If Democrats block the repeal of Obamacare, there will be hell to pay

O-Care isn't the problem, it's the actual COST of heath care after letting Big Health and Pharma be unregulated forever...only ACA can fix it over time, or something like it.

During that time frame the GOP congress were not honest brokers!!!!! The GOP were using delaying tactics endless filibusters, sabotages and obstructions versus allowing ACA to come to a vote. So Obama said SCREW you Knuckle Dragging Neanderthal Republicans and passed the ACA without GOP participation.

Thank God we had nothing to do with the disaster that is barrycare.

The problem is that Trump's plan doesn't get rid of the mandate. It's just changes the wording, framing it as deduction. So dimwitted people can tell themselves it's reward for buying insurance rather than a penalty for not.

I'm going to see what he actually does.
I know he wants to open up competition across state lines and that can only help.

Depending on how it's done, that could be a good thing. In my view, the actual purpose of the commerce clause is this kind of thing - to prevent the states from running regulatory regimes that stifle trade.

But I have zero confidence that, with Trump, it will be anything other than a feeding trough for Congress via lobbyists.

Trump has spoken out against lobbyist several times.
I'm going to withhold judgement until we see what he's going to do.
If he fucks it up i'll be the first to cry bullshit.
Have you not seen Trumps cabinet selection thus far??? Its a Who's-Who wall street-bankruptcy experts who made billions while nearly destroying the U.S. ECONOMY in 2007-2008!!!! That's Right the Crooks Are Back!!!!

Trump's plan also keeps the ban on denying policies based on pre-existing conditions, which is idiotic.

While financially it's a tough problem but ya just cant let people die.

That has nothing to do with it. It's just irrational. Insurance doesn't work like that. You can't get fire insurance after your house burns down, or car insurance after you've had an accident.

But, conditioned by decades of employer-provided 'group' insurance, we've lost track of what insurance really is. We've come to think of it as a club one joins to get discounts on health care.

O-Care isn't the problem, it's the actual COST of heath care after letting Big Health and Pharma be unregulated forever...only ACA can fix it over time, or something like it.

Some regulation by the government is fine but we dont need the government running things.
You don't see it because you have tainted conservative genes and DNA which do not allow your lame ass to understand. Such is the curse of conservatism!!! Breathing the infected air will living in the state of TEX-ASS doesn't help and further exasperates your conservative DNA.

ACA, or something like it, is an initiative by the insurance industry to preserve the status quo - to squeeze every last dime out of a failed scheme that has perverted the health care market to the breaking point. The only way to fix that is to deny them the cover of getting in bed with government. Make them survive, or fail, based on the merits of their 'product'. not their lobbying clout.

ACA, or something like it, is an initiative by the insurance industry to preserve the status quo - to squeeze every last dime out of a failed scheme that has perverted the health care market to the breaking point. The only way to fix that is to deny them the cover of getting in bed with government. Make them survive, or fail, based on the merits of their 'product'. not their lobbying clout.
BS, ACA is already squeezing the insurers, by regulation and competition . If only mindless and bought off GOP would get out of the way...

Some regulation by the government is fine but we dont need the government running things.
You don't see it because you have tainted conservative genes and DNA which do not allow your lame ass to understand. Such is the curse of conservatism!!! Breathing the infected air will living in the state of TEX-ASS doesn't help and further exasperates your conservative DNA.
And just when he was making some sense....

All they did was set up the competition thru exchanges. Ooops, ok, we do need gov't running things. Insurers, doctors, and hospitals gave us 18% of GDP costs, while other modern countries are 8-12%. And better.

Thank God we had nothing to do with the disaster that is barrycare.

The problem is that Trump's plan doesn't get rid of the mandate. It's just changes the wording, framing it as deduction. So dimwitted people can tell themselves it's reward for buying insurance rather than a penalty for not.

I'm going to see what he actually does.
I know he wants to open up competition across state lines and that can only help.

Depending on how it's done, that could be a good thing. In my view, the actual purpose of the commerce clause is this kind of thing - to prevent the states from running regulatory regimes that stifle trade.

But I have zero confidence that, with Trump, it will be anything other than a feeding trough for Congress via lobbyists.

Trump has spoken out against lobbyist several times.
I'm going to withhold judgement until we see what he's going to do.
If he fucks it up i'll be the first to cry bullshit.
Have you not seen Trumps cabinet selection thus far??? Its a Who's-Who wall street-bankruptcy experts who made billions while nearly destroying the U.S. ECONOMY in 2007-2008!!!! That's Right the Crooks Are Back!!!!

All under Trumps control....

Well that was a whole lot of typing that said nothing...

And just when he was making some sense....

I'm objective,unlike progressives.

All they did was set up the competition thru exchanges. Ooops, ok, we do need gov't running things. Insurers, doctors, and hospitals gave us 18% of GDP costs, while other modern countries are 8-12%. And better.

And yet those exchanges are dropping like flies....

And yet those exchanges are dropping like flies....
Not as much as you think. Even single insurers have several plans at each level. If the GOP would stop encouraging them to wait for THEIR non-plan...

You're not getting universal, single payer healthcare.

Why not?

Forum List

Back