that regard, so much the better. Otherwise, effective measures are the principle concern. Sentiment needs to be left to civilian life. Playing at war is a major catastrophe. A nation must avoid that.

That is actually not the purpose. It is to act as a deterrence, so that it will hopefully not be attacked in the first place.

Then secondly, to render what assistance the nation might need.
The purpose of the infantry is to engage and destroy the enemy.
That is a parroting reference to the old "Mission Statement of the Marine Corps Rifle Squad".

The Mission of the Marine Rifle Squad is to "Locate, close with, and destroy the enemy assault by fire and maneuver. Or to repel the enemy assault with fire and close combat". Yes, one of many things I still remember clearly, even though I learned it almost 40 years ago. Like the definition of "Deadly Force", one of those things they pound into you so you never forget it.

It is also echoed in the "Soldiers Creed", which made me laugh when I first heard that after I joined the Army.

You are confusing what the "Mission Statement" is, with the actual purpose of an organization.

The purpose of an army is to be prepared to destroy an enemy. If rainbows and unicorns are effective in that regard, so much the better. Otherwise, effective measures are the principle concern. Sentiment needs to be left to civilian life. Playing at war is a major catastrophe. A nation must avoid that.

That is actually not the purpose. It is to act as a deterrence, so that it will hopefully not be attacked in the first place.

Then secondly, to render what assistance the nation might need.
The purpose of the infantry is to engage and destroy the enemy.
That is a parroting reference to the old "Mission Statement of the Marine Corps Rifle Squad".

The Mission of the Marine Rifle Squad is to "Locate, close with, and destroy the enemy assault by fire and maneuver. Or to repel the enemy assault with fire and close combat". Yes, one of many things I still remember clearly, even though I learned it almost 40 years ago. Like the definition of "Deadly Force", one of those things they pound into you so you never forget it.

It is also echoed in the "Soldiers Creed", which made me laugh when I first heard that after I joined the Army.

You are confusing what the "Mission Statement" is, with the actual purpose of an organization.

No.

Forum List

Back