If Christians are allowed to discriminate against gays ...

Should gays be allowed to discriminate against Christians?

• Seems fair to me.

• No, only religious people should be protected.

Results are only viewable after voting.
No one has forced the baker to be a baker or bake wedding cakes. He chose to do that, in a state with PA laws and then he chose to discriminate against customers based on their lifestyle.
To force anyone to serve a customer they do not want to serve is un American...when did we decide that the government can tell a private business owner who he must serve? We used to have signs that said we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone....now that is Freedom from tyranny....

Involuntary Servitude Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

"Involuntary servitude refers to being forced through coercion to work for another."

How can government forcing a business owner to serve people against his will be anything other than involuntary servitude?
No one has forced the baker to be a baker or bake wedding cakes. He chose to do that, in a state with PA laws and then he chose to discriminate against customers based on their lifestyle.
no he didn't. try again. He didn't wish to partake in their wedding due to his religious beliefs. COTUS just told the state they couldn't force him.

How is that not coercion to serve someone against his will? If he does not comply, there will be negative, government forced consequences. It is complete coercion to involuntarily serve another.

No one forced the gay dudes to buy a wedding cake. This guy CERTAINLY had no monopoly on the local wedding cake industry. Nor is wedding cake consumption a NECESSARY service, like utilities.

The "no one forced him to have a job" claim is complete bullshit.

Let's apply that one to EVERYTHING ELSE, shall we? What individual rights can we fuck over with that standard? This should be fun.

The free market only works to this effect in areas with a lot of accommodations. "Targeted"? "Premeditated"? This couple probably just looked on the internet for a good bakery or had someone recommend this bakery. I checked this bakery's website a while back and there was nothing in it that would discourage a shopper from patronizing it; quite the contrary. At least this buffoon lost 40% of his business, so I guess at least the "free market" worked this time, although your claim that it was designed to deal with discrimination is ridiculous. It certainly didn't work that way before anti-discrimination laws were passed.
You KNOW that is not true. This was a political attack. Otherwise, they would have just found someone else.

And, yes. He did what is financially to his detriment. Thus, the free market kicked his ass for his religious position. It worked as it should.

The free market gives the individual the choice on where to spend their dollars. Those who do not offer services because of religious beliefs lose market share. Those who openly refuse to provide services to certain people lose market share from not only those certain people, but others who find that refusal to be repugnant and take their business elsewhere.

"Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." — Milton Friedman

All they did was file a routine discrimination report. It wasn't a "political attack." They probably did find a cake. Are you suggesting that people who are refused service should just shut up and slink off? That's ridiculous! I monitored state and federal court decisions on employment discrimination as part of my job for decades, so I'm familiar with the discrimination-reporting systems of just about every state. Like I say, routine complaint.

If I think being a christian violates my deepest religious beliefs should I be forced to do business with christians?

Using the law or destroying a person's life because of his thoughts when he has not actually physically harmed or damaged ANYONE tells me that these people are getting out of control with their demands. You are just as bad if not worse for targeting a person because of his religious beliefs and trying to destroy his life over it.
No one is destroying anyone’s life it is just a simple lawsuit, happens everyday, but just wait until the cops come to your house to do a so called legal breaking and entering action to terrorize and kill you over smoking weed. Yeah you think only leftist do it you are myopic to you sides totalanism.

I don't smoke weed. A "simple lawsuit" can easily destroy a person's financial well being.

Oh, and the Grammar Nazi who doesn't know his grammar speaks. Lol.
In what tone of voice?

To force anyone to serve a customer they do not want to serve is un American...when did we decide that the government can tell a private business owner who he must serve? We used to have signs that said we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone....now that is Freedom from tyranny....
Freedom in this country also requires embracing the fact that all people are created equal. We have been forced, kicking and screaming, to stop refusing housing or jobs to blacks. We have been forced, kicking and screaming, to allow women to serve in the military. We will not do it willingly, so government must step in to enforce it. Freedom from tyranny may sound pretty good--pretty damned romantic, even--but your vision of it, where people are allowed to refuse treating fellow Americans as equals, is not so pretty as it sounds.

Using the law or destroying a person's life because of his thoughts when he has not actually physically harmed or damaged ANYONE tells me that these people are getting out of control with their demands. You are just as bad if not worse for targeting a person because of his religious beliefs and trying to destroy his life over it.
No one is destroying anyone’s life it is just a simple lawsuit, happens everyday, but just wait until the cops come to your house to do a so called legal breaking and entering action to terrorize and kill you over smoking weed. Yeah you think only leftist do it you are myopic to your side’s totalanism.

Maybe you need to cut down on smoking the dope, dopey?
As soon as you stop looking in the mirror to see how beautiful you are.

Involuntary Servitude Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

"Involuntary servitude refers to being forced through coercion to work for another."

How can government forcing a business owner to serve people against his will be anything other than involuntary servitude?
no he didn't. try again. He didn't wish to partake in their wedding due to his religious beliefs. COTUS just told the state they couldn't force him.
He refused to serve them due to their lifestyle.

Funny how you Leftards ignore Muslims and their penitent for shooting up homosexual bars.

The leftards gave the jihadi a pass on the Orlando gay joint shooting- they blamed the the NRA- even though Mr. Mateen wasn't a member and in fact the perp's father was a huge Dawg supporter.

Gave him a pass?
Within 3 hours the MSM was giving its usual defense of this is not real Islam and went after the NRA.

All they did was file a routine discrimination report. It wasn't a "political attack." They probably did find a cake. Are you suggesting that people who are refused service should just shut up and slink off? That's ridiculous! I monitored state and federal court decisions on employment discrimination as part of my job for decades, so I'm familiar with the discrimination-reporting systems of just about every state. Like I say, routine complaint.
Even if it wasn't, the point remains. Government was used to coerce one individual to involuntarily serve another.

Is that not a correct statement of the situation?

Freedom in this country also requires embracing the fact that all people are created equal.
Of course but not demanded by the government....that is called tyranny....we have a right to be a bigot and we have a right to run and operate our business hey way we want to....

How is that not coercion to serve someone against his will? If he does not comply, there will be negative, government forced consequences. It is complete coercion to involuntarily serve another.

No one forced the gay dudes to buy a wedding cake. This guy CERTAINLY had no monopoly on the local wedding cake industry. Nor is wedding cake consumption a NECESSARY service, like utilities.

The "no one forced him to have a job" claim is complete bullshit.

Let's apply that one to EVERYTHING ELSE, shall we? What individual rights can we fuck over with that standard? This should be fun.
What individual rights can we fuck over with the standard (lack of standard, actually) that we are allowed to be bigoted asswipes to one another? A decision on this can open the gates to putting that sign back in the window that "We refuse to serve ...." and I don't think that is what America is about. We are supposed to be about individual freedom to be EQUAL and treated FAIRLY, no matter who we are or what we look like.

Forum List

Back