If Congress Dosen't Cooperate On The Wall

Maybe the president should just unleash ICE and Border Patrol to enforce immigration laws on 100% of the people here illegally. That would include voiding DAPA and shipping out every illegal when they are identified, the so called good and the bad.

There are many issues when it comes to immigration that are near and dear to the regressives, so you best remember, cooperation is a two way street.

Chew on that possibility for a while.

Discuss.
Mexico is paying for the wall, believe me.

I thought immigration was way down?

We pay off our debt?
And when a Democrat or a Neo-Con eventually becomes President they will flood right back in.
With a wall they will have to be in really good shape.

Really, I found this schematic on the dark web and it looks a lot like a ladder. Not really needed to be in great shape.

11 million out of 320+ million, wouldn't even be a hick up.

Tell that to all the stores they buy from. Tell that to all the landlords who no longer collect rent. You are talking about millions of people, don't be so silly.

Eisenhower's operation wetback shipped out about 3 million back in the 50's, we survived that, we can do it again and be better off for it.

You seem to greatly exaggerate the number:
Our ruling

Trump said President Eisenhower "moved 1.5 million illegal immigrants out of this country."

Trump is referring to a 1954 campaign known as "Operation Wetback." While the idea that the operation resulted in more than 1 million deportations is not pulled out of thin air, historians widely cite that number as far too high for a variety of reasons -- including the fact that hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants would have had to self-deport.

Also, it wasn’t just a deportation program. The campaign accompanied more legal immigration opportunities.

We rate Trump’s claim Half True.

Trump: Eisenhower deported 1.5 million immigrants

Now how did we benefit?
I presume you don't know many carpenters, electricians, plumbers, etc...
Basically, people in construction who lost their homes and families under GW.
I know many.

Your personal experience means very little in a country of over 300 million. You have any real stats?
You're joking.
There are over 4 million foreclosures going on.
Get out of the house once in a while.
It's hard to believe that you didn't notice the change in personnel building houses before and during GW.
Ah! Liberals!

Rent goes down, overcrowded schools eased, medicade not required so much, anyone who give credit to an illegal deserves to lose their shirt. Walmart is too crowded now and Mexico has dual citizenship, the children of Mexican illegals are also Mexican citizens. Only about half of illegals are Mexican, others are from virtually every country in the world. And the US saves 100 billion a year, it's a win win.

Losing millions of consumers would slow the economy, period!

11 million out of 320+ million, wouldn't even be a hick up.

Tell that to all the stores they buy from. Tell that to all the landlords who no longer collect rent. You are talking about millions of people, don't be so silly.

Eisenhower's operation wetback shipped out about 3 million back in the 50's, we survived that, we can do it again and be better off for it.

Our ruling

Trump said President Eisenhower "moved 1.5 million illegal immigrants out of this country."

Trump is referring to a 1954 campaign known as "Operation Wetback." While the idea that the operation resulted in more than 1 million deportations is not pulled out of thin air, historians widely cite that number as far too high for a variety of reasons -- including the fact that hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants would have had to self-deport.

Also, it wasn’t just a deportation program. The campaign accompanied more legal immigration opportunities.

Now how did we benefit?

Many are self deporting today, many going to Canada, their PM decided to close the door after putting out the welcome mat.

Who was doing it before? We have lots of people looking for work.

Unemployment is very low.

We still have a lot out of the labor force that are able bodied and can work. Time to tell them to get off their ass.

Who are you referencing? My wife doesn't work because she doesn't have to. Same can be said for many.

The same applies with many on welfare. It's time to change that.

Liberals, in the end, are Humanists that seem not to care about their fellow citizens.
It's amazing the internationalization they will go through to rationalize the destruction of American livelihoods.

Immigrants Aren’t Taking Americans’ Jobs, New Study Finds

Just like health care, the GOP will make sure Trump changes none of the DNC policies, including not funding a wall, for they are basically the same party.

If he unleashed ICE, Progs would just unleash their judges on him again.

It is amazing how much power Obama had. He ruled by EO that even defied current laws and nothing was done to stop him.

However, Trump seems to have no power even though he has the same job

The system truly is rigged.

Change the system....

Change the rigged system?

All righty then. Why did I not think of that?

Progs will have there way with the wall, just like health care as they cave to a single payer system.

It's all too predictable now. Voters are powerless.

I don't accept that.

Well then, just sit back and watch

Our ruling

Now how did we benefit?
I know many.

Your personal experience means very little in a country of over 300 million. You have any real stats?
You're joking.
It's hard to believe that you didn't notice the change in personnel building houses before and during GW.
Ah! Liberals!

So you don't have any stats? Not a liberal.

Our ruling

Now how did we benefit?
I know many.

You're joking.
Ah! Liberals!
Is cato liberals?

The overriding impact of immigrants is to strengthen and enrich American culture, increase the total output of the economy, and raise the standard of living of American citizens. Immigrants are advantageous to the United States for several reasons: (1) Since they are willing to take a chance in a new land, they are self-selected on the basis on motivation, risk taking, work ethic, and other attributes beneficial to a nation. (2) They tend to come to the United States during their prime working years (the average age is 28), and they contribute to the workforce and make huge net contributions to old-age entitlement programs, primarily Social Security. (3) Immigrants tend to fill niches in the labor market where demand is highest relative to supply, complementing rather than directly competing with American workers. (4) Many immigrants arrive with extremely high skill levels, and virtually all, regardless of skill level, bring a strong desire to work. (5) Their children tend to reach high levels of achievement in American schools and in society at large.

Immigration

the only reason this is even an issue is Trump said a thousand times on the trail,

''Who's going to pay for the wall on the southern border? MEXICO!...they all shouted'' then he confirmed, Mexico, that's right. Congress and republicans holding office never ever agreed to spend a trillion dollars for it all...

can there be a compromise and texas pay for putting up its own wall? Same with the other border states?

And the federal gvt would then pay for staffing, maintaining, and controlling it until the end of time?

How many times have you and your ilk stated border security is a federal function? TX is spending a ton on aiding the border patrol, have been for years.

it is a federal function, and if cities and towns do not want to hold an illegal in their jails past the date of when the feds are suppose to pick them up, they should not have to at their expense....

but since it is Texans that want their state to have a wall, there is NOTHING stopping them from building one, is there?

is there some law preventing them from building a wall in their own state?

We still have a lot out of the labor force that are able bodied and can work. Time to tell them to get off their ass.

Who are you referencing? My wife doesn't work because she doesn't have to. Same can be said for many.

Liberals, in the end, are Humanists that seem not to care about their fellow citizens.
It's amazing the internationalization they will go through to rationalize the destruction of American livelihoods.

Immigrants or trespassers?
Your refusal to answer this simple question demarcates you as a Liberal aka Humanist.

Our ruling

Now how did we benefit?
I know many.

You're joking.
Ah! Liberals!
Is cato liberals?

The overriding impact of immigrants is to strengthen and enrich American culture, increase the total output of the economy, and raise the standard of living of American citizens. Immigrants are advantageous to the United States for several reasons: (1) Since they are willing to take a chance in a new land, they are self-selected on the basis on motivation, risk taking, work ethic, and other attributes beneficial to a nation. (2) They tend to come to the United States during their prime working years (the average age is 28), and they contribute to the workforce and make huge net contributions to old-age entitlement programs, primarily Social Security. (3) Immigrants tend to fill niches in the labor market where demand is highest relative to supply, complementing rather than directly competing with American workers. (4) Many immigrants arrive with extremely high skill levels, and virtually all, regardless of skill level, bring a strong desire to work. (5) Their children tend to reach high levels of achievement in American schools and in society at large.

Immigration
CATO is an avid advocate of cheap labor, Supply Side Economics.
The same type of scumbag as the Heritage Foundation.
They are an embarrassment to America.

Who was doing it before? We have lots of people looking for work.

Apples?

:wtf::dunno:

Your refusal to answer this simple question demarcates you as a Liberal aka Humanist.

Again they live here and have jobs. Seems somebody is welcoming them in. Does that make them trespassers?

Our ruling

Now how did we benefit?
I know many.

You're joking.
Ah! Liberals!
Is cato liberals?

Immigration

Not liberals.

You have any economists that share your theories? I follow economics.

Again they live here and have jobs. Seems somebody is welcoming them in. Does that make them trespassers?
If I can get someone to work 24/7, allow me to yell at them and accept $5.00?
You're a humanist who seems not to care about how shitty these trespassers are treated.
And the fact is that the 2nd generation is not any better off than the 1st generation.

I know many.

You're joking.
Ah! Liberals!
Is cato liberals?

Immigration

Not liberals.

You do realize who pays economists?
An economist says the wrong thing and they're living in the poor house.

There are many issues when it comes to immigration that are near and dear to the regressives, so you best remember, cooperation is a two way street.
Except for the democrats. They ram shit through and refuse to cooperate when they are in power. It's a one way street to them.
:lol:

Republican cowardice and one-sided compromise is the reason I believe 2018 is likely to be a bloodbath within the GOP. I think McConnell is all but done.

If I can get someone to work 24/7, allow me to yell at them and accept $5.00?
You're a humanist who seems not to care about how shitty these trespassers are treated.
And the fact is that the 2nd generation is not any better off than the 1st generation.

No clue what a humanist is. You don't seem to work with any real facts however.

Just like health care, the GOP will make sure Trump changes none of the DNC policies, including not funding a wall, for they are basically the same party.

If he unleashed ICE, Progs would just unleash their judges on him again.

It is amazing how much power Obama had. He ruled by EO that even defied current laws and nothing was done to stop him.

However, Trump seems to have no power even though he has the same job

The system truly is rigged.

Change the system....

Change the rigged system?

All righty then. Why did I not think of that?

Progs will have there way with the wall, just like health care as they cave to a single payer system.

It's all too predictable now. Voters are powerless.

I don't accept that.

Well then, just sit back and watch

That's the problem, too many people are doing just that. It's time to get on the phone and fax and put heat on congresscritters.

The Wall is a stupid idea...

Only simpletons believe that that is a sustainable solution...

I totally agree, that an invasion wave of 11-12,000,000 Illegal Aliens must be sent packing, and that future waves must be discouraged to the point they don't even try...

The Wall is not the way to accomplish either of those...

"The wall" is a permanent structure that will stand the test of time.
Bullying Shithole Cities (Sanctuary Cities) into conformity is temporary. What happens, God forbid if we end up with another Hussein who encourages all shitholes to declare sanctuary for illegals? With no wall the incentivized cockroaches flood in again...no?
No, the wall will not prevent everyone from getting here but it is an aggressive deterrent.

You're joking.
Ah! Liberals!
Is cato liberals?

Immigration

Not liberals.

You do realize who pays economists?
An economist says the wrong thing and they're living in the poor house.
Sounds like another big no. So you don't have stats or facts and no economists support what you are saying. Quite the argument you have.

Forum List

Back