"If God exists, why doesn't He prove it?"

Why doesn't God "prove" Himself to us so there is no need for faith?

Answer: Our relationship with God is similar to our relationship with others in that all relationships require faith. We can never fully know any other person. We cannot experience all they experience nor enter into their minds to know what their thoughts and emotions are. Proverbs 14:10 says, "The heart knows its own bitterness, and a stranger does not share its joy." We are incapable of even knowing our own hearts fully. Jeremiah 17:9 says that the human heart is wicked and deceptive, "Who can know it?" In other words, the human heart is such that it seeks to hide the depth of its wickedness, deceiving even its owner. We do this through shifting blame, justifying wrong behavior, minimizing our sins, etc.

If we cannot know our fellow finite human beings fully, how can we expect to fully know an infinite God?

There have been times in the past that God has revealed Himself more "visibly" to people. One example of this is at the time of the exodus from Egypt, sending the miraculous plagues upon the Egyptians until they were willing to release the Israelites from slavery. God then opened the Red Sea, enabling the approximately two million Israelites to cross over on dry ground. Later, in the wilderness, God fed them miraculously with manna, and He guided them in the day by a pillar of cloud and in the night by a pillar of fire, visible representations of His presence with them (Exodus 15:14-15).

Yet, in spite of these repeated demonstrations of His love, guidance, and power, the Israelites still refused to trust Him when He wanted them to enter into the Promised Land. Were God to interact in a similar fashion with people living today, we would respond no differently than the Israelites because our sinful hearts are the same as theirs.

God has revealed enough of His nature for us to be able to trust Him. And in that revelation, He has shown that He is worthy to be trusted. But, as with the Israelites in the wilderness, the choice is ours whether or not we will trust Him. Often, we are inclined to make this choice based on what we think we know about God rather than what He has revealed about Himself and can be understood about Him through a careful study of His inerrant Word, the Bible.

Read more: Why does God require faith? Why doesn't God "prove" Himself to us so there is no need for faith?
do you understand what objective and non bias means..
your source is neither

He occasionally provides a sign or wonder to bolster the faith of the believer and to challenge the doubter. It all makes sense to me.

If one day saint brad suddenly came into a right mind and recovered his sanity, if he ever was sane, and renounced all of his incoherent pseudo religious flotsam I think even the most devout Atheist would have no choice but to believe that the dead can come back to life.

He might very well have done just that! And I can already hear the sound of gnashing teeth in the distance, not just from religious traditions but from those sources of secular speculation. For what science and religion, not to mention the rest of us, thought impossible has now happened. History has its first literal, testable and fully demonstrable proof for faith.

The first wholly new interpretation for two thousand years of the moral teachings of Christ has been published. Radically different from anything else we know of from theology or history, this new teaching is predicated upon the 'promise' of a precise, predefined, and predictable experience of transcendent omnipotence and called 'the first Resurrection' in the sense that the Resurrection of Jesus was intended to demonstrate Gods' willingness to reveal Himself and intervene directly into the natural world for those obedient to His will, paving the way for access, by faith, to the power of divine Will and ultimate proof!

Thus 'faith' becomes an act of trust in action, the search along a defined path of strict self discipline, [a test of the human heart] to discover His 'Word' of a direct individual intervention into the natural world by omnipotent power that confirms divine will, law, command and covenant, which at the same time, realigns our mortal moral compass with the Divine, "correcting human nature by a change in natural law, altering biology, consciousness and human ethical perception beyond all natural evolutionary boundaries." Thus is a man 'created' in the image and likeness of his Creator.

So like it or no, a new religious teaching, testable by faith, meeting all Enlightenment criteria of evidence based causation and definitive proof now exists. Nothing short of an intellectual, moral and religious revolution is getting under way.

Trials of this new teaching are open to all. And I've already started. To test or not to test, that is the question? Turn your search engine to: The Final Freedoms.

Why should God prove anything? Man is capable of treating one another better but chooses not to. If he dazzled this generation would the next one care?
by your "reasoning" god has no lasting effect on his
'creation"?
then the term almighty god is a misnomer?!

I would say God has an effect on His creation.
He is proving His righteousness.
Man says that God doesn't exist.
God will show up on judgment day.
Man will have nothing to say for himself for being wrong about God.

Faith says wait on God because God is good.
Self says don't wait on God.

God will be vindicated because all these people who are going to hell have spent their time being wrong.

By your reasoning God needs to conform to what you think he would or wouldn't be in order to exist. I say he exists without your approval.
what you say and what you believe are not evidence of anything but themselves..
This conversation is apparently over your head. I said that God can exist in ways that don't fit your narrow definitions and that's your response?

because they have faith in it.

wait :lol:

If the rapture doesn't exist, why doesn't Vox prove it?

prove what?

you are not supposed to prove a negative - it is a positive which has to be proven :lol:

prove rapture exists. so far you have not.

I don't prove God's word is a sword. I just swing it. Then you have a bunch of crybabies crying because God's words pierced their heart.

God said the rapture is going to happen. That is good enough for me. I don't have to prove it. It will just happen.

If the rapture doesn't exist, why doesn't Vox prove it?

prove what?

you are not supposed to prove a negative - it is a positive which has to be proven :lol:

prove rapture exists. so far you have not.

I don't prove God's word is a sword. I just swing it. Then you have a bunch of crybabies crying because God's words pierced their heart.

God said the rapture is going to happen. That is good enough for me. I don't have to prove it. It will just happen.

You swing it? LOL

you are sinnig the worst sin ever - pride. be careful, as you might be left behind ;)

Why should God prove anything? Man is capable of treating one another better but chooses not to. If he dazzled this generation would the next one care?
by your "reasoning" god has no lasting effect on his
'creation"?
then the term almighty god is a misnomer?!

I would say God has an effect on His creation.
He is proving His righteousness.
Man says that God doesn't exist.
God will show up on judgment day.
Man will have nothing to say for himself for being wrong about God.

Faith says wait on God because God is good.
Self says don't wait on God.

God will be vindicated because all these people who are going to hell have spent their time being wrong.
poetic, but not evidence!

By your reasoning God needs to conform to what you think he would or wouldn't be in order to exist. I say he exists without your approval.
what you say and what you believe are not evidence of anything but themselves..
This conversation is apparently over your head. I said that God can exist in ways that don't fit your narrow definitions and that's your response?
my response is a prefect fit for you question...
it's apparent that my answer was more then your blinders on pov could manage.

Oh, so that's how it works? I see.

I can only imagine the number of other teachings of Scripture you would stumble over or conveniently dismiss because they do not align themselves with your esoteric creeds?

Almost all of them

Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. (John 7:16-17)

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. (Malachi 3:9)

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. (Matt 7:7-8)

The Lord gives us plenty of invitations to come to know Him. He will prove Himself to us. if we ask we will receive. The Problem is so few ask and seek.

A common question from atheists and other doubters. Have asked it myself more than once. But as I think about it, do I prove I exist to ants and other simple lifeforms? Though if G-d loves us, as the texts say, it's reasonable to assume we're not as ants to Him. The comparison might be true from our point of view, but not from G-d's.

Invalid analogy; you are tangible, so the ant can see/hear/feel you. The supposed "God" is not.

Many people in the texts has irrefutable proof G-d existed. As with G-d interacting with them as during the Exodus. But that proof didn't then correlate into absolute faith, trust, and obediance. So if even with requested proof people start slacking off and getting bitchy, why bother proving His existence to us now when we're WAY worse than the Exodus Jews?

What irrefutable proof? (Hint: anecdotal evidence is not "irrefutable proof") Why is it that only people this particular group of people have "interacted with God"? If God is omnipotent, why can't he make us believe that he exists, whether that involves showing himself to us or implanting a mental suggestion of sorts?

Also, would G-d proving He exists to the whole world even be a positive thing? Ok, imagine we now all have proof G-d exists, no one claims He doesn't, it's as obvious and irrefutable as we exist. Now what? Do we abolish all religions and start a united singular one based on this latest revelation? Would that be a good thing or bad thing? Wouldn't it in fact throw the entire planet into absolute chaos?

Argument from adverse consequences.

If we accept G-d revealing His existence as negative, isn't it then logical that we don't have this kind of proof? And isn't that some people claim to have this proof, or otherwise believe absolutely like the aliens and UFOs issue? Some believe in aliens and UFOs, officially though, most governments deny it. If they all agreed though wouldn't the same worries they have about the public's reaction to our not controlling our own planet be exactly the same concern if G-d revealed Himself? And isn't that the worries are identical itself curious? :)

Again, argument from adverse consequences. According to you, since proving the existence of God would be bad, the existence of God cannot be proven. It's like saying (theoretically) that we can't find out who perpetrated the Watergate scandal because it would throw the world into chaos.

Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. (John 7:16-17)

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. (Malachi 3:9)

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. (Matt 7:7-8)

The Lord gives us plenty of invitations to come to know Him. He will prove Himself to us. if we ask we will receive. The Problem is so few ask and seek.

Yet, even for the 13 years I was religious and searched for God, I could never find him.

Weird, ain't it?

I guess we could ask God for proof ... But I am not too sure he is into parlor tricks.
I mean if you were God and the Creator ... And what you created, living in your creation, asked you for proof ... It would probably be worth a laugh or two.

Forum List

Back