Zone1 If I had not been raised Catholic... it would have been a disaster

sure we do.

Serial killers, serial rapists, career criminals.

Various other sociopaths
But they do it for their own good; their own pleasure. Which is exactly why you do things; to get pleasure or avoid pain.

So then you think there is no such thing as free will
Of course their is free will. Just like there are motivations for actions and behaviors. Atheism proceeds on the basis that the needs of individuals and society in general do not go beyond the satisfaction of material needs and primitive instincts. Atheists see no distinction between good and evil, no morality or any other kind of value, save pleasure. But it is their persistent preference for good over evil which tells us they have no choice in the matter. That's God's law of compensation at work.

He also said to be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect.
And no one can be perfect without CHRIST, w/o being IN Him

and no one can be IN Christ (where His Real, tangible Presence abides... [though He may have left some of them?])

unless he or she is IN Christ's Church.

He only established ONE.

I know you probably know that, but I wrote this for those who don't...

But they do it for their own good; their own pleasure. Which is exactly why you do things; to get pleasure or avoid pain.

Makes no difference.

No one does "good" for "good's" sake either

All behavior is a choice.

Of course their is free will. Just like there are motivations for actions and behaviors. Atheism proceeds on the basis that the needs of individuals and society in general do not go beyond the satisfaction of material needs and primitive instincts. Atheists see no distinction between good and evil, no morality or any other kind of value, save pleasure. But it is their persistent preference for good over evil which tells us they have no choice in the matter. That's God's law of compensation at work.

You contradict yourself.

You said it's your god that makes people want to be good that is a denial of free will.

Tell me do you think your god is omniscient?

If you do then you are denying there is free will there too.

Good and evil are subjective always have been always will be and the Tao teaches that you cannot have good without evil or evil without good so IOW when you name the 'good" you create the "evil"

And if you were right about atheists, and you're not, then all murders, rapists etc would be atheists and we know that's not true.

In fact humanism requires no religion at all and people who subscribe to that school put a high value on humanity which is nothing but another way to say morals.

Last edited:
CORRECTION

In Post 44 I meant to say maybe Jesus has left SOME Catholic Churches. I don't have any substantial evidence of such but Jesus obviously can be wherever He wants

Makes no difference.

No one does "good" for "good's" sake either

All behavior is a choice.
Sure they do. Everyone does good for the sake of their own good. You can't choose to abandon the concept of good and evil so apparently not.

You contradict yourself.

You said it's your god that makes people want to be good that is a denial of free will.

Tell me do you think your god is omniscient?

If you do then you are denying there is free will there too.

Good and evil are subjective always have been always will be and the Tao teaches that you cannot have good without evil or evil without good so IOW when you name the 'good" you create the "evil"

And if you were right about atheists, and you're not, then all murders, rapists etc would be atheists and we know that's not true.

In fact humanism requires no religion at all and people who subscribe to that school put a high value on humanity which is nothing but another way to say morals.
That's not exactly what I said. Try again. You missed the nuance.

Sure they do. Everyone does good for the sake of their own good. You can't choose to abandon the concept of good and evil so apparently not.

doing good for the sake of good means you get nothing from it

Why would you believe that? Is that a common belief in atheism?
I'm not an atheists and the words in the sentence tell you that.

Doing good for the sake of good is not the same as doing good to make you feel better

No one does good for the sake of good just like no one does evil for the sake of evil

I'm not an atheists and the words in the sentence tell you that.

Doing good for the sake of good is not the same as doing good to make you feel better

No one does good for the sake of good just like no one does evil for the sake of evil
That's news to me that you aren't an atheist. When did that change.

Everyone does things for their own good. Everyone. That's doing good for the sake of good. No one does things for the sake of evil.

That's news to me that you aren't an atheist. When did that change.

Everyone does things for their own good. Everyone. That's doing good for the sake of good. No one does things for the sake of evil.

It didn't. You just have the memory of a goldfish

So you were interpreting me? Can you show me what I wrote that you interpreted that way. Because it's not right.

Not what you asked. You asked where you said that

You should know that if I quote someone I ALWAYS use the quote function

Forum List

Back