“If God does not exist, then all things are permitted.”

It's interesting how hard people fight to try and tear down Christianity.
Not surprising, as it has been prophesied - only adds to the validity of God's word.....

Who said anything about Christianity?

You made a thread about God. Most of the world does not worship a Christian God

Well since the Christian God is the same God as the Muslims and Jews, I would beg to differ with you on that claim.

Not surprising, as it has been prophesied - only adds to the validity of God's word.....

Well since the Christian God is the same God as the Muslims and Jews, I would beg to differ with you on that claim.

ahhh... like a breath of fresh air.. thank you for that quote from Psalms btw.... :)

You also use the name of God to represent Jesus, yet Jesus never claimed to be his Father in Heaven,

Oh yes He did. :lol: John 10:30 "I and the Father are one" seems pretty clear to me. He states it as well in several other places. I have heard this argument so many times on these boards and I just don't get it. Where do you guys come up with this stuff?
His statement meant that he and his Father are in equality..or consensus....
Third, Jesus referred to Himself as God’s Son and to God as His Father (John 10:36–37).

You also use the name of God to represent Jesus, yet Jesus never claimed to be his Father in Heaven,

Oh yes He did. :lol: John 10:30 "I and the Father are one" seems pretty clear to me. He states it as well in several other places. I have heard this argument so many times on these boards and I just don't get it. Where do you guys come up with this stuff?
Third, Jesus referred to Himself as God’s Son and to God as His Father (John 10:36–37).
Clearly this verse contradicts any claim by the religious blind that Christ ever claimed to be his Father in Heaven.....

... agree or disagree? .... and why?

When I was sixteen I remember thinking, if there is no God it does not matter what I do. So I shot some birds with an air rifle. Then one of them was wounded but not killed and it hid from me under a bush. I saw it looking at me and I realized it did matter. I had cruelly and pointlessly injured a harmless little bird and I felt bad.
It taught me that even if there is no God and no punishment for anything we do we should still have compassion.

As much as many would like to believe how they are in control of their own world, we have 0 control over everything or anything someone else does, or what happens .
The only thing that we have control over is how we react to a situation.

One human being can have enormous control over the things other people do... and what may happen as a result. It's called manipulation...​

As an addiction counselor and recovering addict ,one of the most common traits that someone in recovery has to find peace with is trying to control everything. We think we are controlling but really have 0 control, except for how we react to another.

Yes you are right addicts and controllers are masters in manipulation, looking back I had a aunt to got me to do things ( not bad things) with out me even realizing it.

For me when I get really upset about something, I look at the situation and usually I am trying to control it. So for peace I turn it over to God and find the serenity.

Because that's what I believe.
And the belittling is directed at me in this thread.

You tried to pick a fight and don't like how it came out

I have a God greater than man.
I'm good :)

Everyone else is also good
That is the problem with your OP

Me and God against everyone else on USMB?
I'm still good :)

You are no more good than anyone else on this board

Pretentious posts like your OP make you less good

Oh? Did I say that? I think not...

Then explain the purpose of your OP

Pretentious....those who do not believe in my God cannot be as moral?

Assuming there is no morality without the fear of God is ridiculous

I don't see atheists running wild in the streets

I used to run wild in the streets but am getting too old for that crap now. :lol:

Shitflinger, you are a good democrat, thus at war to end Christianity in this nation. But I have a question, what is the most widely followed religion?

Hint: it is NOT the Islam that your party so loves and promotes.

Doesn't really make any difference. People live their lives exactly the way they would if there was no such thing as religion. Look at Christian families who drive Escalades and live in gated communities. Then look at the scripture which defines the fate of rich people:

23And Jesus said to His disciples, "Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24"Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." 25When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, "Then who can be saved?"…

AND

Luke 16:19-31King James Version (KJV)

19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Doesn't really make any difference. People live their lives exactly the way they would if there was no such thing as religion. Look at Christian families who drive Escalades and live in gated communities. Then look at the scripture which defines the fate of rich people:

23And Jesus said to His disciples, "Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24"Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." 25When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, "Then who can be saved?"…

AND

Luke 16:19-31King James Version (KJV)

19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
Now imagine the simple fact that Jesus Christ did rise from the dead and still many were not persuaded even then. Many do not hear or listen --- to this very day!

Then explain the purpose of your OP

Pretentious....those who do not believe in my God cannot be as moral?
And arrogant.

No, He wasn't saying they were in consensus. "Ego kai ho pater hen esmen" Literally "I and the Father one we are". Furthermore, "31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?” 33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.” (John 10:31-33, NIV)

AND

"38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” (John 30:38, NIV)

he is not talking about equivalence. He is saying "I am God". Come on man

Clearly this verse contradicts any claim by the religious blind that Christ ever claimed to be his Father in Heaven.....

Yeah if you pull those two verses completely out of the book and totally ignore everything around it.

Forum List

Back