If God's Flood was only a regional flood...

I believe that you should try wrapping your mind around that there was a major flood event that really did happen and don't read anything more than that into it if you really are agnostic. The real question is do you believe there is something which binds us together that is outside of us.
If you mean is there someone invisible babysitting us? I'd say it's still not proven. But not bloody likely! :biggrin:
No one is baby sitting you.

This is pretty simple, if you believe in reincarnation then you believe in an unseen and unknown force that exists in the universe and binds us, right?
No, I don't presume to know what kind of force(s) there are yet to be discovered in the universe. My ego isn't that big.
Then how in the world can you even hope to understand anything at all when you are unwilling to even make an effort?
I am still searching, unlike you who decided he knew everything, when you clearly don't, but you closed your mind anyways.
Bullshit. If you were searching then me telling you that the Tower of Babel was the account of the great migration from Mesopotamia would have given you pause. But instead you spouted off some meaningless interpretation.

You mean I don't read the allegorical accounts literally.
I mean you make shit up because you don't like what you read.
Like what? Like the Tower of Babel is the allegorical account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization? Which also was a historical event.
No it's not, the Tower of Babel represents the pride of mankind wanting to reach the heavens and be their own gods.
You are literally an idiot. The account of the Tower of Babel is the allegorical account of the great migration from Mesopotamia.
Not according to the University of Google. :biggrin:
The account of the great migration was captured 4500 years ago as symbols in the Chinese language and matches the account in genesis.

And let's not forget that history confirms it.

If you mean is there someone invisible babysitting us? I'd say it's still not proven. But not bloody likely! :biggrin:

This is pretty simple, if you believe in reincarnation then you believe in an unseen and unknown force that exists in the universe and binds us, right?
No, I don't presume to know what kind of force(s) there are yet to be discovered in the universe. My ego isn't that big.
Then how in the world can you even hope to understand anything at all when you are unwilling to even make an effort?
I am still searching, unlike you who decided he knew everything, when you clearly don't, but you closed your mind anyways.
Bullshit. If you were searching then me telling you that the Tower of Babel was the account of the great migration from Mesopotamia would have given you pause. But instead you spouted off some meaningless interpretation.
I'm not searching in a book of fairy tales. I'm searching the real world.

And my interpretation of the T of B is right on.

News flash, Taz, God didn't really scatter men. They recorded their tale that way. Dumbass.

I just showed you how it matched the real world, Taz.

I mean you make shit up because you don't like what you read.
Like what? Like the Tower of Babel is the allegorical account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization? Which also was a historical event.
No it's not, the Tower of Babel represents the pride of mankind wanting to reach the heavens and be their own gods.
You are literally an idiot. The account of the Tower of Babel is the allegorical account of the great migration from Mesopotamia.
The account of the great migration was captured 4500 years ago as symbols in the Chinese language and matches the account in genesis.

History confirms genesis? Um... no.

News flash, Taz, Genesis tells us that the universe had a beginning.

Science confirms it.

Again, I must have missed that part. :lmao:

History confirms genesis? Um... no.
The migration from the cradle of civilization was a historical event.

On purpose.

Science confirms it.
Genesis tells us that an invisible alien started the universe by saying "let there be light". Not proven at all by anyone, let alone science.

Btw, science says that light didn't come into being until around 400 million years after the Big Bang.

On purpose.
Have you ever gotten anyone to agree with anything you say? Just curious.

Science confirms it.
Genesis tells us that an invisible alien started the universe by saying "let there be light". Not proven at all by anyone, let alone science.

Btw, science says that light didn't come into being until around 400 million years after the Big Bang.
Genesis describes the beginning of creation which is space and time.

Not too shabby all things considered.

On purpose.
Only the honest ones.

Science confirms it.

Genesis describes the beginning of creation which is space and time.

Not too shabby all things considered.
You don't know if space and time existed before the BB. I think it could have and nobody has proven it either way.

On purpose.
Only the honest ones.
So that's a no. Got it. :lol:

...Then why would god order Noah to take 2 of every animal, if all the animals weren't going to drown because the flood wasn't worldwide as many posters here contend?

The only places that says Noah took 2 of every animal on the boat is the Bible. Using something from the Bible to try to prove another thing from the Bible is kinda circular.

And do you actually believe that Noah gather 2 of every species of land animal on to one boat?

...Then why would god order Noah to take 2 of every animal, if all the animals weren't going to drown because the flood wasn't worldwide as many posters here contend?

The only places that says Noah took 2 of every animal on the boat is the Bible. Using something from the Bible to try to prove another thing from the Bible is kinda circular.

And do you actually believe that Noah gather 2 of every species of land animal on to one boat?
I think you might have read his post incorrectly.

Forum List

Back