Zone1 If I had not been raised Catholic... it would have been a disaster

Not what you asked. You asked where you said that

You should know that if I quote someone I ALWAYS use the quote function
If you can't produce the quote I made that you misinterpreted, it's because you know you misquoted it and can't back up what you claimed. Rather than going 15 rounds it would be faster if you just admitted your error now.

If you can't produce the quote I made that you misinterpreted, it's because you know you misquoted it and can't back up what you claimed. Rather than going 15 rounds it would be faster if you just admitted your error now.
Wow you can't figure out what post I was talking about even though I responded to it and it was quoted at the top of my response.

Saying "That's God" is not the same thing as saying "it's [my] God that makes people want to be good."

Like I said when I challenged you, you missed the nuance.

Of course it is. If a god makes you do something it means there is no free will.

Unlike you I actually think people have free will.
So do I. You just keep misstating my position.

I guess that's because you are an atheist. See? That's what it feels like to be misstated.

You don't possess the proper disposition for conversations like this.

I don't believe that.
But you keep saying it. Or at least that's what you are saying I am saying. Which I'm not and have repeatedly told you so. So it must be that you believe God makes us do things.

It's perfectly consistent for an atheist to not believe God makes us do things. After all... they don't believe God exists in the first place. It's also perfectly consistent for an atheist to continue to misstate the beliefs of believers because they can't make honest arguments.

But you keep saying it. Or at least that's what you are saying I am saying. Which I'm not and have repeatedly told you so. So it must be that you believe God makes us do things.

It's perfectly consistent for an atheist to not believe God makes us do things. After all... they don't believe God exists in the first place. It's also perfectly consistent for an atheist to continue to misstate the beliefs of believers because they can't make honest arguments.
No I don't believe gods make me do anything.

And once again I am not an atheist.

I sit firmly in the agnostic camp. I do not know if gods exist or not. If they do I do not think they are the god of the religious texts of the desert religions.

But I also don't care if gods exist or not which I have repeatedly told you.

And if you believe in free will then your god cannot make you do things.

You must choose to do them. But then again if you think your god is omniscient and knows what everyone will do then you have to accept you have no free will

No I don't believe gods make me do anything.

And once again I am not an atheist.

I sit firmly in the agnostic camp. I do not know if gods exist or not. If they do I do not think they are the god of the religious texts of the desert religions.

But I also don't care if gods exist or not which I have repeatedly told you.

And if you believe in free will then your god cannot make you do things.

You must choose to do them. But then again if you think your god is omniscient and knows what everyone will do then you have to accept you have no free will
And yet you can't get rid of your preference for good over evil. Amazing.

And yet you can't get rid of your preference for good over evil. Amazing.

That has nothing to do with gods.

That has to do with the choices I make for myself for my own reasons.

I don't do what I do because I fear some eternal punishment or because I crave some eternal reward. I do what i do because that is the kind of life I want to live in the short time I am on this planet.

Whether or not I acknowledge or worship a god plays no part in it.

Whether or not I worship gods that may or may not exist has absolutely no effect on my quality of life or my choices of behaviors.

That has nothing to do with gods.

That has to do with the choices I make for myself for my own reasons.

I don't do what I do because I fear some eternal punishment or because I crave some eternal reward. I do what i do because that is the kind of life I want to live in the short time I am on this planet.

Whether or not I acknowledge or worship a god plays no part in it.

Whether or not I worship gods that may or may not exist has absolutely no effect on my quality of life or my choices of behaviors.
Statistically it is unlikely that everyone would be the same way. So... it's not just you that prefers good over evil or rationalizes they didn't do evil when they did. It's everyone.

Statistically it is unlikely that everyone would be the same way. So... it's not just you that prefers good over evil or rationalizes they didn't do evil when they did. It's everyone.
I don't rationalize any of my behavior because I don't have to.

And not everyone prefers good over evil and not to the same degree because good and evil are subjective

Forum List

Back