🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 If a follower of Judaism simply cannot keep Shabbat, is there a way to make amends?

no mention of "THE ROMAN EMPIRE"----on what planet. Breezie----you were there and read the MIND OF JESUS---
be careful---don't let a psychiatrist know that you READ MINDS.

by jesus, no. for whatever reason the romans were not a part of the 1st century events - till made so by the jews, the untimely closing scene of the historic tragedy.

What are you talking about that prophecy ended when a second temple was built? Prophecy ended when Israel, once again, fell into apostasy. This time, it was mostly just Judah and half or so of Benjamin. The Lord only speaks through His servants the Prophets when it comes to important things. Amos 3:7. I know you don't want to read it, but it's true. God never provided a prophet of God any means beyond the temple ritual except like I said, maybe they were baptizing. But, without authority.
Judaism teaches that prophecy ended with the death of Chaggai, Zacharia and Malachi. Malachi died in the 4th century BCE (https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/1678766/jewish/Who-Was-the-Prophet-Malachi.htm). The second temple stood from before that time unmtil well after.

I don't know what the rest of your post is supposed to mean. You are jumping around to all sorts of unrelated things.

Judaism teaches that prophecy ended with the death of Chaggai, Zacharia and Malachi. Malachi died in the 4th century BCE (https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/1678766/jewish/Who-Was-the-Prophet-Malachi.htm). The second temple stood from before that time unmtil well after.

I don't know what the rest of your post is supposed to mean. You are jumping around to all sorts of unrelated things.
They are actually related. However, yes! Prophets ended and were not called by God with Malachi. The people were robbing God as they do today. So, why do Jews think God turned off the communications with Israel? Remember, Amos said clearly that he speaks important information through only the prophets. Why did he stop?

They are actually related. However, yes! Prophets ended and were not called by God with Malachi. The people were robbing God as they do today. So, why do Jews think God turned off the communications with Israel? Remember, Amos said clearly that he speaks important information through only the prophets. Why did he stop?
That is answered in an article referenced at the end of the link I provided

No one pays much attention to them anyway so it's not a big deal.

wrong -

1694178024707.jpeg

reply, nutz - obviously you're religious for your own selfish purposes ... like your day off from hard labour. the garden is nothing to you the chicken soup is what is holy.

That was a good laugh. Talk about double talk. The Talmud is not scripture. And the fact that writer admitted there was wickedness means there was idolatry. Yet he has the Gaul to say idolatry didn’t exist. Unbelievable!
Yes, the prophets ceases because God withdrew from the people. He gave them another chance with the prophet John the Baptist but the people saw him as crazy. Then, another chance when Jehovah himself came off his throne and preached to them in the flesh and most rejected him. The Jews pretty much rejected the Apostles who are prophets. Slowly, the Lord didn’t replace the ones who were killed or lost their way as well. Finally, John the Revelator was translated in a twinkling of an eye to remain on the earth keeping a spark going and seeing to it a remembrance of the writings of the Apostles were continued until Christ’s 2nd Coming.

That was a good laugh. Talk about double talk. The Talmud is not scripture. And the fact that writer admitted there was wickedness means there was idolatry. Yet he has the Gaul to say idolatry didn’t exist. Unbelievable!
Yes, the prophets ceases because God withdrew from the people. He gave them another chance with the prophet John the Baptist but the people saw him as crazy. Then, another chance when Jehovah himself came off his throne and preached to them in the flesh and most rejected him. The Jews pretty much rejected the Apostles who are prophets. Slowly, the Lord didn’t replace the ones who were killed or lost their way as well. Finally, John the Revelator was translated in a twinkling of an eye to remain on the earth keeping a spark going and seeing to it a remembrance of the writings of the Apostles were continued until Christ’s 2nd Coming.
So you reject Judaism. What else is new. Best of luck to you on your path.

So you reject Judaism. What else is new. Best of luck to you on your path.
Well, not most of it. When I was baptized back in 1977, I met with a General Authority of our Church because he was on the board of the Church and local Salt Lake City ministerial association that met with the Jews at the local synagogue. He said that I didn't have to give up much because of the close connection with our beliefs and the Judaism of our time. What I was doing is adding on to it with the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. When you look at just the organization of Moses church at the time, it is very much as our church is now.
Prophet Moses = Prophet Joseph Smith
12 Leaders of the 12 Tribes = 12 Apostles of today
The 70 organization of priesthood = The 70 organization of priesthood
Priests, elders and high priests = Priests, elders and high priests

There's more but that's to start with. What I do is certainly interpret certain scriptures differently and the importance of present day prophets. When Ezra came back from Babylonia, Genealogy was important to establish who could serve in the priesthood. He also established the Great Synagogue of leaders. The Sanhedrin if you will. This group of Ezra said that prophets were merely messengers of God. But, the interpretation must be done by the Great Synagogue. This is why prophets became unimportant and this is why much apostasy occurred. The people cut off their own life line to God. And, thus they went from one domination to another and eventually the Romans.

This is the difference between fact and truth.

For clarification.

Do Jews follow the sabbath?

It is true.

Is it a fact?

No. Some Jews do not follow the Shabbat laws and very few follow them fully and correctly.

_____

Do Jews not eat pork.

It is true that Jews do not eat pork?

Is it a fact?

No. There are Jews who do eat pork.

_____

Regarding not following the Shabbat laws, at the table of judgment, there will be both Mashiach (defender) and ha-Satan (accuser).

Well, not most of it. When I was baptized back in 1977, I met with a General Authority of our Church because he was on the board of the Church and local Salt Lake City ministerial association that met with the Jews at the local synagogue. He said that I didn't have to give up much because of the close connection with our beliefs and the Judaism of our time. What I was doing is adding on to it with the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. When you look at just the organization of Moses church at the time, it is very much as our church is now.
Prophet Moses = Prophet Joseph Smith
12 Leaders of the 12 Tribes = 12 Apostles of today
The 70 organization of priesthood = The 70 organization of priesthood
Priests, elders and high priests = Priests, elders and high priests

There's more but that's to start with. What I do is certainly interpret certain scriptures differently and the importance of present day prophets. When Ezra came back from Babylonia, Genealogy was important to establish who could serve in the priesthood. He also established the Great Synagogue of leaders. The Sanhedrin if you will. This group of Ezra said that prophets were merely messengers of God. But, the interpretation must be done by the Great Synagogue. This is why prophets became unimportant and this is why much apostasy occurred. The people cut off their own life line to God. And, thus they went from one domination to another and eventually the Romans.
There is so much in this that is a rejection of Judaism and Jewish teaching. There is no shame in being distinct from Judaism. You should embrace it instead of trying to claim common ground.

There is so much in this that is a rejection of Judaism and Jewish teaching. There is no shame in being distinct from Judaism. You should embrace it instead of trying to claim common ground.
I believe that poster DID reject Judaism. Isn’t he the one who said he was born Jewish, but converted to Christianity - complete with a baptism? It seems he wants it both ways.

I have run into this with an Evangelical couple who kept after me to “open my heart to Jesus,” warning me that the only way to the Father was through whom they called “the son”, yet assuring me I could still be Jewish. It’s a lie that proselytizers say to get Jews to be OK with becoming Christian.

I believe that poster DID reject Judaism. Isn’t he the one who said he was born Jewish, but converted to Christianity - complete with a baptism? It seems he wants it both ways.

I have run into this with an Evangelical couple who kept after me to “open my heart to Jesus,” warning me that the only way to the Father was through whom they called “the son”, yet assuring me I could still be Jewish. It’s a lie that proselytizers say to get Jews to be OK with becoming Christian.
It gets worse---there is a partyline jingle-----this >>>> "COMPLETE JEW"----to
wit, a "REAL JEW" ie a "COMPLETE JEW" is one who accepts ""JESUS CHRIST""

I do embrace my conversion to the truth. However, there is still a great connection as we are mostly of Joseph and thus we are cousins with Judah, the Jews. Hey cousin!

Forum List

Back