“If God does not exist, then all things are permitted.”

If you have a belief, and, the text you use (e.g. the Bible) sets out Godly standards and principles, and, if you turn you life over to God and vow to live a more Christ-like life (using my belief system as an example) there is not room for difference of opinion because God's word is the final word. Above and beyond any man-made, secular rule, law or belief.

ISIS feels the same way

True, but Christians are not asked to kill anyone. Remember, Grace and Truth.....
.... that does not include chopping people's heads off .... also, relationship with God is a personal calling, not something you demand of someone....

But in the OT they are . . . That's another thing. A lot of Christians want to completely ignore the OT. They say they only follow the NT. Well, are you saying that God was mistaken in the OT? What's up with that? :)

God commanded that, yes. I'm not a Biblical Scholar or Theologian so, I don't have all the answers. I'm sure a dedicated Pastor/Minister with more Biblical knowledge could defend that faith better than I. I only know that God is perfect and incapable of sin or error. I don't ignore the OT.

Well then, you believing in stoning and sacrifice, things like that? How do you explain the silly stories?

I'm sure I could do a quick Google search on it and give you some answers (you deserve them these are good questions) - but, I'm not feeling my best today and the answers are not coming me. So, my apologies.

I think it is nothing but a bunch of bull. I mean really . . . "oh, sorry God that I molested all those little children my whole life" or "sorry I murdered all of those people." And God says, "no problem, dudes. Welcome to Heaven." Then the atheist says AFTER death, "oh crap, since there was no evidence for a God, I didn't believe." And God says, "Fuck you, burn in hell for all eternity." :lol: Mmm. Yeah, that's logical.

I've heard of a few who reject the Revelations part of the Bible too. It seems that some religious people follow the religious laws and customs that they like and ignore the ones they don't like. :D Lol.

I mean, are the words in the OT, the words of GOD, or what?

People love to create their own rules so they can live anyway they want, or at least, justify it.
Have their cake and eat it too.
Turning your life over to God/Christ and living for Him is a big sacrifice, one most people are NOT willing to make.

Well, Heaven is going to be short a few souls, eh? When that great war takes place between Satan and God and Hell has more people, who will win? :D

Many people believe in false doctrines and are deceived That is prophesied and give as a warning throughout the Bible.

I think it is nothing but a bunch of bull. I mean really . . . "oh, sorry God that I molested all those little children my whole life" or "sorry I murdered all of those people." And God says, "no problem, dudes. Welcome to Heaven." Then the atheist says AFTER death, "oh crap, since there was no evidence for a God, I didn't believe." And God says, "Fuck you, burn in hell for all eternity." :lol: Mmm. Yeah, that's logical.

Salvation is not works based.
People want it to be, but it's not....

Ephesian 2:8 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

ISIS feels the same way

True, but Christians are not asked to kill anyone. Remember, Grace and Truth.....
.... that does not include chopping people's heads off .... also, relationship with God is a personal calling, not something you demand of someone....

But in the OT they are . . . That's another thing. A lot of Christians want to completely ignore the OT. They say they only follow the NT. Well, are you saying that God was mistaken in the OT? What's up with that? :)

God commanded that, yes. I'm not a Biblical Scholar or Theologian so, I don't have all the answers. I'm sure a dedicated Pastor/Minister with more Biblical knowledge could defend that faith better than I. I only know that God is perfect and incapable of sin or error. I don't ignore the OT.

Well then, you believing in stoning and sacrifice, things like that? How do you explain the silly stories?

I'm sure I could do a quick Google search on it and give you some answers (you deserve them these are good questions) - but, I'm not feeling my best today and the answers are not coming me. So, my apologies.

Oh, so you preach from your internet pulpit, not really knowing what you are talking about. Gotcha. ;)

I've heard of a few who reject the Revelations part of the Bible too. It seems that some religious people follow the religious laws and customs that they like and ignore the ones they don't like. :D Lol.

People love to create their own rules so they can live anyway they want, or at least, justify it.
Turning your life over to God/Christ and living for Him is a big sacrifice, one most people are NOT willing to make.

Well, Heaven is going to be short a few souls, eh? When that great war takes place between Satan and God and Hell has more people, who will win? :D

Many people believe in false doctrines and are deceived That is prophesied and give as a warning throughout the Bible.

What false doctrines? What does that have to do with my post about your statement that MOST people are not willing to make the necessary sacrifices to be actually "following" God?

And maybe, if there is a God, he was a practical joker. Maybe he set up a false religion, ie Christianity, riddled the book with things about false prophesies and then had a might giggle at what he'd just done.

Who's to say Christianity isn't a false prophesy?

Oh, so you preach from your internet pulpit, not really knowing what you are talking about. Gotcha. ;)

I know some things but not everything.

Oh wait . . . they can just say "sorry" and all will be well! ;)

No, it's not just saying sorry.
It's turning from your sinful ways and living for God.

No it is not. People repent on their death beds. They did NOT live their lives in a Godly manner.

there are those that do repent at death, yes. if it's genuine, it's honored by God. Only God knows the heart.

What do you know though, really? You don't KNOW anything. You just think you do because of what you read in a book written by ignorant and superstitious men thousands of years ago.

Many fervently religious people lack compassion. Especially for those who do not believe as they do

Unfortunately, that is true.
Jesus commanded that we speak the truth in love and grace (Ephesians 4:15)
Many get worked up listening to Preachers (men) not teaching this, but, rather trying to incite Christian's to stand up and fight (which we should, but, in truth and grace....) Which many don't know how to do.
The Christian leadership fails at properly equipping believers to share the Gospel in this way.

It is not just Christians but all religions

Majority of religions have little room in their doctrine for differences in opinion

If you have a belief, and, the text you use (e.g. the Bible) sets out Godly standards and principles, and, if you turn you life over to God and vow to live a more Christ-like life (using my belief system as an example) there is not room for difference of opinion because God's word is the final word. Above and beyond any man-made, secular rule, law or belief.

ISIS feels the same way

LOL....surely you jest:

There were 42 death penalty sins in the Old Testament:

1. Murder. Genesis 9:6.

2. Failing to circumcize. Genesis 17:14.

3. Eating leavened bread during the Feast of Unleavened Bread. Exodus 12:15, 19.

4. Smiting parents. Exodus 21:15.

5. Kidnapping. Exodus 21:16.

6. Cursing parents. Exodus 21:17.

7. Negligence with animals that kill. Exodus 21:28-32.

8. Witchcraft. Exodus 22:18.

9. Bestiality. Exodus 22:19.

10. Idolatry. Exodus 22:20.

11. Making holy anointing oil without authorization. Exodus 30:33.

12. Putting holy anointing oil on strangers. Exodus 30:33.

13. Making the holy perfume without being commanded to do so. Exodus 30:38.

14. Defiling the Sabbath. Exodus 31:14.

15. Working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2.

16. Eating the flesh of the peace offering in uncleanness. Leviticus 7:20-21.

17. Eating the fat of sacrifices. Leviticus 7:25.

18. Killing sacrifices other than at the door of the Tabernacle. Leviticus 17:1-9.

19. Eating blood. Leviticus 17:10-14.

20. Incest. Leviticus 18:6-29.

21. Eating sacrifices at the wrong time. Leviticus 19:5-8.

22. Consecration of children to idols. Leviticus 20:1-5.

23. Spiritualism. Leviticus 20:6, 27.

24. Adultery. Leviticus 20:10.

25. Men lying with men in religious prostitution. Leviticus 20:13.

26. Relationship with a menstrous woman. Leviticus 20:18.

27. Whoredom. Leviticus 21:9.

28. Sacrilege. Leviticus 22:3.

29. Refusing to fast on the Day of Atonement. Leviticus 23:29.

30. Working on the Day of Atonement. Leviticus 23:30.

31. Blasphemy. Leviticus 24:24:11-16.

32. Failure to keep the Passover. Numbers 9:13.

33. Presumptous sins. Numbers 15:30-31.

34. Gathering fire-wood on the Sabbath. Numbers 15:32-36.

35. Failure to purify one's self before worship. Numbers 19:13, 20.

36. False prophesy. Deuteronomy 13:1-18.

37. Leading mean away from God. Deuteronomy 13:6-18.

38. Backsliding. Deuteronomy 17:2-7.

39. Stubbornness and rebellion. Deuteronomy 21:18-23.

40. Gluttony. Deuteronomy 21:20-23.

41. Drunkenness. Deuteronomy 21:20-23.

42. False dreams and visions. Deuteronomy 13:1-18.

And maybe, if there is a God, he was a practical joker. Maybe he set up a false religion, ie Christianity, riddled the book with things about false prophesies and then had a might giggle at what he'd just done.

Who's to say Christianity isn't a false prophesy?

People in this world believe all kinds of different things....
I can only state what I believe.
Your spiritual life is a very personal thing

No it is not. People repent on their death beds. They did NOT live their lives in a Godly manner.

there are those that do repent at death, yes. if it's genuine, it's honored by God. Only God knows the heart.

Yes, so the atheist says, "I'm sorry that I didn't worship you God, but I lived a good life. I donated to many charities, I helped those less fortunate than me, I was faithful to my spouse." God says, "too fucking bad, it's all about me." Meanwhile, the guy who murdered six kids who repents on his death bed gets a ticket to Heaven. Fuck that. Your religion is disgusting, IMO.

What do you know though, really? You don't KNOW anything. You just think you do because of what you read in a book written by ignorant and superstitious men thousands of years ago.

I know because it is real to me. What God has done in my life.

How does god feel about bonzi being an advocate for harsher flaming in the flame zone

Yes, so the atheist says, "I'm sorry that I didn't worship you God, but I lived a good life. I donated to many charities, I helped those less fortunate than me, I was faithful to my spouse." God says, "too fucking bad, it's all about me." Meanwhile, the guy who murdered six kids who repents on his death bed gets a ticket to Heaven. Fuck that. Your religion is disgusting, IMO.

Not only disgusting....it's a major crock of shit formulated and designed to accommodate those at the top. I don't believe any of the originals believed that shit. It was formulated and designed as a tool to dominate people. It's been going right along the same way since apes fought over control of a small tribe.

Last edited:

I know because it is real to me. What God has done in my life.

What? What has God done in your life? Explain please.

Forum List

Back