If he had had a gun, he would be alive today, hero of mass shooting should have had a gun...

There are other countries such as France that has much stricter gun laws than we do. (I even provided a link.)
The NRA wants to protect American citizens from these unfortunate events. Arming average citizens is part of the Second Amendment - Right to Bear Arms.

Second Amendment was about militias, not gun ownership.

These guys are NOT a well-regulated militia.

View attachment 259485

I don't think these people are going to ever stop...there are many loopholes in the laws already set. It seems that they don't want to enforce it to everyone...only to a few. And I think, that is why these people are getting away with this stuff. JMO

And Japan has almost no crime of any kind due to their culture and their police state....

So let's look at that. Japan is a "police state" according to you, but funny thing, they only lock up 67,000 people out of a population of 110 Million.

We lock up 2 million people out of 300 million.

WHich one is a police state again?

It seems you want peoples' rights removed by family, friends, employers, schools, etc.

Do you think people should pass that same background check before they buy a newspaper, book, computer?
How about before they can vote? voting is not an unalienable right.

When you can KILL someone with a book or a vote, THEN yeah, probably that would a pretty good idea.

If your family or friends or neighbors or school have a reasonable expectation that, "Hey, that guy's nuts, who knows what he'd do with a gun!" then maybe we don't let that guy have a gun.

And there you have it our rights dictated by mob rule.

This is why I stay away from people, let no one in my house, and even my wife doesn't know how many guns I have or where the one's she does know are.

I don't think these people are going to ever stop...there are many loopholes in the laws already set. It seems that they don't want to enforce it to everyone...only to a few. And I think, that is why these people are getting away with this stuff. JMO

No, guy, the reason why people are "getting away with stuff" is that the laws are weak and barely enforced.

The biggest blow to responsible gun selling was when Congress passed a law immunizing gun sellers from any liability for the actions of murderers no matter how irresponsible their actions.

This is why I stay away from people, let no one in my house, and even my wife doesn't know how many guns I have or where the one's she does know are.

Again, proving my point the best argument for gun control is an discussion with a gun nut. They very quickly out how nutty they are.

No, guy, the reason why people are "getting away with stuff" is that the laws are weak and barely enforced.

The biggest blow to responsible gun selling was when Congress passed a law immunizing gun sellers from any liability for the actions of murderers no matter how irresponsible their actions.

Again, proving my point the best argument for gun control is an discussion with a gun nut. They very quickly out how nutty they are.
Well you're half right and that's better than usual

We do not enforce gun laws.

Every person who is ineligible by law that possesses or attempts to possess a firearm is committing not only a state and local crime but also a federal crime.

Yet gun charges are usually the first to be dropped or pleaded down where they should be a multiplier.

Every person who is ineligible by law that possesses or attempts to possess a firearm is committing not only a state and local crime but also a federal crime.

Yet gun charges are usually the first to be dropped or pleaded down where they should be a multiplier.

They are usually dropped because more often than not, we don't have the jail space for bullshit.

I know this is hard for you to grasp, but we spend 90 Billion a year locking up 2 million people. (and another 7 million on probation and parole).

We simply can't afford to give people extra time for just having a gun.

They are usually dropped because more often than not, we don't have the jail space for bullshit.

I know this is hard for you to grasp, but we spend 90 Billion a year locking up 2 million people. (and another 7 million on probation and parole).

We simply can't afford to give people extra time for just having a gun.

We lock up the wrong people

We can and should lock up people who commit crimes with guns
We should not lock up people for things like drug possession and property crimes

We lock up the wrong people

We can and should lock up people who commit crimes with guns
We should not lock up people for things like drug possession and property crimes

Not sure if I want them out on the streets, either..

Point is, we lock up plenty of people. Locking them up isn't a deterrent.

I don't care if it's a deterrent

If violent assholes are in prison they can't victimize anyone can they?

The fact of the matter is that anyone illegally possessing a gun is committing a federal crime and since most gun crimes are committed with illegally obtained firearms by people who are legally barred from gun ownership therefore most criminals are committing not only State and local crimes but federal crimes as well. They should serve the federal time first then they should serve the state time.

The guy in jail for possessing pot isn't really a danger to you. The guy who illegally obtains a firearm is

The guy in jail for possessing pot isn't really a danger to you. The guy who illegally obtains a firearm is

The guy who legally obtains firearms is, too.

Hey, guess what, every last mass shooter gained his gun legally. Usually, afterward we find out they were as crazy as a shithouse rat, (Lanza, Holmes, Mercer, Cruz, etc.) but up until that point, they had every right to legally walk into a gun store, buy a shitload of guns, go out and kill a bunch of people.

The UNC Shooter,Trystan Andrew Terrell, purchased his gun legally. How do we stop things like THAT from happening, that's the topic of this thread.

The guy who legally obtains firearms is, too.

Hey, guess what, every last mass shooter gained his gun legally. Usually, afterward we find out they were as crazy as a shithouse rat, (Lanza, Holmes, Mercer, Cruz, etc.) but up until that point, they had every right to legally walk into a gun store, buy a shitload of guns, go out and kill a bunch of people.

The UNC Shooter,Trystan Andrew Terrell, purchased his gun legally. How do we stop things like THAT from happening, that's the topic of this thread.

A person legally obtaining firearms is far less likely to commit a crime with them

And I'm not obsessed with mass shootings as they do not contribute in any significant way to the murder or crime rate

A person legally obtaining firearms is far less likely to commit a crime with them

And I'm not obsessed with mass shootings as they do not contribute in any significant way to the murder or crime rate

No, of course you aren't. You are trying to distract attention from them, that's for sure. This thread is about a mass shooting that happened because a disturbed young man was able to walk into a gun store and guy a legal gun.

"but, but, but... most homicides aren't mass shootings'>

Yup.. Still committed with guns.

Forum List

Back