Zone1 If a follower of Judaism simply cannot keep Shabbat, is there a way to make amends?

I’m not going to argue with idiots. Ancient Israel lived on the lunar-solar calendar. Every educated person knows this and how it works. Only until the Gregorian Calendar was put into place did the sabbath end up on the same day.
Jews still use a lunar-solar calendar. The sabbath"s being Saturday hasn't changed.

I’m not going to argue with idiots. Ancient Israel lived on the lunar-solar calendar. Every educated person knows this and how it works. Only until the Gregorian Calendar was put into place did the sabbath end up on the same day.
wrong---you got a real citation to support your silly little supposition? That would be
a reconstruction of RECORDED events showing that----some 2500 years ago----Judea
celebrated "sabbath" on what today would be TUESDAY?

I’m not going to argue with idiots.

well, those enamoured by the desert documents as yourself might leave you with few and far between to argue with ...

try the atheists, at least corruption will not be an issue you might find refreshing.

Jews still use a lunar-solar calendar. The sabbath"s being Saturday hasn't changed.
If they used the lunar for the sabbath like they did in Moses time to about 400 AD, the work week would change for Jews every month. It’s historic fact it did in ancient Israeli life.
Both Jews and Christians use lunar calendaring when it comes to Passover and Easter. Other holy days as well. But no longer the Sabbath.

wrong---you got a real citation to support your silly little supposition? That would be
a reconstruction of RECORDED events showing that----some 2500 years ago----Judea
celebrated "sabbath" on what today would be TUESDAY?
The Sabbath and Holy Days were lunar calendaring. So yes. By the way, did the ancient Israelites call the days by names or by numbers?

If they used the lunar for the sabbath like they did in Moses time to about 400 AD, the work week would change for Jews every month. It’s historic fact it did in ancient Israeli life.
Both Jews and Christians use lunar calendaring when it comes to Passover and Easter. Other holy days as well. But no longer the Sabbath.
wrong again----the seven day cycle of the week was never dependent on the cycles
of the moon-----if it were so ----then every day of the week would be dependent on
those moon sighting----NOPE!!! The matter is actually kicked around in the Talmud---
long before Jesus was born. Remember READ YOUR TALMUD-----it's used to be right next to the koran on my book shelf but I had to hide the koran-----hubby would probably DEFILE IT

well, those enamoured by the desert documents as yourself might leave you with few and far between to argue with ...

try the atheists, at least corruption will not be an issue you might find refreshing.
Atheists and the likes of you believe in the flavor of the day. Atheist aren’t grounded in right and good. If the majority want evil and wrong to become good and right, they will. Same with your spirituality nonsense. You have no finite base to build a society with. I believe in and on God. You believe in anything.

Atheists and the likes of you believe in the flavor of the day. Atheist aren’t grounded in right and good. If the majority want evil and wrong to become good and right, they will. Same with your spirituality nonsense. You have no finite base to build a society with. I believe in and on God. You believe in anything.
oh gee----from the wisdom of moroni

oh gee----from the wisdom of moroni
It’s very true. Ask Mao, Hitler and Stalin. Many others who had no belief in or on God changed bad into good. It’s happening today as well. You people can’t define even what a woman is. And that now has non-believers mutilating children. I’m sure you and Breeze think that’s good.

It’s very true. Ask Mao, Hitler and Stalin. Many others who had no belief in or on God changed bad into good. It’s happening today as well. You people can’t define even what a woman is. And that now has non-believers mutilating children. I’m sure you and Breeze think that’s good.
oh---moroni has granted you the power to read minds

Surely not everyone has Saturdays off from work. Or, they absolutely must refrain from rest for any number of reasons. any practitioners (or simply those in the know) have a recourse plan if you fail to properly rest during Shabbat? Maybe fast, ask for forgiveness etc. Thank you for your time.

Two young white bullocks

The sabbath was never determined by the lunar cycle. Month in Hebrew is chodesh (related to the word "new" because of the new moon) and Yerach (which also means "moon". The word for week is Shavu'a, related to sheva, seven. The word for day is Yom which refers to the daylight period (check the earlier Syriac) as opposed to the dark period. The day is the cycle of light and dark as fixed by the cycle of the sun. The word mo'ed (which your article references) relates to seasons and holidays (which are mostly lunar with a little solar mixed in), not the sabbath cycle.

In ancient Jewish life, the day did not change -- it was always the seventh day as counted from the previous sabbath. The references to the day of the month in the bible were for holidays, not for the sabbath.

The Sabbath and Holy Days were lunar calendaring. So yes. By the way, did the ancient Israelites call the days by names or by numbers?
By numbers, and we still do. IIRC in the Georgian language, the same counting is used to refer to days of the week.

I don’t know much about jelly beans.
there are lines in the NT suggesting that jews (specifically Pharisees) wanted to EXECUTE
Jesus for picking some wheat berries on Saturday. In fact, doing so is not and never
was a basis for execution. Sunday school teachings seem to maintain that the
Pharisees were mindless legalist nuts

there are lines in the NT suggesting that jews (specifically Pharisees) wanted to EXECUTE
Jesus for picking some wheat berries on Saturday. In fact, doing so is not and never
was a basis for execution. Sunday school teachings seem to maintain that the
Pharisees were mindless legalist nuts
There was nothing Jesus did that warranted execution. The Romans considered him a threat.

There was nothing Jesus did that warranted execution. The Romans considered him a threat.
unfortunately---the writers of the NT----seem to have a strong desire to justify
Constantine's hatred of Jews-----Afterall---it was Constantine who was paying
their salaries. IMVO (in my vaunted opinion) the lines in the NT that describe
"THE JOOOOS" as engaging in a cheering squad at Golgoltha yelling
"CRUCIFY HIM, CRUCIFY HIM" very seriously compromise the whole book

The sabbath was never determined by the lunar cycle. Month in Hebrew is chodesh (related to the word "new" because of the new moon) and Yerach (which also means "moon". The word for week is Shavu'a, related to sheva, seven. The word for day is Yom which refers to the daylight period (check the earlier Syriac) as opposed to the dark period. The day is the cycle of light and dark as fixed by the cycle of the sun. The word mo'ed (which your article references) relates to seasons and holidays (which are mostly lunar with a little solar mixed in), not the sabbath cycle.

In ancient Jewish life, the day did not change -- it was always the seventh day as counted from the previous sabbath. The references to the day of the month in the bible were for holidays, not for the sabbath.
You are wrong. Any scholar knows this

Forum List

Back