🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 If a follower of Judaism simply cannot keep Shabbat, is there a way to make amends?

If it did then then you would know that ancient Israel used lunar-solar calendaring. To continue to ignore the history is really ignorance at its core.
you made no point-----the day of the week was NOT determined by the phases of
the moon----BACK IN THE DAY----the months were but not the day of the week
Of course it used lunar solar calendaring -- I have already said this. You have lost track of what you are even arguing. You should try and pay more attention. Linguistically, textually and historically the solar adjusted lunar calendar included elements such as the solar week, the lunar month and the solar seasons.
THANKS ----I needed that phrase, to wit, "SOLAR ADJUSTED LUNAR CALENDAR"

Of course it used lunar solar calendaring -- I have already said this. You have lost track of what you are even arguing. You should try and pay more attention. Linguistically, textually and historically the solar adjusted lunar calendar included elements such as the solar week, the lunar month and the solar seasons.
Nope, that's not what happened until 400 AD. Israel kept a lunar week as well because it falls in the lunar month. Each week is still 7 days even if the week starts on what would be Tuesday. When you align it with a solar month-week, the 1st and last days change. So, as long as it is 7 days, the 7th is the Sabbath whether it's Saturday or Sunday. So, if you have to work on Saturday, then convert to Christianity and worship on Sunday. I can help with that :popcorn:

you made no point-----the day of the week was NOT determined by the phases of
the moon----BACK IN THE DAY----the months were but not the day of the week

THANKS ----I needed that phrase, to wit, "SOLAR ADJUSTED LUNAR CALENDAR"
Weeks are part of each month. Now you stand corrected.

Weeks are part of each month. Now you stand corrected.
your reply is beyond idiotic. In the Jewish calendar the weeks are not determined based
on the month----nor are they so determined in the Gregorian calendar---are you
intoxicated? Did moroni hit you on your head?

your reply is beyond idiotic. In the Jewish calendar the weeks are not determined based
on the month----nor are they so determined in the Gregorian calendar---are you
intoxicated? Did moroni hit you on your head?
You'll have to strengthen your IQ above 80 before you could start grasping this whole thing. Go back to your dolls and play with them some more.

You'll have to strengthen your IQ above 80 before you could start grasping this whole thing. Go back to your dolls and play with them some more.
My IQ is well above 130. I have no dolls----I did not like playing with dolls as a child so
my mom gave the ones gifted to me away.
what is today's date on the moroni calendar?

My IQ is well above 130. I have no dolls----I did not like playing with dolls as a child so
my mom gave the ones gifted to me away.

what is today's date on the moroni calendar?
:laughing0301: 130!
Oh, that’s your problem. Angry at Christians for our views on Trans. You should have played with dolls.

:laughing0301: 130!
Oh, that’s your problem. Angry at Christians for our views on Trans. You should have played with dolls.
I am intrigued----"angry at christians for ""out views"" on Trans" ----anyone out there
in cyberspace have any idea what the idiot who cannot grasp the idea of a seven day
week has in mind re: "TRANS"?

I am intrigued----"angry at christians for ""out views"" on Trans" ----anyone out there
in cyberspace have any idea what the idiot who cannot grasp the idea of a seven day
week has in mind re: "TRANS"?
So, let’s say they named the days like we do today in America. The days stay the same because of the solar calendar as they did in ancient Israel. The first year lines up with the first day on Sunday and the 7th day on Saturday for all you Jews out there. The days and weeks are locked in. But the Sabbath is lunar and thus the next year the 7th day Sabbath will be on a different day say Wednesday. Thus, the 1st day will be on the preceding Thursday. That’s what is meant by lunar-solar calendar. So, for Jews who had the sabbath on different days of the week, you should be tolerant of those who can’t make the sabbath holy all the time less you are hypocrites.

So, let’s say they named the days like we do today in America. The days stay the same because of the solar calendar as they did in ancient Israel. The first year lines up with the first day on Sunday and the 7th day on Saturday for all you Jews out there. The days and weeks are locked in. But the Sabbath is lunar and thus the next year the 7th day Sabbath will be on a different day say Wednesday. Thus, the 1st day will be on the preceding Thursday. That’s what is meant by lunar-solar calendar. So, for Jews who had the sabbath on different days of the week, you should be tolerant of those who can’t make the sabbath holy all the time less you are hypocrites.
entirely wrong----the week was a SEVEN DAY cycle even back then---it was only the MONTH that was lunar. The sabbath was NEVER on a different day of the week----HOWEVER holidays DID come out on different days of the YEAR because they were locked into months----all of this stuff is already under discussion in the Talmud ---like more than 2500 years ago---MORONI FORGOT

Nope, that's not what happened until 400 AD. Israel kept a lunar week as well because it falls in the lunar month. Each week is still 7 days even if the week starts on what would be Tuesday. When you align it with a solar month-week, the 1st and last days change. So, as long as it is 7 days, the 7th is the Sabbath whether it's Saturday or Sunday. So, if you have to work on Saturday, then convert to Christianity and worship on Sunday. I can help with that :popcorn:
No, there was no "lunar week" -- the week was determined by the cycle of the sun. From the first part of Genesis, the day is shown to depend on the evening and morning cycle. The first week described is made up of those days, also solar cycle based. There is no evidence that there was a "lunar week." It is an invention and a silly one.

I have no need for Christianity.

No, there was no "lunar week" -- the week was determined by the cycle of the sun. From the first part of Genesis, the day is shown to depend on the evening and morning cycle. The first week described is made up of those days, also solar cycle based. There is no evidence that there was a "lunar week." It is an invention and a silly one.

the lunar week is a machination of the great and all-knowing MORONI

entirely wrong----the week was a SEVEN DAY cycle even back then---it was only the MONTH that was lunar. The sabbath was NEVER on a different day of the week----HOWEVER holidays DID come out on different days of the YEAR because they were locked into months----all of this stuff is already under discussion in the Talmud ---like more than 2500 years ago---MORONI FORGOT
No it was not. Historically you are inaccurate. You have been duped by your teachers. The Talmud is just politically motivated scholars like we have today that twist history to fit their agendas. Just like the 1619 project as an example. And, what is it about Moroni that intrigues you so much?

But you do have the need for Christ’s atonement for eternal Exaltation

But you do have the need for Christ’s atonement for eternal Exaltation
Now look. You abandoned Judaism. Now go on your way as a Christian, but stop scolding loyal Jews that they will go to hell if they don’t do what you do.

Now look. You abandoned Judaism. Now go on your way as a Christian, but stop scolding loyal Jews that they will go to hell if they don’t do what you do.
He can't help it----it's part of the religion which galvanized massive genocides over
the past 1500 years

It has often occurred to me that those who come to a discussion forum to tell others what to believe rather than to discuss their perspectives and reasons for their own beliefs have grave doubts about their own religious faith. "This is what I believe and the hows and whys...how and why do you do what you believe?" makes for a much better discussion.

Forum List

Back