“If God does not exist, then all things are permitted.”

Threw an empty soda can out my car window. Littering, who gives a fuck, I'm going to hell anyhow because I don't believe in God so what does it matter what additional bad things I do?

Utterly ridiculous. Are you saying that you NEED a fear of God in order to be a good person? Do you have no sense of morality or compassion or intelligence?
If you had any compassion for others, you'd change your avatar. :D

... agree or disagree? .... and why?

When I was sixteen I remember thinking, if there is no God it does not matter what I do. So I shot some birds with an air rifle. Then one of them was wounded but not killed and it hid from me under a bush. I saw it looking at me and I realized it did matter. I had cruelly and pointlessly injured a harmless little bird and I felt bad.
It taught me that even if there is no God and no punishment for anything we do we should still have compassion.

Trying to stick to the subject, not everyone has compassion. There are many many people that are mentally ill, selfish to the point of not caring about others etc. Ultimately, we need God because we are incomplete without him, but, for people that don't "naturally" have compassion and love for others, they need God to change them from the inside out.

Not everyone is able to 'self police' - but like I said, we need God not to keep us in line, but to give us REAL life.

Many fervently religious people lack compassion. Especially for those who do not believe as they do

When I was sixteen I remember thinking, if there is no God it does not matter what I do. So I shot some birds with an air rifle. Then one of them was wounded but not killed and it hid from me under a bush. I saw it looking at me and I realized it did matter. I had cruelly and pointlessly injured a harmless little bird and I felt bad.
It taught me that even if there is no God and no punishment for anything we do we should still have compassion.

Trying to stick to the subject, not everyone has compassion. There are many many people that are mentally ill, selfish to the point of not caring about others etc. Ultimately, we need God because we are incomplete without him, but, for people that don't "naturally" have compassion and love for others, they need God to change them from the inside out.

Not everyone is able to 'self police' - but like I said, we need God not to keep us in line, but to give us REAL life.

Many fervently religious people lack compassion. Especially for those who do not believe as they do

Unfortunately, that is true.
Jesus commanded that we speak the truth in love and grace (Ephesians 4:15)
Many get worked up listening to Preachers (men) not teaching this, but, rather trying to incite Christian's to stand up and fight (which we should, but, in truth and grace....) Which many don't know how to do.
The Christian leadership fails at properly equipping believers to share the Gospel in this way.

Many get worked up listening to Preachers (men) not teaching this, but, rather trying to incite Christian's to stand up and fight (which we should, but, in truth and grace....) Which many don't know how to do.
The Christian leadership fails at properly equipping believers to share the Gospel in this way.

It is not just Christians but all religions

Majority of religions have little room in their doctrine for differences in opinion

Majority of religions have little room in their doctrine for differences in opinion

If you have a belief, and, the text you use (e.g. the Bible) sets out Godly standards and principles, and, if you turn you life over to God and vow to live a more Christ-like life (using my belief system as an example) there is not room for difference of opinion because God's word is the final word. Above and beyond any man-made, secular rule, law or belief.

If you have a belief, and, the text you use (e.g. the Bible) sets out Godly standards and principles, and, if you turn you life over to God and vow to live a more Christ-like life (using my belief system as an example) there is not room for difference of opinion because God's word is the final word. Above and beyond any man-made, secular rule, law or belief.

And what is it that you do that you consider "Christ-like" in your daily life?

ISIS feels the same way

ISIS feels the same way

True, but Christians are not asked to kill anyone. Remember, Grace and Truth.....
.... that does not include chopping people's heads off .... also, relationship with God is a personal calling, not something you demand of someone....

And what is it that you do that you consider "Christ-like" in your daily life?

I am, reluctantly but admittedly a work in progress. God is working on me you can rest assured of that....

ISIS feels the same way

True, but Christians are not asked to kill anyone. Remember, Grace and Truth.....
.... that does not include chopping people's heads off .... also, relationship with God is a personal calling, not something you demand of someone....

But in the OT they are . . . That's another thing. A lot of Christians want to completely ignore the OT. They say they only follow the NT. Well, are you saying that God was mistaken in the OT? What's up with that? :)

ISIS feels the same way

But in the OT they are . . . That's another thing. A lot of Christians want to completely ignore the OT. They say they only follow the NT. Well, are you saying that God was mistaken in the OT? What's up with that? :)
The OT is a Jew book. That's why some don't follow it.

ISIS feels the same way

But it is part of their Bible. Why include it at all?

ISIS feels the same way

God commanded that, yes. I'm not a Biblical Scholar or Theologian so, I don't have all the answers. I'm sure a dedicated Pastor/Minister with more Biblical knowledge could defend that faith better than I. I only know that God is perfect and incapable of sin or error. I don't ignore the OT.

I've heard of a few who reject the Revelations part of the Bible too. It seems that some religious people follow the religious laws and customs that they like and ignore the ones they don't like. :D Lol.

I mean, are the words in the OT, the words of GOD, or what?

ISIS feels the same way

God commanded that, yes. I'm not a Biblical Scholar or Theologian so, I don't have all the answers. I'm sure a dedicated Pastor/Minister with more Biblical knowledge could defend that faith better than I. I only know that God is perfect and incapable of sin or error. I don't ignore the OT.

Well then, you believing in stoning and sacrifice, things like that? How do you explain the silly stories?

ISIS feels the same way

I'm not sure which branches of Christianity ignore the OT. Again, I don't know everything....

According to the OT, we are all supposed to be sacrificing lambs. Bonzi, did you make your weekly lamb sacrifice yet? :lol:

I've heard of a few who reject the Revelations part of the Bible too. It seems that some religious people follow the religious laws and customs that they like and ignore the ones they don't like. :D Lol.

People love to create their own rules so they can live anyway they want, or at least, justify it.
Have their cake and eat it too.
Turning your life over to God/Christ and living for Him is a big sacrifice, one most people are NOT willing to make.

People love to create their own rules so they can live anyway they want, or at least, justify it.
Have their cake and eat it too.
Turning your life over to God/Christ and living for Him is a big sacrifice, one most people are NOT willing to make.

Well, Heaven is going to be short a few souls, eh? When that great war takes place between Satan and God and Hell has more people, who will win? :D

Forum List

Back