If man evolved from monkeys, where are the monkeys that half-evolved into men?

Certainly, there ought to be a species of monkey that had half-evolved into a man, maybe half as smart as men, maybe able to read and write simple sentences, or able to drive a car or ride a horse?

But there is no such species as a half-man, half-monkey.

True, they have been able to teach sign language to apes, but it takes a great deal of human effort to do this, and you must feed apes constantly to keep them interested.

A human baby does not need treats to motivate it to learn, it is motivated by the learning process itself.
There's one. Every look in a mirror?

They all have the same genetic code. The differences are simply which codes are dominant.

No, they all have variations in their genetic code. Two organisms with the exact same genetic codes are called twins. You're saying that all music is identical because they all contain the same set of musical notes. The difference lies in how those notes are arranged.

But, if you believe in a human origin from a single pair of humans ... how is it that their DNA isn't prevalent in all their human descendants? If Adam and Eve were black, for example, where did Asians come from, or the Swedes?
I'm a 6-2 blonde Viking. In my DNA there is also code for me to be a 5-1 Asian. It's all just a matter of which ones are dominate.
Someone has no idea, but learned the words dominate & recessive in dumb dumb biology class.

They all have the same genetic code. The differences are simply which codes are dominant.

No, they all have variations in their genetic code. Two organisms with the exact same genetic codes are called twins. You're saying that all music is identical because they all contain the same set of musical notes. The difference lies in how those notes are arranged.

But, if you believe in a human origin from a single pair of humans ... how is it that their DNA isn't prevalent in all their human descendants? If Adam and Eve were black, for example, where did Asians come from, or the Swedes?
I'm a 6-2 blonde Viking. In my DNA there is also code for me to be a 5-1 Asian. It's all just a matter of which ones are dominate.
Someone has no idea, but learned the words dominate & recessive in dumb dumb biology class.
Learn.

In practice, active stretches of DNA must be copied as a similar message molecule called RNA. The words in the RNA then need to be "read" to produce the proteins, which are themselves stretches of words made up of a different alphabet, the amino acid alphabet. Nobel laureates Linus Pauling, who discerned the structure of proteins, and James Watson and Francis Crick, who later deciphered the helical structure of DNA, helped us to understand this "Central Dogma" of heredity--that the DNA code turns into an RNA message that has the ability to organize 20 amino acids into a complex protein: DNA -> RNA -> Protein.

To understand how this all comes together, consider the trait for blue eyes. DNA for a blue-eyes gene is copied as a blue-eyes RNA message. That message is then translated into the blue protein pigments found in the cells of the eye. For every trait we have--eye color, skin color and so on--there is a gene or group of genes that controls the trait by producing first the message and then the protein. Sperm cells and eggs cells are specialized to carry DNA in such a way that, at fertilization, a new individual with traits from both its mother and father is created.

How are traits passed on through DNA?

What are Dominant and Recessive?

Learn.

In practice, active stretches of DNA must be copied as a similar message molecule called RNA. The words in the RNA then need to be "read" to produce the proteins, which are themselves stretches of words made up of a different alphabet, the amino acid alphabet. Nobel laureates Linus Pauling, who discerned the structure of proteins, and James Watson and Francis Crick, who later deciphered the helical structure of DNA, helped us to understand this "Central Dogma" of heredity--that the DNA code turns into an RNA message that has the ability to organize 20 amino acids into a complex protein: DNA -> RNA -> Protein.

To understand how this all comes together, consider the trait for blue eyes. DNA for a blue-eyes gene is copied as a blue-eyes RNA message. That message is then translated into the blue protein pigments found in the cells of the eye. For every trait we have--eye color, skin color and so on--there is a gene or group of genes that controls the trait by producing first the message and then the protein. Sperm cells and eggs cells are specialized to carry DNA in such a way that, at fertilization, a new individual with traits from both its mother and father is created.

How are traits passed on through DNA?

What are Dominant and Recessive?
LOL, I'm sure you "think" you have a point.

What is it?

When you grow up and your blonde hair turns gray, does that mean your blonde is no longer dominate?

smirk

Bonus smirk

If you piss off God and sin, is it possible you will wake up the next day as a 5-1 Asian?

What's interesting here is that all I've done is politely ask questions, and for that, I am condemned as stupid and uneducated. Is this the way you teach your children when they ask you questions?
You are asking questions that frankly... Even my children don't ask. They have a better understanding of the fudamentals, than to ask about monkey-man hybrids, or people evolving from monkeys, and other such nonsense.

MindWars posted a thread about his. Maybe its in science. Not sure but he was way off the track with it.

Enough of this. I gonna go read a book.
Indeed corvids are very smart. When I've shot crows, the rest remember the incident and avoid the area. They even recognize an armed person versus an unarmed person. And don't even get me started on the blue ones that harrass the song birds at my feeder... I make no distintion between them and crows. They both get the same "hospitality".

Its illegal to shoot them.

And a lot more fun to find a way to coexist with them.

Non-human animals do what non-human animals do.
Humans have choices other animals do not.
So I've heard...
Interestingly... They are miscategorized as migratory "songbirds". That's just horseshit. They are nothing more than crows with fancy paint jobs as far as I'm concerned. While I can admire their intelligence; the presence of corvids on my property is not tolerated. Most people don't even know that they are corvids. If they did, silly laws wouldn't exist that prevent people from securing their bird feeders.

JMO
If they are very intelligent that should be why we protect them. Same reason we leave whales and dolphins alone.

I love crow now that I know they are one of the smartest animals. Crazy. Why them not the eagle?
Crows are legal to shoot. And perfectly edible. They are not the Corvids luddy was saying was illegal to shoot.

Just saw this and yes, its legal to shoot crows but the restrictions/provisions vary from state to state and are different than those concerning other birds.

OK, maybe it's not accurate to say men evolved from monkeys. But all members of the primate family are cousins to the homo sapiens species, is that not accurate?

And if that is so, why is there such a wide gap between the intelligence of humans and the intelligence of the other primates?

Why is there no primate race that can drive an automobile, or ride a horse, or work with tools?

Why is there such a diversity among plant and animal species in identical climates close by separated by deep water?

OK, maybe it's not accurate to say men evolved from monkeys. But all members of the primate family are cousins to the homo sapiens species, is that not accurate?

And if that is so, why is there such a wide gap between the intelligence of humans and the intelligence of the other primates?

Why is there no primate race that can drive an automobile, or ride a horse, or work with tools?

Why is there such a diversity among plant and animal species in identical climates close by separated by deep water?
Diversity? Which mammal has 6 legs and a pair of eyes in the back of its head and two hearts and 6 lungs?

Diversity? Which mammal has 6 legs and a pair of eyes in the back of its head and two hearts and 6 lungs?
You missed that one. Ok island A. Has plant, bug, bird, and animal Y. It is only a few miles from island B, that has plant, bug, bird, and animal animal X. Both islands are seperated by an under water trench. Same climate, current, water, etc. how do you explain the diversity of life between the 2 islands?

You missed that one. Ok island A. Has plant, bug, bird, and animal Y. It is only a few miles from island B, that has plant, bug, bird, and animal animal X. Both islands are seperated by an under water trench. Same climate, current, water, etc. how do you explain the diversity of life between the 2 islands?
Life adapts quickly

IMG_6847.JPG

Life adapts quickly

View attachment 138474
So life adapts, but doesn't evolve?

Life adapts quickly

View attachment 138474
Correct. A moths wings may get darker but it's still going to be a moth.

Tell me this. Why should something change into another species? Answer - improve its chances at survival. Then why no changes in many creatures said to be millions of years old? They are far from being optimized creatures.

Life adapts quickly

View attachment 138474

Tell me this. Why should something change into another species? Answer - improve its chances at survival. Then why no changes in many creatures said to be millions of years old? They are far from being optimized creatures.
Unless they fill a niche, then they are optimized animals, not apex predators but they have survived for millions of years.

Life adapts quickly

View attachment 138474

Unless they fill a niche, then they are optimized animals, not apex predators but they have survived for millions of years.
Everything always fills a niche. But there are always predators.

It's because species do not change into other species.

Life adapts quickly

View attachment 138474

Until they do, when some caticlismic event kills off the dominant life and the more fit life take over, then the process starts over again. Why is fossil records change up so much after these caticlismic events? We see small creatures dominate, then big creatures dominate, then small ones again, reptiles dominate, fish dominate, birds dominate, then mammals dominate.

Certainly, there ought to be a species of monkey that had half-evolved into a man, maybe half as smart as men, maybe able to read and write simple sentences, or able to drive a car or ride a horse?

But there is no such species as a half-man, half-monkey.

True, they have been able to teach sign language to apes, but it takes a great deal of human effort to do this, and you must feed apes constantly to keep them interested.

A human baby does not need treats to motivate it to learn, it is motivated by the learning process itself.

Are you really this stupid? You can't possibly have made it through law school.

LOL
iu

Life adapts quickly

View attachment 138474

And also that still doesn't explain the island scenario, it's not same species with different adaptations, were talking totally different types of life

Life adapts quickly

View attachment 138474

So how do you explain the diversity of life on earth?

If species did not evolve from other species- where did they come from?

Why are there Galapagos tortoises in the Galapagos- but not in Peru? Why are there kangaroos in Australia- but not in South America?

Forum List

Back