"If God exists, why doesn't He prove it?"

Yet, even for the 13 years I was religious and searched for God, I could never find him.

Weird, ain't it?

Not really. Searching for God among 'the religious' is like looking for signs of life in the graveyard.

you know where not to look, why stop searching now?

I guess we could ask God for proof ... But I am not too sure he is into parlor tricks.
I mean if you were God and the Creator ... And what you created, living in your creation, asked you for proof ... It would probably be worth a laugh or two.

.....especially if they were asking for a sign while on their knees and praying before a block of wood.

Yet, even for the 13 years I was religious and searched for God, I could never find him.

Weird, ain't it?

Not really. Searching for God among 'the religious' is like looking for signs of life in the graveyard.

Because I've come to learn that he most likely does not exist and I'm perfectly okay with that.

Weird, ain't it?

Because I've come to learn that he most likely does not exist and I'm perfectly okay with that.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I suppose a loving and benevolent God would want you to live your life unimpeded anyway, and if ever there was something important that he wanted you to know he would find a way to get it through to you, even if you didn't believe.

An all powerful God would chuckle at the thought he would have to prove his existence.

exactly.

it is funny to observe our militant atheists being so insecure and short sighted :lol:

A common question from atheists and other doubters. Have asked it myself more than once. But as I think about it, do I prove I exist to ants and other simple lifeforms? Though if G-d loves us, as the texts say, it's reasonable to assume we're not as ants to Him. The comparison might be true from our point of view, but not from G-d's.

Many people in the texts has irrefutable proof G-d existed. As with G-d interacting with them as during the Exodus. But that proof didn't then correlate into absolute faith, trust, and obediance. So if even with requested proof people start slacking off and getting bitchy, why bother proving His existence to us now when we're WAY worse than the Exodus Jews?

Also, would G-d proving He exists to the whole world even be a positive thing? Ok, imagine we now all have proof G-d exists, no one claims He doesn't, it's as obvious and irrefutable as we exist. Now what? Do we abolish all religions and start a united singular one based on this latest revelation? Would that be a good thing or bad thing? Wouldn't it in fact throw the entire planet into absolute chaos?

If we accept G-d revealing His existence as negative, isn't it then logical that we don't have this kind of proof? And isn't that some people claim to have this proof, or otherwise believe absolutely like the aliens and UFOs issue? Some believe in aliens and UFOs, officially though, most governments deny it. If they all agreed though wouldn't the same worries they have about the public's reaction to our not controlling our own planet be exactly the same concern if G-d revealed Himself? And isn't that the worries are identical itself curious? :)

If you exist why don't you prove it? :dunno:

"If God exists, why doesn't He prove it?"

Suppose God was a high school Physics professor and He did prove it, but we were too busy looking at the blouse of the girl next to us and we did not notice?

An all powerful God would chuckle at the thought he would have to prove his existence.

exactly.

it is funny to observe our militant atheists being so insecure and short sighted :lol:

I sometimes wonder if I'm an atheist.

That would be a long journey from being born and raised Roman Catholic LOL.

Today, the only things that I believe in my heart are:

Whatever "force" or "event" that caused the existence of the physical universe had no other purpose.

That same "force" exists today in every elemental particle of physical matter present in the universe today.

All life as we know and understand it resulted from and also evolved from that moment when the physical universe came to be.

Divinity is a relatively modern human notion and nothing else.

And finally...

Giggity. :D

How much proof do you need? (Rhetorical question):cool:

You have first hand accounts. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John walked with Jesus or walked with people who lived with Jesus. Hundreds saw Jesus after he rose from the dead. That was not a popular thing to admit to in the Roman Empire back then. It could get you a free ticket to the Coliseum for an appointment with a hungry lion.

Why would these guys write this stuff down during the Roman Empire? There's no up side. It's a one way ticket to torture, prison, crucifixion or all of the above. Do a little research and find out what happened to everyone who walked with Jesus. These aren't fiction writers. Do you think they'd put their life on the line for a novel?

Let's step away from the Gospels and examine another era of history. Completely put Christianity out of your mind for a moment.

Let's say it's the year 3954 and people are debating if there was ever an Adolf Hitler, World War II or the Holocaust. On one side, you have people pointing out eye witness accounts as described by history books. They quote historians of the period commenting on the lessons to be learned from the period. On the other side, you have people saying this is just a myth. The books are just the works of men. Fantasy. Believers have nothing to go on but faith. Therefore, there are no lessons to be learned.

What is the agenda of the people who deny history? Less than minor I'd say.

What is the agenda of the people who deny the Gospels?

Your call. Make it a good one. We're rooting for you. There's a lot riding on it.

Last edited:

exactly.

I sometimes wonder if I'm an atheist.

That would be a long journey from being born and raised Roman Catholic LOL.

Today, the only things that I believe in my heart are:

Whatever "force" or "event" that caused the existence of the physical universe had no other purpose.

That same "force" exists today in every elemental particle of physical matter present in the universe today.

All life as we know and understand it resulted from and also evolved from that moment when the physical universe came to be.

Divinity is a relatively modern human notion and nothing else.

And finally...

Giggity. :D

you know that we come full circle usually? you are at 220 degrees ;)

How much proof do you need? (Rhetorical question):cool:

I just wanted to teach the Bible and only got resistance but when you go down this road, there is no end to arguments because anyone just make up an argument and if you gave someone time, anyone can manufacture 100 arguments or more. When I write a response on the internet that is apologetic in nature, I can spend a couple of hours writing a page or two that someone is going to not read. I have thousands of these pages with my own arguments and people are still biased as ever. They don't wan to follow so there wasn't a reason like "I can't believe Moses parted the Red Sea which is why I don't believe". The reason is they don't want to follow God and the reasons come after.

The first generation of Jews that escaped with Moses from Egypt saw the miracles and didn't enter the promised land except for Joshua and Caleb and their children. The miracles and seeing God were not enough for them to change their behavior.

Forum List

Back