If Obama withhold SocSec check, will he be impeached?

Nice try. Though I'm not sure if your dishonest or stupid I'll try to explain. Individual states manage the TANF program, they receive money based on a public law passed by the Congress and signed by the president. States apply for the grant money and recieve ti to provide funding for the programs the state develops. Those who participate in a program approved by Health & Human Services recieve a check from the state on monies allocated by the Congress. The Feds have nothing to do with the distribution.
And, btw, the money Congress authorized for this PL comes from taxpayers who reside in the states.

But the money comes from the Federal Government. So if they don't supply the money to the States the States cannot give out welfare payments.

I am neither dishonest or stupid, the point remains that Mr Obama is using this in a lame attempt to scare seniors.

Or he's giving seniors a heads up that the Republican radicals in the House are actually planning a default and Obama's doing the correct thing in warning them to be prudent as no one knows what will happen.

You fucking liar!

Obama is threatening our Seniors

Did crusaderfrank and stepanie run away? Without so much as a thank you for educating them (is that possible?) that TANF checks are not issued by the US Treasury and their attack on President Obama was based on ignorance and - dare I say - partisan bias.

LOL, you did nothing.
The question was, why did Obama CHOOSE to use seniors and SS checks.

INSTEAD of saying. I CAN'T QUARANTEE THAT WELFARE checks WILL GO OUT.

most people know the answer, but you all just want to DEFLECT from that.

You really are dumb. I suggest you study the theory of holes. Since the US Treasury does NOT send out Welfare Checks the President would have no reason to suggest, "I can't guarantee welfare checks will go out".

You have done a great job explaining this. Anybody that doesn't understand it now is hopeless.

If Obama withhold SocSec checks as he threatened, he should be immediately removed from office -- by force if necessary.

Our Seniors have paid into the "Trust Fund" their entire lives and the vast majority of them have come to depend on that check, some for their very survival. A short while ago, Obama made an outrageous, stunning threat that he will withhold delivery of the checks unless he gets his way with Congress. Obama's demands have NOTHING to do with delivering funds to our seniors.

NOTHING!

Bernie Madoff is in prison for abusing funds entrusted to him and if Obama makes good on his threat to starve our elderly, he should be cellmates with Bernie.
One can only hope.

Don't be stupid, Stephanie. The ridiculous notion that everybody on welfare is looking for a free ride is just plain idiotic. But that's what the right wing thinks. Bunch of dopes.

wtf? that is NOT what I asked you.
I asked, WHY did the Obama choose to USE SS checks INSTEAD OF SAYING, we can't guarantee WELFARE CHECKS WILL GO OUT.

How the hell do I know?? If the government shuts down, there will be no checks for ANYBODY!!! Don't you get that??? Must everything be spelled out for you??? Never mind. The answer is yes.

Which brings me back to my original comment. People like you just think everybody on welfare is a fraud. It pisses me off. Obama did not mention federal workers, the military, veteren's benefits, and lots of other things. So what??? Why do Welfare Checks concern you so much?? Did he say he would make them a total exception?? No.

Maybe it's just subliminal racism on your part. That's what I think. After all, welfare checks equals lazy African-Americans in your narrow world. You are so trasnsparent, Steph.

Ahhhhh... the race card. Aka... " I got nutt'n"

:lol:

But the money comes from the Federal Government. So if they don't supply the money to the States the States cannot give out welfare payments.

I am neither dishonest or stupid, the point remains that Mr Obama is using this in a lame attempt to scare seniors.

Or he's giving seniors a heads up that the Republican radicals in the House are actually planning a default and Obama's doing the correct thing in warning them to be prudent as no one knows what will happen.

You fucking liar!

You seriously need to grow up.

When a Presiedent uses fear to get what HE wants, it is time for that President to step down.

Supporting Poor Single Mothers: Gender and Race in the U.S. Welfare State
STEPHANIE MOLLER: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill [email protected].

Abstract

This article examines the uneven welfare support accorded to Black and white women at the end of the twentieth century. The author analyzes the generosity of Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) benefits in the 48 contiguous U.S. states in 1970, 1980, and 1990 to determine if the state is less supportive of Black than white women. The author argues that the race-biased policies and procedures implemented with the inception and expansion of the welfare state remained throughout the program, resulting in uneven levels of support for Black and white families. More specifically, the author demonstrates that the generosity of AFDC is lower in states with a larger proportion of Black single mothers and higher in states with a larger proportion of white single mothers. These findings are relevant in the current period because such institutionalized race inequalities perpetuate white privilege and Black women's poverty.

Supporting Poor Single Mothers

LOL, you did nothing.

You really are dumb. I suggest you study the theory of holes. Since the US Treasury does NOT send out Welfare Checks the President would have no reason to suggest, "I can't guarantee welfare checks will go out".

You have done a great job explaining this. Anybody that doesn't understand it now is hopeless.

So that part about Federal Grants for the states to actually make these payments means nothing? What is hopeless is that Obama decided to use fear tactics on our senior citizens, and all of the normal obamabots are defending him.

STEPHANIE MOLLER: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill [email protected].

Abstract

This article examines the uneven welfare support accorded to Black and white women at the end of the twentieth century. The author analyzes the generosity of Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) benefits in the 48 contiguous U.S. states in 1970, 1980, and 1990 to determine if the state is less supportive of Black than white women. The author argues that the race-biased policies and procedures implemented with the inception and expansion of the welfare state remained throughout the program, resulting in uneven levels of support for Black and white families. More specifically, the author demonstrates that the generosity of AFDC is lower in states with a larger proportion of Black single mothers and higher in states with a larger proportion of white single mothers. These findings are relevant in the current period because such institutionalized race inequalities perpetuate white privilege and Black women's poverty.

Nice try Jake, but you can't read the full article. Interesting that the author teaches a course called "Social inequalities" though...

Did crusaderfrank and stepanie run away? Without so much as a thank you for educating them (is that possible?) that TANF checks are not issued by the US Treasury and their attack on President Obama was based on ignorance and - dare I say - partisan bias.

LOL, you did nothing.

OMG!!! Wry Catcher, she's all yours. My blood pressure can't take it.

Sorry, but I don't WANT either of ya. and you need a chill pill?:lol:

Most people UNDERSTAND exactly why HE USED seniors...nothing you say can deny that, so DON'T BOTHER.

Last edited:

Abstract

Nice try Jake, but you can't read the full article. Interesting that the author teaches a course called "Social inequalities" though...

The abstract tells you what the article is about and what the author demonstrates. The point is that race is part of this question, and the majority attempts to ignore, unsuccessfully, that white welfare mothers far outnumber black welfare numbers.

Abstract

The abstract tells you what the article is about and what the author demonstrates. The point is that race is part of this question, and the majority attempts to ignore, unsuccessfully, that white welfare mothers far outnumber black welfare numbers.

So lets take some numbers then. Remember these numbers are made up.
There are 10,000 single mothers.

How many would typically be white and how many would be minorities?

For this example we will say that 7000 are white. and of those 700 are on some form of welfare. So that would be 10%. That is the number I am asking about.

3000 minority single mothers and 300 on a form of welfare ....10%

Now why can no one find the real numbers?

With out that race remains irrelevant.

So lets take some numbers then. Remember these numbers are made up.
There are 10,000 single mothers.

How many would typically be white and how many would be minorities?

For this example we will say that 7000 are white. and of those 700 are on some form of welfare. So that would be 10%. That is the number I am asking about.

3000 minority single mothers and 300 on a form of welfare ....10%

Now why can no one find the real numbers?

With out that race remains irrelevant.

Silly, silly, silly.

White welfare mothers far outnumber black welfare mothers, therefor whites are far more unworthy than blacks. That's where your logic leads, unfortunately.

This topic is so full of FAIL.

Had Bush made this "stupid" comment you lefties would be after him with pitch forks. Yall pretend to care about the poor and downtrodden, that is until "your" side says something that would haunt the gop for years.

Honestly we don't have the votes to Impeach. But it doesn't matter, Obama knows the money will go out. He's just being a tool and trying to pit the elderly against the gop.

Forum List

Back