If God is good, and Man is sometimes evil

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
If God is good, and Man either good or evil, since all religions come from Man shouldn't we be worried we're sometimes following evil in religions?

Whereas if we simply believe in God, and do things we all agree are good without religion and the risk of following under the sway of evil isn't that a better solution?

If God is good, and Man either good or evil, since all religions come from Man shouldn't we be worried we're sometimes following evil in religions?

Whereas if we simply believe in God, and do things we all agree are good without religion and the risk of following under the sway of evil isn't that a better solution?

I think not. Religion is about human interaction and humans are social. Religion is as unnecessary to human society as government.

Are you Jewish or Christian?
If you're Jewish, you don't seem to have received a basic Jewish education.

Are you Jewish or Christian?
If you're Jewish, you don't seem to have received a basic Jewish education.

Receiving education (or I'd say indoctrination) doesn't mean you can never change your mind, draw your own conclusions, or form new opinions.

I think not. Religion is about human interaction and humans are social. Religion is as unnecessary to human society as government.

I sit on my porch and greet passersby to be social. If I wish to be anonymous in a crowd of people as at a church service I'd rather go to a movie or restaurant and at least be able to eat. Are many alternatives for socializing than church-going. Is that what religion's really about? Socializing?

If it's man made why would one care about man made evil? If one doesn't exist, then neither does the other. And yet evil abounds. huh.

So what do we all agree on? Will a lack of religion determine a more profound behavior? How many murders have been committed by non believers? Why don't they just agree with you that murder is wrong, therefore they will abstain..........

Lean on your own understanding, and Satan will waltz right in. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

I sit on my porch and greet passersby to be social. If I wish to be anonymous in a crowd of people as at a church service I'd rather go to a movie or restaurant and at least be able to eat. Are many alternatives for socializing than church-going. Is that what religion's really about? Socializing?

You are thinking in terms of an individual. Society is a group. You sat on your porch, but did you build the porch? Did you grow and cut the trees to make the boards? Mine the ore, smelt the metal and form the nails? You are an individual, but you are also part of the group and religion is all about the group.

If it's man made why would one care about man made evil?

So what do we all agree on? Will a lack of religion determine your behavior? How many murders have been committed by non believers? Why don't they just agree with you that murder is wrong, therefore they will abstain..........

You assume we can't be good and godlike without religion, or God can't exist without religions to learn the difference between good and evil. I think instead we can know God and what's good and evil absent religion. Simply have to be mindful of everything around us.

If you don't speak, you're listening. But if you're listening to somoene speaking aren't they not listening? If so, why listen to them in the first place? Aren't the ones we believe interacted with God those who listened and could hear Him? Were they sitting in church somewhere and God walked in and said "Hey you!" :)

If it's man made why would one care about man made evil? If one doesn't exist, then neither does the other. And yet evil abounds. huh.

So what do we all agree on? Will a lack of religion determine a more profound behavior? How many murders have been committed by non believers? Why don't they just agree with you that murder is wrong, therefore they will abstain..........

Someone was talking about Anne Coulter in another thread. She was railing against medical missionaries going to Africa to help people. People who were putting their own lives on the line to help others. There is no good someone else will not call evil, no evil someone else will not call good.

Forum List

Back