If Ebola is so contagious why

Have so few people in Dallas come down with it?

I wonder why they dress in those suits. Has it been 21 days? You are a fucking moron.

RAVI SAID:
If Ebola is so contagious why

Sneezed Germs Travel HOW Far - weather.com

Sneezes emit a disgusting gas cloud full of germs that linger in the air and spread throughout a much greater area than previously realized, according to a study from MIT.

If you ignored the presence of the gas cloud, your first guess would be that larger drops go farther than the smaller ones, and travel at most a couple of meters,” said John Bush, a professor of applied mathematics at MIT, in a press release. “We have shown that there’s a circulation within the cloud — the smaller drops can be swept around and re-suspended … Basically, small drops can be carried a great distance by this gas cloud while the larger drops fall out.”

MIT sneeze study New research shows sneezes can travel up to 200 feet.
Researchers found that some of the smallest droplets — as small as 10 millionths of a meter in diameter — can travel 200 times farther than previously estimated.

Dude, cover your mouth! Based on new research from MIT, we know now that when you sneeze, it can travel as far as 200 feet–all thanks to a previously undetected gas bubble known as a "multiphase turbulent buoyant bubble." Gross.

Gross Coughs and sneezes form traveling disease clouds - CBS News

Your cough or sneeze infected with a cold or flu travels much farther than scientists previously thought -- potentially spreading disease-causing pathogens in a wide spray.

A new study from MIT scientists warns coughs and sneezes breed gas clouds that travel between five and 200 times beyond the individual droplets that were thought to fall in groups.

"When you cough or sneeze, you see the droplets, or feel them if someone sneezes on you," explained John Bush, a professor of applied mathematics at MIT, in statement. "But you don't see the cloud, the invisible gas phase."
i wonder now if these stupid liberidiots understand now how far a cough or sneeze can travel, spread and linger in and enclosed area/room ?

we need a cure for stupidliberism, it seems contagious in some of the low information folks..., this thread proves that point. :up:

Do you realize that you are supporting her assumptions?

It's really quite simple. Ebola is only contagious after symptoms show up, and even then it's not as contagious until the disease is well under way. That is why only the nurses who took care of the patient on his deathbed got sick and those who lives with him at home did not.

It makes sense if you step back and examine the facts.
He was sick enough that he was vomiting and had to be transported by ambulance.

And yet his family and the EMTs who transported him don't have it. The facts fit what we know about the virus and it's transmission.
Hoe so? Are you claiming his family wasn't exposed to vomit, feces, etc? I find that far fetched.

You misunderstand me. I'm saying that the reason his family wasn't infected is because in the early stages of the disease, Ebola is not that contagious. Just as the CDC says. The facts fit that.
He had full blown Ebola for a couple of days at home.

Exactly, and yet they aren't infected. It provides the answer to your question in you OP:

"If Ebola is so contagious, why haven't there been more people in Dallas infected?"

And the answer is that it isn't as infectious, initially, as people think.

I am trying to figure out why if ALL hospitals are equipped, then what is the purpose of transferring the patients?

I am done with this debate.

Ebola is here, and it will continue to flood into the country. There are IV shortages, and unlike what we are told, ALL hospitals are not adequately equipped, hence the reason the patients are transferred to hospitals that are. If they all are equipped, then naturally there would be no necessity for a transfer.

All of which are transferred in specially made vehicles with people covered with special suits from head to toe, and then those suits are taken off with strict protocol procedures.

I mean that is because this Ebola is really not as contagious as some of us are saying it might be.

Woooo weeee.
The transferred the nurses to save them from bad medical practices in Dallas.

No. They transferred them because only those four are equipped to handle long term Ebola cases.

The only bad medical practices in Dallas were those two nurses. That is why they got infected when nobody else did.

Btw, hysterical owl, virus can mutate to become less deadly.
..or more deadly.
Yep, either or. Which is a good reason to treat people in Africa instead of leave them to their fate. The more people that get it the higher the chance for mutation and the higher chance it can become a global epidemic.

No one is proposing leaving them to their fate.

..or more deadly.
Yep, either or. Which is a good reason to treat people in Africa instead of leave them to their fate. The more people that get it the higher the chance for mutation and the higher chance it can become a global epidemic.

WHAT???
you're changing sides now?
That's what people have been saying all along!...Good for you ravi! seriously.

I am trying to figure out why if ALL hospitals are equipped, then what is the purpose of transferring the patients?

Ebola is here, and it will continue to flood into the country. There are IV shortages, and unlike what we are told, ALL hospitals are not adequately equipped, hence the reason the patients are transferred to hospitals that are. If they all are equipped, then naturally there would be no necessity for a transfer.

All of which are transferred in specially made vehicles with people covered with special suits from head to toe, and then those suits are taken off with strict protocol procedures.

I mean that is because this Ebola is really not as contagious as some of us are saying it might be.

Woooo weeee.

No. They transferred them because only those four are equipped to handle long term Ebola cases.

The only bad medical practices in Dallas were those two nurses. That is why they got infected when nobody else did.
That remains to be seen. Have they been interviewed yet?

..or more deadly.

WHAT???
Rational people don't have sides.

Woooo weeee.

No ravi..no one thought of that yet...give them a call and get them straightened out..
..or more deadly.

WHAT???
Rational people don't have sides.

That may be true...but what does it have to do with you?

If you still think that the government is lying about Ebola's contagiousness, if you still think that the CDC is lying, if you still think that I've been taken over by a left wing pod person, then answer Ravi's OP question:

Why aren't there more people in Dallas infected? Why aren't the people who flew on the plane with Duncan infected? Why aren't the people who sat in the waiting room of the ER with Duncan before he was turned loose infected? Why aren't his family infected? Why aren't the EMTs that picked him up the last time infected? Why aren't all 70+ nurses, doctors, and staff who took care of Duncan as he was dying of the disease infected?

Why just two nurses? Can anyone besides me and Ravi answer that?

If it's not contagious, then why are so many people in West Africa dying from it?

It is not easily transmitted.
There are millions of people living in West Africa in very close quarters, especially in their cities.
A little of over 4,000 deaths is small compared to the millions who live there.
Most of the deaths is due to them being poorer countries and not having adequate care givers and hospitals that can deal with the disease.

I'm sure the 4,000 dead would appreciate your trivialization of their deaths.

I have encountered ONE hysterical person. I do observe that many people are concerned about the political spin and incompetence coming out of the Obola Administration.
You must not be reading many of the threads on here.

About 36,000 people die of influenza in the US every year, 250,000 to 500,000 world wide. Go into hysterics about that.

Stats like that are completely irrelevant.

If it's not contagious, then why are so many people in West Africa dying from it?

There are millions of people living in West Africa in very close quarters, especially in their cities.
Most of the deaths is due to them being poorer countries and not having adequate care givers and hospitals that can deal with the disease.

I have encountered ONE hysterical person. I do observe that many people are concerned about the political spin and incompetence coming out of the Obola Administration.

About 36,000 people die of influenza in the US every year, 250,000 to 500,000 world wide. Go into hysterics about that.

Of course they are not.

Woooo weeee.

They have and they denied it of course. Speaking as a medical
Professional I have seen too many nurses and doctors get lazy with protocol. I won't pretend to be a saint either. It happens a lot. More than 70 people treated Duncan when he was in full blown hemorrhagic fever up until he died. Only two got infected. That is human error. If it had been equipment error all if them or at least more than two would have been infected.

What kind if nurse who knows wtf she's doing, would knowingly get on a plane when she has just treated an Ebola patient and now has a fever? I'll tell you, the same irresponsible nurse who would skimp on her isolation protocol.

Of course they are not.

They absolutely are. If you knew anything about the nature and spread of vantage pus diseases you would know that I'm right.

Last year you would have been more likely to die of malaria than Ebola in Sierra Leone and Liberia. That's how useless your statistics are.

Would you ride in a car/plane/bus with someone who has ebola?
Would you invite them into your house?
And, given the geometric progression by which such a virus can spread, even through a lower-order physical-contact transmission vector...

How many of us can say with certainty that we have not already done so?

Just ask that school district in Ohio...

Or those thousands of passengers on that Carnival cruise liner...

If each potential carrier comes into contact with even as few as two (2) others per day...

Many of you already know how quickly simple binary math (counting) gets out of hand in such calculations....

1 x 2 = 2 | x 2 = 4 | x 2 = 8 | x 2 = 16 | x 2 = 32 | x 2 = 64 | x 2 = 128 | x 2 = 256 | x 2 = 512 | x 2 = 1024 | x 2 = 2048 | x 2 = 4096 | x 2 = 8192 | x 2 = 16348 | x 2 = 32768 | x 2 = 65536 | x 2 = 131072 | etc... etc... etc... and that's only two additional contacts per potential carrier... and only for a single day.

The risk-factor computations get out of hand pretty damned fast, even in that sort of limited (2 people, 1 day) scenario, but, starting adding more contacts and multiple days to the computations, and the risk numbers start approaching the stratosphere.

That doesn't mean that we have to freak out and do the sky-is-falling thing.

But it does mean that we need to start using our common sense with respect to minimizing the number of incoming potential carriers, and acting on such common-sense concerns.

Would you ride in a car/plane/bus with someone who has ebola?
Would you invite them into your house?
And, given the geometric progression by which such a virus can spread, even through a lower-order physical-contact transmission vector...

How many of us can say with certainty that we have not already done so?

Just ask that school district in Ohio...

Or those thousands of passengers on that Carnival cruise liner...

If each potential carrier comes into contact with even as few as two (2) others per day...

Many of you already know how quickly simple binary math (counting) gets out of hand in such calculations....

1 x 2 = 2 | x 2 = 4 | x 2 = 8 | x 2 = 16 | x 2 = 32 | x 2 = 64 | x 2 = 128 | x 2 = 256 | x 2 = 512 | x 2 = 1024 | x 2 = 2048 | x 2 = 4096 | x 2 = 8192 | x 2 = 16348 | x 2 = 32768 | x 2 = 65536 | x 2 = 131072 | etc... etc... etc... and that's only two additional contacts per potential carrier... and only for a single day.

The risk-factor computations get out of hand pretty damned fast, even in that sort of limited (2 people, 1 day) scenario, but, starting adding more contacts and multiple days to the computations, and the risk numbers start approaching the stratosphere.

That doesn't mean that we have to freak out and do the sky-is-falling thing.

But it does mean that we need to start using our common sense with respect to minimizing the number of incoming potential carriers, and acting on such common-sense concerns.

Common sense yes, hysteria, no.

Forum List

Back