Idiot goes hiking in bear country during cub season unarmed

EC #51
There's .44 Mag
and then there's, I think it's called .44 Special.
Some sources I've read say the lesser "Special" round can be fired from the .44 Mag. gun.
I've never done it.

Glad you're still alive.
Please do me a favor, and STAY OFF THE MENU!! ; )

The .44 Special is the same diameter as the .44 Magnum, but the cases are shorter. It is the same as firing a .38 Special in a .357 Magnum. I carry my Ruger .44 Magnum with a .44 Special shotshell in the first chamber when I am scouting new hunting land.

Why would a human with a gun be terrified and run away?

Answer...they wouldn't. You're full of shit.

Now you've gone schizo on me again....First off, it's illegal to take a bear out of season. No hunter with any experience will engage a bear over a deer or elk kill. And one who thinks a grizzly after a kill will back off from a human is a fucking moron. It's you who's full of shit girlie.

If a bear is charging you, I don't think "hunting season" is what will go thru your mind. You are allowed to protect yourself. Now if you shoot the bear in the back you will have some explaining to do.

If a bear is charging you, I don't think "hunting season" is what will go thru your mind. You are allowed to protect yourself. Now if you shoot the bear in the back you will have some explaining to do.

A grizzly after your kill make it's presence know, homo. Anybody who's ever been in bear country will go in the other direction when that happens because they've still got their tag and the rest of the day to fill it.

A grizzly after your kill make it's presence know, homo. Anybody who's ever been in bear country will go in the other direction when that happens because they've still got their tag and the rest of the day to fill it.

If the bear is after your kill, and you are far enough away to make the choice. But if the bear charges you because of cubs, the location of the den ect, that really doesn't apply.

But congrats on staying on the topic, for a change.

WB #61
I know.
I carry a shot shell in my Colt MK IV Series 80 "Officer's Model" .45 ACP.

I test fired a few shot shells last Saturday, at about 8' range, the range I'd be shooting at to deflect a dog attack.
The pattern is near perfect. It would almost surely blind on the first round.

I recently researched dog attacks and found, in the U.S., ostensibly domesticated canids kill dozens of our countrymen every year, and have done so each year for the past ten.
AND, they've killed hundreds of us in the past decade. Domesticated "dogs".
In contrast, one source I found said wolves have killed only two humans in history.

Count me a skeptic.

BUT !!

Even if they've killed hundreds, it's still orders of magnitude fewer than "dogs".

Ostensibly domesticated canids are deadly dangerous weapons.

And as I put about 1,500 miles on my Schwinn each year, I meet several of them each season.
I'm getting tired of kicking them in the head.

I'm very close to giving the Colt a try.

This is just another example of the Darwin Theory at work. Stupid is stupid be, unfortunately nature pays the ultimate price for the conduct of a few stupid people that have no respect or right to be in the woods. Its not Disneyland out there and people had better get a grasp of the fact and be prepared and alert at all times. So did he have bear spray or was he just another Timothy Treadwell doing his thing?

Chlorine for the gene pool.
I'm not buying the bear spray thing.
Unless it shoots a stream like a super-soaker, I wouldn't be my life on it.

WB #61
I know.
I carry a shot shell in my Colt MK IV Series 80 "Officer's Model" .45 ACP.

I test fired a few shot shells last Saturday, at about 8' range, the range I'd be shooting at to deflect a dog attack.
The pattern is near perfect. It would almost surely blind on the first round.

I recently researched dog attacks and found, in the U.S., ostensibly domesticated canids kill dozens of our countrymen every year, and have done so each year for the past ten.
AND, they've killed hundreds of us in the past decade. Domesticated "dogs".
In contrast, one source I found said wolves have killed only two humans in history.

Count me a skeptic.

BUT !!

Even if they've killed hundreds, it's still orders of magnitude fewer than "dogs".

Ostensibly domesticated canids are deadly dangerous weapons.

And as I put about 1,500 miles on my Schwinn each year, I meet several of them each season.
I'm getting tired of kicking them in the head.

I'm very close to giving the Colt a try.

I was in the same dilemma for a couple years on my morning jog....a chow and a rotty on leashes dragging their owners trying to get at me. For awhile I carried a .32 HR revolver but decided against it for ricochets and enraged owners who's dog I just shot. Got a pepper spray canister but now the dogs in question have vanished from the scene. Got chased by a pitbull a couple months ago on MY Schwinn....jumped off and blocked him with the bike....identical defense that I used against a boxer almost 60 years ago as a paperboy.

you continually make references to "homo" and other homosexual acts, maybe it's time for you and your Elmo doll to recommit to your relationship.
Btw, I don't use spell check; I simply missed a key on my phone.
What's your excuse for your stupidity???...don't blame it on the Marines, you were never one.

you continually make references to "homo" and other homosexual acts, maybe it's time for you and your Elmo doll to recommit to your relationship.
What's your excuse for your stupidity???...don't blame it on the Marines, you were never one.

Never claimed to be a Marine like you're claiming to know anything about "recon", ya little mutt. Winterborn is a homo......sucks on ceegars to keep his lips in shape.

Campbell said the bear would have a better chance of surviving if there had been witnesses when Crosby was attacked who could confirm that the animal was defending her cubs. Because the attack lacked witnesses, park officials are unwilling to risk another attack without knowing what provoked the first one, she said.

THAT is a dumb statement. How many bears are in Yellowstone? Maybe he had a heart attack, bear came upon him hence the defensive marks on his arms, thinking he will be a great meal...or was just sniffing and the guy starts flailing around..ah...LIVE great meal. Whatever the case may be, wild animals are wild animals. Period. And more aggressive when with cubs. Whats the purpose of killing the cubs as well?
Morons.

Never claimed to be a Marine like you're claiming to know anything about "recon", ya little mutt. Winterborn is a homo......sucks on ceegars to keep his lips in shape.
So now you not only lied about being a Marine you are lying about ever stealing the title...what a worthless sack of ass you are...
Stolen Valor thief...

Campbell said the bear would have a better chance of surviving if there had been witnesses when Crosby was attacked who could confirm that the animal was defending her cubs. Because the attack lacked witnesses, park officials are unwilling to risk another attack without knowing what provoked the first one, she said.

THAT is a dumb statement. How many bears are in Yellowstone? Maybe he had a heart attack, bear came upon him hence the defensive marks on his arms, thinking he will be a great meal...or was just sniffing and the guy starts flailing around..ah...LIVE great meal. Whatever the case may be, wild animals are wild animals. Period. And more aggressive when with cubs. Whats the purpose of killing the cubs as well?
Morons.
Because cubs who are orphaned pose a huge risk of becoming dependent upon easy prey. And you know what that means.....plus they were present when she killed, so they've already learned the behavior.

BK #71
I put about 1,500 miles a year on the Schwinn.
I was attacked by two pit bulls at once a few rides ago.

Because I carry to water bottles (my rides are usually 20 miles or more) I grabbed one, and squirted the attackers in the eyes and up the nose.
They hate that.

But I turned 60 last year.
I'm getting too old for jousting.
At some point, I'm going to have to start putting these animals down.

Problem is, when the "owners" come after me, as they have in the past, I may have to put them down too.
I really don't want any part of that.

BUT !!!!!

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6."

We have a right to self-defense.
Sadly; sometimes; we have to exercise it.

So now you not only lied about being a Marine you are lying about ever stealing the title...what a worthless sack of ass you are...
Stolen Valor thief...

You wanna suck my WHAT?
ohmy_zps88e14394.png

Your obsession with the sexuality of other men speaks volumes.

Forum List

Back