🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 If a follower of Judaism simply cannot keep Shabbat, is there a way to make amends?

Truth is not ascertained by a show of hands.
This isn’t a question of truth. It’s simply to elevate the condemnation of having to work on Saturdays or other things that the majority do on Saturday to avoid breaking a Sabbath, open your eyes to what is really possible. Christians do so In Israel. But Jews are too good for Christians to make the change. Again, it’s one day out of seven. Which day doesn’t matter.

This isn’t a question of truth. It’s simply to elevate the condemnation of having to work on Saturdays or other things that the majority do on Saturday to avoid breaking a Sabbath, open your eyes to what is really possible. Christians do so In Israel. But Jews are too good for Christians to make the change. Again, it’s one day out of seven. Which day doesn’t matter.
"Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye?" - Luke 6:41

Truth is not ascertained by a show of hands.
The day doesn't matter.

- if in fact the heavens claimed their creation on the 7th day as a specific type upon completion was a - sabbath - to keep holy ... rather than the clamour for a day off.

which is the show of hands - is obvious. - - - found in their documents. truth be told.

ria's coin is flipped on the wrong side - so, yes it is.

- if in fact the heavens claimed their creation on the 7th day as a specific type upon completion was a - sabbath - to keep holy ... rather than the clamour for a day off.

which is the show of hands - is obvious. - - - found in their documents. truth be told.

I don't speak Hebrew nor am I Jewish. Leave it to the experts.

"Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye?" - Luke 6:41
Nice try. I’m actually on the side of Jews who are condemned by your Jewish leaders because they refuse to assimilate into the vast majority’s decision on the day of the Sabbath so people can choose not to work on that day. Again, God never told Jews or Christians what day to choose. The people in Israel have chosen Saturday. The people in Americas have chosen Sunday. If your leaders are going to be pigheaded about this then they are judging unrighteously as people have to work and take care of their families. Not everyone can be a rabbi. This also is the same for JWs and Seventh Day Adventists. Your leaders are committing unrighteous dominion and domination.

There were no days to God. Only time periods. That’s the correct translation. The days of the week are man’s construct. So again, the specific day doesn’t matter. Our western society says work Monday through Saturday and take Sunday off. In Israel, they say work Sunday through Friday and stop at sundown. Whatever society decides is the 6 days of work. The Sabbath was made for Man. Not man for the Sabbath.

Well then, you're wrong. Jews are JUDAH. Yes, a remnant of the tribes of Levi and Benjamin are represented but the Lost Tribes still exist. God has decreed this. It doesn't require your belief.

I am your brother JOSEPH
So a Jew is wrong about who or what is a Jew. Thank you for your input.

There were no days to God. Only time periods. That’s the correct translation.

the heavens are who were responsible for earth's creation, and its physiological content ...

“Let us make life in our image, in our likeness, the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky the livestock and all the wild animals, and all the creatures that move along the ground.”

those that wrote genesis, moses (falsely written) - made the corollary of completions to days - the 7th then may be for rest however for their like wise false commandment as written the 7th was their, the heavens appraisal for what they created, a - sabbath - of heavenly origin, their garden as such to be keep holy ...

not made into a concrete / asphalt waste land ... all three desert religions have violated.

Nice try. I’m actually on the side of Jews who are condemned by your Jewish leaders because they refuse to assimilate into the vast majority’s decision on the day of the Sabbath so people can choose not to work on that day. Again, God never told Jews or Christians what day to choose. The people in Israel have chosen Saturday. The people in Americas have chosen Sunday.
The better question is why the Jews chose Saturday. Exodus, Chapter 16, if I recall correctly, notes that God provided a double portion of manna on the sixth day so that the people might rest on the seventh. Jews marked this day, and the Sabbath has been on Saturday ever since.

Christians: Jesus returned to life on Sunday, and this is the day Christians renew that new life within themselves.

Both days have great meaning for the people of each faith, and each should be honored equally.

the heavens are who were responsible for earth's creation, and its physiological content ...

those that wrote genesis, moses (falsely written) - made the corollary of completions to days - the 7th then may be for rest however for their like wise false commandment as written the 7th was their, the heavens appraisal for what they created, a - sabbath - of heavenly origin, their garden as such to be keep holy ...

not made into a concrete / asphalt waste land ... all three desert religions have violated.
God spoke to Moses in terms that he could understand. Same with Abraham and all the prophets. However, we live in our reality here on earth where the earth revolves around our sun approx. every 365 days and rotates on its own axis once per day. Did you know that the concept of degrees comes from the annual rotation of the earth around the sun. Back then thought to be 360 days. One degree equaled one day to them. By the time Moses came along, mankind had already established this knowledge and thus the Lord said that the time periods you earthlings live means every 7th day of the week you will keep it holy unto the Lord thy God in similitude to the Lord's creative 7 periods of time. And therefore, everything that was written down by Moses is true and correct as long as it has been translated and interpreted correctly.
Now, since you have nothing to base your concepts on, bug off.

God spoke to Moses in terms that he could understand. Same with Abraham and all the prophets.

you are a joke -

the heavens speak to everyone or no one at all ... proof of their existence is the metaphysical physiological substance and its unique spiritual content their creation of life for who may so desire to understand and follow their guide to return from whence they came as a goal for those who so chose such a path.

what really has judaism, their documents - your claim to fame ever accomplish for humanity.

The better question is why the Jews chose Saturday. Exodus, Chapter 16, if I recall correctly, notes that God provided a double portion of manna on the sixth day so that the people might rest on the seventh. Jews marked this day, and the Sabbath has been on Saturday ever since.

Christians: Jesus returned to life on Sunday, and this is the day Christians renew that new life within themselves.

Both days have great meaning for the people of each faith, and each should be honored equally.
This article may help understand what I'm saying: Saturday Sabbath? Or Lunar Sabbath?
Here are a couple excerpts from it:
1. Scripture itself supports this calendar configuration. Every time the seventh-day Sabbath is given a numbered date in the Bible, it always falls on the 8th, the 15th, the 22nd or the 29th of the month.

This should be enough to help understand that the Sabbath was Lunar in ancient days like in Exodus and that the Sabbath would change each month, year and so on.

Jews and the Lunar Sabbath
While it is true that the Jews today worship on a Saturday sabbath, this does not prove that it is the true Sabbath. They did not always worship on the Saturday sabbath. Jewish scholars are very clear that the original method of calendation was different from the modern calendar and that under intense persecution during the fourth century A.D., the Jews gave up their original lunar-solar calendar with its lunar Sabbath. Declaring the new month by observation of the new moon, and the new year by the arrival of spring, can only be done by the Sanhedrin. In the time of Hillell II [4th century C.E.], the last President of the Sanhedrin, the Romans prohibited this practice. Hillel II was therefore forced to institute his fixed calendar, thus in effect giving the Sanhedrin's advance approval to the calendars of all future years. ("The Jewish Calendar and Holidays (incl. Sabbath)": The Jewish Calendar; Changing the Calendar, www.torah.org, emphasis supplied.)

Once the ancient lunar-solar calendar had been set aside, knowledge of the true lunar Sabbath was lost with the acceptance of the pagan Julian calendar.

Lunar Sabbath Lost

you are a joke -

the heavens speak to everyone or no one at all ... proof of their existence is the metaphysical physiological substance and its unique spiritual content their creation of life for who may so desire to understand and follow their guide to return from whence they came as a goal for those who so chose such a path.

what really has judaism, their documents - your claim to fame ever accomplish for humanity.
You either believe in God or Believe in anything. The latter is your interpretation of existence. Not mine. You'll believe anything if it allows you to behave in the way you want to. It allows people such as yourself to justify evil behaviors.

This article may help understand what I'm saying
A Christian citing a Christian. I am not impressed by any group calling something "lost" by an earlier generation, just so they can "find" it.

I am fine with how Jews see the history of their Sabbath day.

A Christian citing a Christian. I am not impressed by any group calling something "lost" by an earlier generation, just so they can "find" it.

I am fine with how Jews see the history of their Sabbath day.
They see it wrong since the actual setting of Saturday to be their sabbath was forced upon them in 400 AD. The article had nothing to do with Christian understanding. It has to do with historical knowledge. The fact is, the Sabbath was anciently viewed as Lunar. Live with it. It was the fact. All it shows is that the day one chooses isn't as important as working on 6 days and resting the 7th day and keep it the same week after week.

There were no days to God. Only time periods. That’s the correct translation. The days of the week are man’s construct. So again, the specific day doesn’t matter. Our western society says work Monday through Saturday and take Sunday off. In Israel, they say work Sunday through Friday and stop at sundown. Whatever society decides is the 6 days of work. The Sabbath was made for Man. Not man for the Sabbath.
there is no underwear in the "mind" of "god" but there is very complex underwear
in the mind of MORON (i)
They see it wrong since the actual setting of Saturday to be their sabbath was forced upon them in 400 AD. The article had nothing to do with Christian understanding. It has to do with historical knowledge. The fact is, the Sabbath was anciently viewed as Lunar. Live with it. It was the fact. All it shows is that the day one chooses isn't as important as working on 6 days and resting the 7th day and keep it the same week after week.
nope----the weekly cycle was and remained EVERY SEVEN DAYS -----it did not change with the adaptation from Lunar to SOLAR despite they MANY reinterpretations of the
calendar over centuries----even long before 400 AD. The seventh day was not tied to
the phase of the moon-----the MONTH was but not the seventh day

You either believe in God or Believe in anything. The latter is your interpretation of existence. Not mine. You'll believe anything if it allows you to behave in the way you want to. It allows people such as yourself to justify evil behaviors.
you are a joke -

try something other than your literary dead ends - a walk in the park would do wonders for your present state of mental decay.

there is no underwear in the "mind" of "god" but there is very complex underwear
in the mind of MORON (i)

nope----the weekly cycle was and remained EVERY SEVEN DAYS -----it did not change with the adaptation from Lunar to SOLAR despite they MANY reinterpretations of the
calendar over centuries----even long before 400 AD. The seventh day was not tied to
the phase of the moon-----the MONTH was but not the seventh day
I’m not going to argue with idiots. Ancient Israel lived on the lunar-solar calendar. Every educated person knows this and how it works. Only until the Gregorian Calendar was put into place did the sabbath end up on the same day.

Forum List

Back