If more guns makes a country safer

My gun makes me safer under specific conditions.

I'm not really concerned with making you safer.
You will more likely be killed by your own gun.

Just like you will be more likely to get killed in your own car, or get killed in your own swimming pool.

You people on the left are constantly telling us how drugs should be legal, and for those that kill themselves with the drugs, that's their problem. But when it comes to guns, make guns illegal so you don't irresponsibly accidentally kill yourself with it.
True someone can go on a rampage and throw bunch of pills and kill dozens.
Dude the world is laughing at you, more guns more deaths.....why are you so thick ?

When a person sells another drugs, it kills other people.
Apples and oranges. How can one use the drugs in a moment of anger to harm others like guns?
Because of millions of guns in the US there are thousands of deaths, school shootings, domestic homicides and so much more than other countries with less or no guns ? How did i know , I've lived in one and visited many with hardly any guns.
In some countries a gun incident is a national news story for days, in the US is a meh!!!

We also have a high amount of auto deaths compared to other countries as well, because we have more automobiles than all the others. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

If you take a nice safe middle-class suburb, write a law that all residents must own a firearm, their murder rate won't change one iota. Now go to a high crime lower income neighborhood, and make all guns illegal there. Their murder rate will continue to be high.

If you take away guns, they'll use cars. Take away cars, they'll use bombs. Take away bombs, they'll use clubs. Take away clubs, they'll use knives.

After murder rate passes NYC, London Mayor Sadiq Khan calls for sharper knife control

Just like you will be more likely to get killed in your own car, or get killed in your own swimming pool.

You people on the left are constantly telling us how drugs should be legal, and for those that kill themselves with the drugs, that's their problem. But when it comes to guns, make guns illegal so you don't irresponsibly accidentally kill yourself with it.
Dude the world is laughing at you, more guns more deaths.....why are you so thick ?

Apples and oranges. How can one use the drugs in a moment of anger to harm others like guns?
Because of millions of guns in the US there are thousands of deaths, school shootings, domestic homicides and so much more than other countries with less or no guns ? How did i know , I've lived in one and visited many with hardly any guns.
In some countries a gun incident is a national news story for days, in the US is a meh!!!

We also have a high amount of auto deaths compared to other countries as well, because we have more automobiles than all the others. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

If you take a nice safe middle-class suburb, write a law that all residents must own a firearm, their murder rate won't change one iota. Now go to a high crime lower income neighborhood, and make all guns illegal there. Their murder rate will continue to be high.

If you take away guns, they'll use cars. Take away cars, they'll use bombs. Take away bombs, they'll use clubs. Take away clubs, they'll use knives.

After murder rate passes NYC, London Mayor Sadiq Khan calls for sharper knife control

Okay, we take your advice. All Citizens are required to be armed at all times. Welcome to 1870 and wonder why many Western Towns and Cities banned carrying firearms inside of City Limits in 1871. Yes, let's get rid of the Run Regulations, all of them. And require all Citizens to be armed at all times (that, in itself is gun regulations).

I can see it now. Sandbags all the way out to my Mailbox with the rest of the family having to give cover fire just so I can check my mail.

Okay, we take your advice. All Citizens are required to be armed at all times. Welcome to 1870 and wonder why many Western Towns and Cities banned carrying firearms inside of City Limits in 1871. Yes, let's get rid of the Run Regulations, all of them. And require all Citizens to be armed at all times (that, in itself is gun regulations).

I can see it now. Sandbags all the way out to my Mailbox with the rest of the family having to give cover fire just so I can check my mail.
You lot have made the wild west claim for 20 years now. Every time a State allows carry or allows more unrestricted carry or open carry. NOT ONCE in 20 years has that claim panned out NOT ONCE.

Of course that's the way it will be. Because people don't become evil on their own. They were otherwise taxpaying law abiding citizens; that was until they got a gun in their hands.

Once a person gets a gun in their hands, they become psycho. The run around shooting anything that moves, even commit mass murders. Without a gun, they would have just stayed home and watched old reruns of Columbo.

For the people that keep their sanity, the guns sneak out in the middle of the night and shoot people at random. The owner was irresponsible because he or she left their guns unlocked, and we all know what guns do when you don't restrict them from acting on their own.

I lived through similar stories in my state about sandbags to your mailbox. The left created these scenarios when we adopted CCW laws. They created them again when we allowed CCW holders to be armed in their vehicles. They did it again when we allowed CCW holders to carry in large public places like arenas or stadiums. They did it again when they predicted drunks shooting each other in the street because we allowed them to carry in places like Applebees where alcohol is served.

Guess what? None of their predictions ever came true.

Funny you should bring up NYC. It has one of the lowest Violent Crime Rates in the Nation including Violent Gun Crimes. With a rate of 2.4 per 100K, that's right down there with MOST Rural areas. I already posted that cite on that so you can scream "Cite, Cite, Cite" til you are blue in the face on this one. You are just as likely to get shot and killed in upstate Vermont as you are in down town NYC. Next time, I suggest you pick another city when you go to spin a yarn that you haven't researched. Who knows, you might accidently get it right for a change.

The last bombing attempt was done by a Rightwinger and he sent pipe bombs to left wingers. he just didn't send the triggers with them so they didn't go off. Your Bomb crap is right up there with Election Fraud where the most likely Voter Fraud for 2016 and 2018 was done by Republican Party Members who were bagged with post election audits. You know, the thing that you Republicans want to underfund.

Of course that's the way it will be. Because people don't become evil on their own. They were otherwise taxpaying law abiding citizens; that was until they got a gun in their hands.

Once a person gets a gun in their hands, they become psycho. The run around shooting anything that moves, even commit mass murders. Without a gun, they would have just stayed home and watched old reruns of Columbo.

For the people that keep their sanity, the guns sneak out in the middle of the night and shoot people at random. The owner was irresponsible because he or she left their guns unlocked, and we all know what guns do when you don't restrict them from acting on their own.

I lived through similar stories in my state about sandbags to your mailbox. The left created these scenarios when we adopted CCW laws. They created them again when we allowed CCW holders to be armed in their vehicles. They did it again when we allowed CCW holders to carry in large public places like arenas or stadiums. They did it again when they predicted drunks shooting each other in the street because we allowed them to carry in places like Applebees where alcohol is served.

Most won't go that direction. But some will. But the some will be enough to make it dangerous for the rest of us where our streets become shooting ranges. And as for predictions, welcome to history repeating itself.

when you show us that someone advocates allowing us to own AA guns then you would have a point but no one has done such a thing so your point is irrelevant and absurd along with the rest of your argument
when you are reduced to using such hyperbole to make your argument you have lost the argument

I use that as an example to point out that there has to be a limit. And who determines that limit? We can't depend on individuals to determine their own limits since some just don't have any limits of any kind. So we need to determine a limit by society. And the way Society determine limits is through laws.
the limits were set by the DC vs Heller decision all guns are protected that are "in common use at the time" which includes the AR-15

No, Heller V covered on Handguns for the Home. You are reading into it. The word "Normal" comes into play here. And the courts are ruling that in many cases the AR does not fall under the definition of "Normal" nor does a 30, 50 or 100 round mag and have used Heller V to allow laws to stand that limits these things. You want that changed, I suggest you get the 2nd amendment changed to be more specific. The way it's written, it's left if up to the Courts and the States.
In all cases a semiautomatic rifle falls under the definition of normal in regards to firearms

All an AR 15 is is a semiautomatic rifle
In your opinion, not as a fact of law.

Only the possession of handguns enjoys Constitutional protections, not the possession of semi-automatic rifles and carbines – regardless their appearance, configuration, or design.

Current Second Amendment case law holds that a fully automatic M 16 is dangerous and unusual, falling outside of the scope of the Second Amendment. The case law further holds that because an AR 15 is similar enough to an M 16, it is likewise beyond the scope of the Second Amendment; that the former is semi-automatic only and the latter is select fire being legally irrelevant.

Now, we can agree that such a holding is ignorant and wrong – but that doesn’t change the fact of law.

The problem is a Supreme Court unwilling to hear and rule on an AWB case to make a final determination as to the Constitutional status of the AR 15 – be it ‘dangerous and unusual’ or ‘in common use.’
And that is your opinion

The fact is that an AR 15 is not similar to an M 16 in anything other than appearance

Functionality an AR 15 is no different than any other semiautomatic rifle that has been used by civilians for over a century

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Most won't go that direction. But some will. But the some will be enough to make it dangerous for the rest of us where our streets become shooting ranges. And as for predictions, welcome to history repeating itself.
You have a 99.997 chance of not getting murdered by a person with a gun

Your prediction of gunfights in the streets is pure bullshit

We’re interested in what makes us all safer. Background checks and maybe we don’t allow people to buy assault weapons and wmds

I use that as an example to point out that there has to be a limit. And who determines that limit? We can't depend on individuals to determine their own limits since some just don't have any limits of any kind. So we need to determine a limit by society. And the way Society determine limits is through laws.
the limits were set by the DC vs Heller decision all guns are protected that are "in common use at the time" which includes the AR-15

No, Heller V covered on Handguns for the Home. You are reading into it. The word "Normal" comes into play here. And the courts are ruling that in many cases the AR does not fall under the definition of "Normal" nor does a 30, 50 or 100 round mag and have used Heller V to allow laws to stand that limits these things. You want that changed, I suggest you get the 2nd amendment changed to be more specific. The way it's written, it's left if up to the Courts and the States.
In all cases a semiautomatic rifle falls under the definition of normal in regards to firearms

All an AR 15 is is a semiautomatic rifle
In your opinion, not as a fact of law.

Only the possession of handguns enjoys Constitutional protections, not the possession of semi-automatic rifles and carbines – regardless their appearance, configuration, or design.

Current Second Amendment case law holds that a fully automatic M 16 is dangerous and unusual, falling outside of the scope of the Second Amendment. The case law further holds that because an AR 15 is similar enough to an M 16, it is likewise beyond the scope of the Second Amendment; that the former is semi-automatic only and the latter is select fire being legally irrelevant.

Now, we can agree that such a holding is ignorant and wrong – but that doesn’t change the fact of law.

The problem is a Supreme Court unwilling to hear and rule on an AWB case to make a final determination as to the Constitutional status of the AR 15 – be it ‘dangerous and unusual’ or ‘in common use.’
And that is your opinion

The fact is that an AR 15 is not similar to an M 16 in anything other than appearance

Functionality an AR 15 is no different than any other semiautomatic rifle that has been used by civilians for over a century

Used for what? Mass shootings?

We’re interested in what makes us all safer. Background checks and maybe we don’t allow people to buy assault weapons and wmds
Safety is an illusion

Correct. I leave my door wall open all the time. All it would take to prove you right is for three guys to storm in here and rape me and I’ll never have that illusion again.

Safety is an illusion

Correct. I leave my door wall open all the time. All it would take to prove you right is for three guys to storm in here and rape me and I’ll never have that illusion again.
If you don't lock your doors then you are an idiot

Safety is an illusion

I live in a safe community and I’m a man

Safety is an illusion

My brothers home up north Michigan in the country we don’t lock the door yet. Too many builders coming and going.

It depends where you live but anything could happen anywhere in America. Ever seen the movie deliverance?

Safety is an illusion

My brothers home up north Michigan in the country we don’t lock the door yet. Too many builders coming and going.

It depends where you live but anything could happen anywhere in America. Ever seen the movie deliverance?
It only takes once

All guns are weapons of mass destruction. The problem is people with very little knowledge of guns don't understand that.

And yet history has not repeated itself. Most (if not all states) have carry permits for guns, and that's been a growing trend for some time now. Even more states are catering to the victim instead of the attacker like many did years ago.

But with all these new carriers in public, all these new guns, gun and violent crime declined since the early 90's. The one interruption in that trend was the Ferguson Effect, where police gave up on being proactive in crime, and only went to people who had a complaint. But even that is old now and we're back on the decline.

Remember too how diverse of a country we are. If you take away the shootings and crimes involving guns with minorities, we are pretty much in line with many other countries who do have bans on guns. Proof positive that it's the people who are the problem, not the criminal tools they use for their crimes.

Forum List

Back