If God's Flood was only a regional flood...

The threat being that much of the "scientific" theories taught are worthless
*As typed on his quantum mechanical machine, as sent via electromagnetic energy, as bounced between satellites completely reliant on generral relativity, and as brought to your eyes for you comedy pleasure via LED technology.
What has been gained by the theory that life spontaneously just happened and that all animals and man are the product of evolution. What exactly has been gained? Is this why recorded music appeared or how we landed on the moon? The fact that we have all this technology today is because of the notion of Darwinism? How so? Edison once stated that invention is 10 % imagination and 90% perspiration. I see no place for Darwinian theory in that equation.

What is gained by exploring scientific evidence and forming the best theory based on all the evidence?

I would ask you, what is gained by ignoring scientific evidence in favor of a book written from stories told for generations before being written down, and then edited by a misogynistic group with political motivations?
The United States of America.

Taz, go back and look at the concept of logic, then look up allegory.

You are being willfully dolitish, and you have to stop it before you will be taken seriously.

You are being willfully dolitish, and you have to stop it before you will be taken seriously.
Actually my OP is directed at those who think that Noah existed but that the flood was regional, so not you. Thanks for playing.

...Then why would god order Noah to take 2 of every animal, if all the animals weren't going to drown because the flood wasn't worldwide as many posters here contend?
Do you even allegory, bro?
A lot of people here contend that the flood was only regional. So then if regional, why would god order Noah to "save" animals that wouldn't become extinct anyways? You're saying that there was no such guy as Noah. What about Jesus, was there a guy named Jesus who performed all those miracles?
Again you are reading it literally.

...Then why would god order Noah to take 2 of every animal, if all the animals weren't going to drown because the flood wasn't worldwide as many posters here contend?
And since it was only a regional flood, it stands to reason he/she is only a regional god.

Actually my OP is directed at those who think that Noah existed but that the flood was regional, so not you. Thanks for playing.
I believe that you should try wrapping your mind around that there was a major flood event that really did happen and don't read anything more than that into it if you really are agnostic. The real question is do you believe there is something which binds us together that is outside of us.

A lot of people here contend that the flood was only regional. So then if regional, why would god order Noah to "save" animals that wouldn't become extinct anyways? You're saying that there was no such guy as Noah. What about Jesus, was there a guy named Jesus who performed all those miracles?
You don't even believe the bible is true, so I'm not asking you, but people who think the story of Noah actually happened.

You don't even believe the bible is true, so I'm not asking you, but people who think the story of Noah actually happened.
You mean I don't read the allegorical accounts literally.

I believe that you should try wrapping your mind around that there was a major flood event that really did happen and don't read anything more than that into it if you really are agnostic. The real question is do you believe there is something which binds us together that is outside of us.
If you mean is there someone invisible babysitting us? I'd say it's still not proven. But not bloody likely! :biggrin:

I mean you make shit up because you don't like what you read.

Agnostics don't get it, so that is why I don't argue with them.

The point is that a "Noah" existed in a flood catastrophe.

Agnostics don't get it, so that is why I don't argue with them.

The point is that a "Noah" existed in a flood catastrophe.
But why take 2 of every animal for a regional flood?

The threat being that much of the "scientific" theories taught are worthless
*As typed on his quantum mechanical machine, as sent via electromagnetic energy, as bounced between satellites completely reliant on generral relativity, and as brought to your eyes for you comedy pleasure via LED technology.
What has been gained by the theory that life spontaneously just happened and that all animals and man are the product of evolution. What exactly has been gained? Is this why recorded music appeared or how we landed on the moon? The fact that we have all this technology today is because of the notion of Darwinism? How so? Edison once stated that invention is 10 % imagination and 90% perspiration. I see no place for Darwinian theory in that equation.

What is gained by exploring scientific evidence and forming the best theory based on all the evidence?

I would ask you, what is gained by ignoring scientific evidence in favor of a book written from stories told for generations before being written down, and then edited by a misogynistic group with political motivations?
The United States of America.

How is the United States gained by ignoring science?

I mean you make shit up because you don't like what you read.
Like what? Like the Tower of Babel is the allegorical account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization? Which also was a historical event.

Screw kangaroos. I wonder how they managed to fit all those dinosaurs on there. The brachiosaurus alone was 80ft long and like 40ft tall! :rolleyes:

Now you know why there are no more dinosaurs. Think man!

If you mean is there someone invisible babysitting us? I'd say it's still not proven. But not bloody likely! :biggrin:
No one is baby sitting you.

This is pretty simple, if you believe in reincarnation then you believe in an unseen and unknown force that exists in the universe and binds us, right?

Screw kangaroos. I wonder how they managed to fit all those dinosaurs on there. The brachiosaurus alone was 80ft long and like 40ft tall! :rolleyes:

Now you know why there are no more dinosaurs. Think man!
Why did he let the dinos die? Did they not worship him?
Probably so you could make a fool of yourself by asking that question. He's got a wicked sense of humor.
Then tell me why he let the dinos die in the flood.

Forum List

Back