If I enter politics at $150k a year, and 20 years later I tell you I'm worth $120M, what do you say?

Just as an example, assuming I didn't enter politics with any noticeable wealth...

If you question how I earned that money on that salary, the next question is, "who is responsible for making sure I'm not selling influence and abusing my position?"

Well, I would say that you were a master at abusing your office for personal gain at the expense of the American people.

As long as you’re honest while you’re in the office and you do good for the country then who cares what you do once you’re no longer in office?

These crooks get rich WHILE they are in office.

Changes in Net Worth of U.S. Senators and Representatives (Personal Gain Index) - Ballotpedia

tell me how does a person making 175K a year increase his net worth by up to 73000% if he is an "honest politician?
Just as a note: The person with the 73000% increase, Chellie Pingree, was because she got married to someone who had considerable wealth.
That was an obvious outlier

but what about all the others ?

Did they all marry up too?
Not really sure, didn't look into it. Just thought that one was a bit odd.

Just as an example, assuming I didn't enter politics with any noticeable wealth...

If you question how I earned that money on that salary, the next question is, "who is responsible for making sure I'm not selling influence and abusing my position?"
I would say he's a thief

As long as you’re honest while you’re in the office and you do good for the country then who cares what you do once you’re no longer in office?

These crooks get rich WHILE they are in office.

Changes in Net Worth of U.S. Senators and Representatives (Personal Gain Index) - Ballotpedia

tell me how does a person making 175K a year increase his net worth by up to 73000% if he is an "honest politician?
Just as a note: The person with the 73000% increase, Chellie Pingree, was because she got married to someone who had considerable wealth.
That was an obvious outlier

but what about all the others ?

Did they all marry up too?

They are all out and out liars.

So again...if you have a mansion appraised at 25-50 million and then try to claim it is worth 270 million in order to defraud a bank into giving you a loan...is that a criminal act?

So again...if you have a mansion appraised at 25-50 million and then try to claim it is worth 270 million in order to defraud a bank into giving you a loan...is that a criminal act?
No response?

I wonder why...

Is there anything more crooked than the American political system?

Pretty much every political system on earth.

The problem isn't the American system, it's the system itself.
Yeah they all suck. Time to do something different.

Or, realize that no system is perfect, that any system is imperfect, that politicians will aggrandize themselves at the public trough.

The 'perfect system' is one that allows the rest of us to get on with our lives with enough money and freedom left over to get Netflix.

Is there anything more crooked than the American political system?

Pretty much every political system on earth.

The problem isn't the American system, it's the system itself.
Yeah they all suck. Time to do something different.

Or, realize that no system is perfect, that any system is imperfect, that politicians will aggrandize themselves at the public trough.

The 'perfect system' is one that allows the rest of us to get on with our lives with enough money and freedom left over to get Netflix.
Yeah that doesn’t work.

Let’s outlaw politicians altogether.

Of course they get rich selling influence. Often times it is paid through phoney speaking engagements or book deals, but they do it on the left and the right.

BC80997A-F27A-4FCC-84F5-616290306BE5.jpeg
9B5C1086-930B-4792-B6AD-1C77A740C2DC.jpeg

I don´t know what it is but it seems that people without noticeable wealth somehow don´t enter politics.

That's an idiotic statement. Eisenhower had no wealth, neither did Nixon or Lincoln. Reagan had no money before or after he was President, even the Lying Cocksucker in Chief (obama) had little money. More than some but hardly wealthy (Dreams by Bill Ayers and no-show jobs for the Sasquatch). Clinton was all but broke until Ubercunt miraculously turned $1,000 into $100k in less than 4 weeks. (it's called 'parking' for you idiot dimocrap scum)

Men of modest means are less likely to get into politics because, well, it's kinda hard to hold down a full-time job and campaign 24-7-365.

But to think that only the wealthy run for office and win is idiotic.

You’re not really up on the facts there sport-

839AB020-2539-4CD6-958B-2FB70930B077.jpeg
4452F8DE-0DBF-44A1-98B2-E429B23BC39A.jpeg

Forum List

Back