If God's Flood was only a regional flood...

How many species of animals did this all powerful God kill off during his temper tantrum against his human creations?

If that God could make it rain for 40 days and nights, couldn't this God just smote those evil humans directly and not kill off all the animals whom Noah couldn't save?

There was no temper tantrum and God grieved about what was to come in order to keep human DNA in tact.
As is the case with us, spirits are eternal. Even the bad ones. God could kill the demon hybrids, human and animal alike, but not the spirits that created the mess. They are eternal. That is why God created a special place for them, and will be dispatching them at the White Throne Judgment:

Tartarus comes from the Greek word Tartaroo which is used only once in the New Testament in 2 Peter 2:4. "For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell...
and continues:
if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment".

Damn, how many supernatural creatures do you believe in? Demons, spirits, hybrids, semi gods, demi-gods Big God, Big Devil.......

When I die and meet this God Almighty, I'm going to ask him why he created eye worms. Why?

You poor soul. When you meet God Almighty, I hope your only concern is eye worms...
SOZO( sode-zoe) renders that inapplicable

How many species of animals did this all powerful God kill off during his temper tantrum against his human creations?

If that God could make it rain for 40 days and nights, couldn't this God just smote those evil humans directly and not kill off all the animals whom Noah couldn't save?

There was no temper tantrum and God grieved about what was to come in order to keep human DNA in tact.
As is the case with us, spirits are eternal. Even the bad ones. God could kill the demon hybrids, human and animal alike, but not the spirits that created the mess. They are eternal. That is why God created a special place for them, and will be dispatching them at the White Throne Judgment:

Tartarus comes from the Greek word Tartaroo which is used only once in the New Testament in 2 Peter 2:4. "For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell...
and continues:
if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment".

Damn, how many supernatural creatures do you believe in? Demons, spirits, hybrids, semi gods, demi-gods Big God, Big Devil.......

When I die and meet this God Almighty, I'm going to ask him why he created eye worms. Why?

You poor soul. When you meet God Almighty, I hope your only concern is eye worms...
No worries. The best US president has worked on that for over 40 years. He about got it whooped !

the threat is 4th century christianity, desert religions the plagues after the storm.

I think some actually believe the fact that we believe in a world wide flood that it represents a threat
The threat being that much of the "scientific" theories taught are worthless, and those holding to such theories are wasting money better spent elsewhere.

The threat being that much of the "scientific" theories taught are worthless
*As typed on his quantum mechanical machine, as sent via electromagnetic energy, as bounced between satellites completely reliant on generral relativity, and as brought to your eyes for you comedy pleasure via LED technology.

I think some actually believe the fact that we believe in a world wide flood that it represents a threat
You can believe whatever you want. But if you don't want those beliefs discussed, then keep them to yourself and especially don't post them on a public forum. Whining about people's opinions of your beliefs (or simply whining that they have opinions about them at all) after you present them for public consumption is absurd.

Who are you to decide what is stupid, and what is not?
Who are you to say I can't have an opinion?

I have never stated that you are not entitled to your opinion. However, you are an extremist. Extremists are problematic at best. Anyone who espouses the opinion that people who believe other than them are stupid, or denigrates them for that belief, is a person to be shunned.

...Then why would god order Noah to take 2 of every animal, if all the animals weren't going to drown because the flood wasn't worldwide as many posters here contend?

There is ample evidence worldwide of a Great Flood long before mankind started to write things down. Geologically, and culturally mankind has always lived along rivers and coastlines. Fourteen thousand years ago the climate changed and the continental ice sheets began to melt. Sea levels rose by hundreds of meters as the fresh water entered into the oceans. The Mediterranean Sea was dry until that happened. All of those peoples, who were living on the coast at that time suddenly found themselves facing an unrelenting ocean that was gobbling up everything they knew. So, they fled.

That is why EVERY single human culture that has an ancient written history mentions the Great Flood. Every single one of them. Was it God? No, but it happened. The Bible is mainly a history, and secondarily it is a hygiene book. Why you people go batshit crazy over a book is beyond me. What is even more amazing is you, who think you are so smart, have so little education about ancient and pre history that you can't figure out what the Bible is.

Get a life.
Geez, you get butthurt after misunderstanding what and whom I'm asking, how mature of you. So I'll 'splain it to you more slowly. A lot of people here who believe in the bible say that the Flood was only regional, so my question to THEM (not asswipes like you) is why would god order that Noah get 2 of every animal since a regional flood won't make any of them extinct.

And what "ample evidence" is there of a worldwide flood?

I'll explain it to you even simpler. Who the hell are you to question what others believe? i dare you to go up to a Muslim and tell them that their belief in Allah is stupid. You arrogant twits attack Christians because you know you won't get killed by them. So, your supposed intellectual superiority is nothing more than a bully hiding behind the knowledge that you won't get the hell beat out of you when you attack them.

I'm agnostic. I believe that there is neither evidence for, or against the existence of a God. However, it is not up to me to dictate what others believe. You militant atheists are very selective in who you attack, which makes your arguments crap.
I'm asking a fucking question, who are you to question my question? Go take another Midol.

No, you're not. You are making an accusation wrapped up in a fake question. You may be too stupid to figure it out, but I'm not. It is obvious that the Noah Flood story is a myth. Anyone with a brain can figure that one out. But, as is true with most myths, it is based on fact. There was a worldwide flood. No, the mountains weren't under water, but the places where the people actually lived, the river mouths, the streams, and the oceans coastlines....you know, where 90% of the global population lives today, those areas did indeed get flooded.

The people had to move and that catastrophe was embedded in their psyche. That is why every major culture with an ancient history, WORLDWIDE, talks of a Great Flood.
Why are you so fucking stupid? I'm asking THOSE WHO THINK THE FLOOD WAS ONLY REGIONAL. Do you fucking get it? I'm not asking you, I'm asking THOSE WHO THINK THE FLOOD WAS ONLY REGIONAL, so please do us all a favor and fuck off and give the adult back his or her account.

tyroneweaver is probably honestly deceived about the Holy Bible and Mormon stances on its inerrancy, which is a shame.

The Mormon belief about the Bible is stated in their Articles of Faith: “We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly” (Articles of Faith 1:8). The Bible, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price make up the LDS Standard works.

Mormons believe that after the apostles died, a great apostasy robbed many valuable and great things from the Bible. Parts of it were mistanslated, parts of it were lost, and the holy book itself was incomplete and in places corrupt. Books had been removed from the OT and from the NT.

Joseph Smith's tasks included a new, inspired version of the Holy Bible. He made thousands of changes to the Holy Bible.

You can read it here: The Inspired Version of the Bible.

Thus, Mormons do not believe the Holy Bible as it was in the 1830s or today is inerrant.
I believe Hebrews 11:7
You don’t
So you are telling me that you think it is translated correctly.

However, you don't believe the Bible is inerrant. You believe that is true only where it is translated correctly.

The story and message from God is that the world was condemned by God for man's wickedness. Noah is a metaphor (a symbol) for a savior, and the flood is a symbol for baptism.
There can be errors in transmission and still be the inerrant word of God
If there is error, then it is not inerrant. If it were inerrant, there would be no reason for Joseph Smith to produce the Inspired Version of the Holy Bible.

*As typed on his quantum mechanical machine, as sent via electromagnetic energy, as bounced between satellites completely reliant on generral relativity, and as brought to your eyes for you comedy pleasure via LED technology.
What has been gained by the theory that life spontaneously just happened and that all animals and man are the product of evolution. What exactly has been gained? Is this why recorded music appeared or how we landed on the moon? The fact that we have all this technology today is because of the notion of Darwinism? How so? Edison once stated that genius is one percent inspiration, ninety nine percent perspiration... I see no place for Darwinian theory in that equation.

What has been gained by the theory that life spontaneously just happened and that all animals and man are the product of evolution. What exactly has been gained? Is this why recorded music appeared or how we landed on the moon? The fact that we have all this technology today is because of the notion of Darwinism? How so? Edison once stated that invention is 10 % imagination and 90% perspiration. I see no place for Darwinian theory in that equation.

What is gained by exploring scientific evidence and forming the best theory based on all the evidence?

I would ask you, what is gained by ignoring scientific evidence in favor of a book written from stories told for generations before being written down, and then edited by a misogynistic group with political motivations?

You can believe whatever you want. But if you don't want those beliefs discussed, then keep them to yourself and especially don't post them on a public forum. Whining about people's opinions of your beliefs (or simply whining that they have opinions about them at all) after you present them for public consumption is absurd.
I didn’t think it was possible for a poster to post the opposite of what they just said. But you sure did

tyroneweaver is probably honestly deceived about the Holy Bible and Mormon stances on its inerrancy, which is a shame.

The Mormon belief about the Bible is stated in their Articles of Faith: “We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly” (Articles of Faith 1:8). The Bible, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price make up the LDS Standard works.

Mormons believe that after the apostles died, a great apostasy robbed many valuable and great things from the Bible. Parts of it were mistanslated, parts of it were lost, and the holy book itself was incomplete and in places corrupt. Books had been removed from the OT and from the NT.

Joseph Smith's tasks included a new, inspired version of the Holy Bible. He made thousands of changes to the Holy Bible.

You can read it here: The Inspired Version of the Bible.

Thus, Mormons do not believe the Holy Bible as it was in the 1830s or today is inerrant.
I believe Hebrews 11:7
You don’t
So you are telling me that you think it is translated correctly.

However, you don't believe the Bible is inerrant. You believe that is true only where it is translated correctly.

The story and message from God is that the world was condemned by God for man's wickedness. Noah is a metaphor (a symbol) for a savior, and the flood is a symbol for baptism.
There can be errors in transmission and still be the inerrant word of God
If there is error, then it is not inerrant. If it were inerrant, there would be no reason for Joseph Smith to produce the Inspired Version of the Holy Bible.
The JS version didn’t say the Bible was false. In fact it supported its authenticity
Unlike your view, that it’s a bunch of aesop fables reworded

What has been gained by the theory that life spontaneously just happened and that all animals and man are the product of evolution. What exactly has been gained? Is this why recorded music appeared or how we landed on the moon? The fact that we have all this technology today is because of the notion of Darwinism? How so? Edison once stated that invention is 10 % imagination and 90% perspiration. I see no place for Darwinian theory in that equation.

What is gained by exploring scientific evidence and forming the best theory based on all the evidence?

I would ask you, what is gained by ignoring scientific evidence in favor of a book written from stories told for generations before being written down, and then edited by a misogynistic group with political motivations?
Which testifies to its authenticity.
The Bible presents its facts

Forum List

Back