"If God exists, why doesn't He prove it?"

A common question from atheists and other doubters. Have asked it myself more than once. But as I think about it, do I prove I exist to ants and other simple lifeforms? Though if G-d loves us, as the texts say, it's reasonable to assume we're not as ants to Him. The comparison might be true from our point of view, but not from G-d's.

Many people in the texts has irrefutable proof G-d existed. As with G-d interacting with them as during the Exodus. But that proof didn't then correlate into absolute faith, trust, and obediance. So if even with requested proof people start slacking off and getting bitchy, why bother proving His existence to us now when we're WAY worse than the Exodus Jews?

Also, would G-d proving He exists to the whole world even be a positive thing? Ok, imagine we now all have proof G-d exists, no one claims He doesn't, it's as obvious and irrefutable as we exist. Now what? Do we abolish all religions and start a united singular one based on this latest revelation? Would that be a good thing or bad thing? Wouldn't it in fact throw the entire planet into absolute chaos?

If we accept G-d revealing His existence as negative, isn't it then logical that we don't have this kind of proof? And isn't that some people claim to have this proof, or otherwise believe absolutely like the aliens and UFOs issue? Some believe in aliens and UFOs, officially though, most governments deny it. If they all agreed though wouldn't the same worries they have about the public's reaction to our not controlling our own planet be exactly the same concern if G-d revealed Himself? And isn't that the worries are identical itself curious? :)

So, there's some evidence (I've read, at least) that shows that a soul (energy, whatever) can leave the human body. This is called astral projection (aka an "out of body" experience). I remember reading about a ten year old who watched herself get operated on (after an accident) and then describe the ER room in great detail when she woke up. Anyways...

That said, perhaps our souls attach to human bodies in an effort to "learn" something. Life, as you know, can be a real growing experience where you figure out how to tame your urges, be kinder, and become better at focusing on the things that matter.

So if a God were to come flat out and say "I'm here, this is exactly what you must do, go for it" (100% proof) wouldn't you not get the same, full, learning experience? All of a sudden you're not stealing BECAUSE you're afraid of God and NOT because of a change from within - which is the point of it all.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
A common question from atheists and other doubters. Have asked it myself more than once. But as I think about it, do I prove I exist to ants and other simple lifeforms? Though if G-d loves us, as the texts say, it's reasonable to assume we're not as ants to Him. The comparison might be true from our point of view, but not from G-d's.

Many people in the texts has irrefutable proof G-d existed. As with G-d interacting with them as during the Exodus. But that proof didn't then correlate into absolute faith, trust, and obediance. So if even with requested proof people start slacking off and getting bitchy, why bother proving His existence to us now when we're WAY worse than the Exodus Jews?

Also, would G-d proving He exists to the whole world even be a positive thing? Ok, imagine we now all have proof G-d exists, no one claims He doesn't, it's as obvious and irrefutable as we exist. Now what? Do we abolish all religions and start a united singular one based on this latest revelation? Would that be a good thing or bad thing? Wouldn't it in fact throw the entire planet into absolute chaos?

If we accept G-d revealing His existence as negative, isn't it then logical that we don't have this kind of proof? And isn't that some people claim to have this proof, or otherwise believe absolutely like the aliens and UFOs issue? Some believe in aliens and UFOs, officially though, most governments deny it. If they all agreed though wouldn't the same worries they have about the public's reaction to our not controlling our own planet be exactly the same concern if G-d revealed Himself? And isn't that the worries are identical itself curious? :)

Prove it?

You mean like splitting the Red Sea in two so you can cross over to the other side?

No you say? Then how about raising someone from the dead?

No you say? Then how about coming back to life and proclaiming you have been resurrected?

No you say? You are a tough crowd.

i do not like those gods who raise up dead people. that is just way too scarey for me. that would be like stepping on a spider or something and then having the same spider show up in your bathroom in a couple of days. thst happened to me once. no, no, noooo sirree. i do not need resurrected spiders trottin' around my bathroom in the middle of the night, and the same goes for any of you people out there who are thinking about it. stay in the ground and do not scare children.

Religious people don't know who our Creator is or who we are in Him. They worship false gods and idols ( buildings and things built with human hands ), even their holy books, as proof that their gods exist.

We saints don't need to believe in anything once our invisible Creator comes into His mind ( where we exist ) and teaches us who we are as spoken invisible vibrations that come from His thoughts.

Is this the extent of a "saint's" mission? Making nonsensical statements to a discussion board where not one single solitary listener perceives of you as the least bit sane?

I would think someone as knowledgeable and powerful as you could make a better impression or do something of greater impact.

It was prophesied that unbelievers wouldn't believe us saints who speak for our Creator.

Jeremiah 6
10: To whom shall I speak and give warning, that they may hear? Behold, their ears are closed, they cannot listen; behold, the word of the LORD is to them an object of scorn, they take no pleasure in it.

John 15
18: "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
19: If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
25: It is to fulfil the word that is written in their law, `They hated me without a cause.

1 John 4
4: Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5: They are of the world, therefore what they say is of the world, and the world listens to them.
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Only believers listen to a saint speaking for our Creator. You unbelievers can't hear the Truth so you reject Him.

Religious people don't know who our Creator is or who we are in Him. They worship false gods and idols ( buildings and things built with human hands ), even their holy books, as proof that their gods exist.

We saints don't need to believe in anything once our invisible Creator comes into His mind ( where we exist ) and teaches us who we are as spoken invisible vibrations that come from His thoughts.

Is this the extent of a "saint's" mission? Making nonsensical statements to a discussion board where not one single solitary listener perceives of you as the least bit sane?

I would think someone as knowledgeable and powerful as you could make a better impression or do something of greater impact.

It was prophesied that unbelievers wouldn't believe us saints who speak for our Creator.

Jeremiah 6
10: To whom shall I speak and give warning, that they may hear? Behold, their ears are closed, they cannot listen; behold, the word of the LORD is to them an object of scorn, they take no pleasure in it.

John 15
19: If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
25: It is to fulfil the word that is written in their law, `They hated me without a cause.

1 John 4
4: Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5: They are of the world, therefore what they say is of the world, and the world listens to them.
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Only believers listen to a saint speaking for our Creator. You unbelievers can't hear the Truth so you reject Him.

Oh, so that's how it works? I see.

I can only imagine the number of other teachings of Scripture you would stumble over or conveniently dismiss because they do not align themselves with your esoteric creeds?

I think G-d has proven Himself the same way Jesus did. One, through works, i.e. signs. Two, through one person at a time or through a small number of people at a time.

It is then incumbent upon those chosen few to spread the Word and witness to His creation. Is that not how Judaism became?

It does follow for me that G-d would even make a global splash all at once for all the people to marvel in. Why? Because that would defeat His purpose for creating us in the first place. If it were all known, there would be no need for faith. G-d shows us enough and expects us to trust Him on the rest. Consequently, we are then judged by our degree of faith and obedience and charity for others.

He occasionally provides a sign or wonder to bolster the faith of the believer and to challenge the doubter. It all makes sense to me.

I think G-d has proven Himself the same way Jesus did. One, through works, i.e. signs. Two, through one person at a time or through a small number of people at a time.

It is then incumbent upon those chosen few to spread the Word and witness to His creation. Is that not how Judaism became?

It does follow for me that G-d would even make a global splash all at once for all the people to marvel in. Why? Because that would defeat His purpose for creating us in the first place. If it were all known, there would be no need for faith. G-d shows us enough and expects us to trust Him on the rest. Consequently, we are then judged by our degree of faith and obedience and charity for others.

He occasionally provides a sign or wonder to bolster the faith of the believer and to challenge the doubter. It all makes sense to me.

I think of life as a school. If God was the teacher, and known to be the teacher absolutely, we wouldn't act up out of fear.

However, ideally if the teacher only "may exist" and didn't punish anyone directly, perhaps we'd first act up then learn not to because of the harm it would cause the general society, etc. We'd truly learn, because it came from within.

I think of life as a school. If God was the teacher, and known to be the teacher absolutely, we wouldn't act up out of fear.

However, ideally if the teacher only "may exist" and didn't punish anyone directly, perhaps we'd first act up then learn not to because of the harm it would cause the general society, etc. We'd truly learn, because it came from within.

I do not doubt that idea may work very well for you, but I do not believe it is the case with any segment of society in our world. Generally speaking, I think man who is not under any fear of reprisal or consequence gravitates towards self-centerdness, materialism, lust, sloth, and cares even less for his fellow man.

If God were to make Himself known and the future known in every way possible, I believe it would defeat the purpose for our creation in the first place. He may as well have just made us angels and put us in heaven with no chance of failure, sin or loss. But clearly He had a higher purpose for giving man free will. Not unlike a man would find far more pleasure and joy in having a beautiful woman who falls in love with the man and makes the effort to love him, as opposed to the same beautiful woman being forced to be his bride through an arranged marriage. It pleases God more as well.

Life is a trial. God has revealed enough for us to know what we do or say or decide has eternal consequences. God is not nearly as hidden as man probably wishes He were.

The fact that the earth was a tumbling ball of blazing rock that got hit just right to form a moon, then enough water landed on it, it's just the right distance from the sun.....

Turned into what you see.

I gotta go with there's a very good chance there's something out there.

The universe you see is nothing but an illusion that comes from invisible vibrations that we know as energy today. Vibrations is our invisible God's language where all illusions come from. It takes trillions of vibrations just to give us one perfect illusion to see so this is why it's known by us saints that we all are of one mind. We are God's vibrations.

:cuckoo::clap2::420::clap2::cuckoo:

Please go to an ER and explain that to the nurses there.

God does not exist. There are so many reasons for this being true it is hard to know where to start. But I always believe that the onus is on the believers. It is not up to unbelievers to prove others faith is tangible. That is up to them. Nothing wrong with believing in a god either. Just don't damn others and don't demand that some of your beliefs are put down on paper in the form of legislation - not that many demand, but some do. Ireland and Italy are classic examples - anti-abortion and contraception laws are Christian dogma driven.

God does not exist. There are so many reasons for this being true it is hard to know where to start. But I always believe that the onus is on the believers. It is not up to unbelievers to prove others faith is tangible. That is up to them. Nothing wrong with believing in a god either. Just don't damn others and don't demand that some of your beliefs are put down on paper in the form of legislation - not that many demand, but some do. Ireland and Italy are classic examples - anti-abortion and contraception laws are Christian dogma driven.
bump!

Jeremiah 6

John 15

1 John 4

Oh, so that's how it works? I see.

I can only imagine the number of other teachings of Scripture you would stumble over or conveniently dismiss because they do not align themselves with your esoteric creeds?

I understand all the prophecies that come from the knowledge that I possess and spoken or written by flesh called prophets and saints.

Why should God prove anything? Man is capable of treating one another better but chooses not to. If he dazzled this generation would the next one care?

Why doesn't God "prove" Himself to us so there is no need for faith?

Answer: Our relationship with God is similar to our relationship with others in that all relationships require faith. We can never fully know any other person. We cannot experience all they experience nor enter into their minds to know what their thoughts and emotions are. Proverbs 14:10 says, "The heart knows its own bitterness, and a stranger does not share its joy." We are incapable of even knowing our own hearts fully. Jeremiah 17:9 says that the human heart is wicked and deceptive, "Who can know it?" In other words, the human heart is such that it seeks to hide the depth of its wickedness, deceiving even its owner. We do this through shifting blame, justifying wrong behavior, minimizing our sins, etc.

If we cannot know our fellow finite human beings fully, how can we expect to fully know an infinite God?

There have been times in the past that God has revealed Himself more "visibly" to people. One example of this is at the time of the exodus from Egypt, sending the miraculous plagues upon the Egyptians until they were willing to release the Israelites from slavery. God then opened the Red Sea, enabling the approximately two million Israelites to cross over on dry ground. Later, in the wilderness, God fed them miraculously with manna, and He guided them in the day by a pillar of cloud and in the night by a pillar of fire, visible representations of His presence with them (Exodus 15:14-15).

Yet, in spite of these repeated demonstrations of His love, guidance, and power, the Israelites still refused to trust Him when He wanted them to enter into the Promised Land. Were God to interact in a similar fashion with people living today, we would respond no differently than the Israelites because our sinful hearts are the same as theirs.

God has revealed enough of His nature for us to be able to trust Him. And in that revelation, He has shown that He is worthy to be trusted. But, as with the Israelites in the wilderness, the choice is ours whether or not we will trust Him. Often, we are inclined to make this choice based on what we think we know about God rather than what He has revealed about Himself and can be understood about Him through a careful study of His inerrant Word, the Bible.

Read more: Why does God require faith? Why doesn't God "prove" Himself to us so there is no need for faith?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back