If only Abraham Lincoln had understood and obeyed the Constitution

I think that Mr. Lincoln- who did indeed take the actions that in the end resulted in the emancipation of all the slaves- was wrong in his racist views.

Just like you.

Of course Lincoln was a product of his time when virtually everyone was a racist- while you resist your times- and embrace the racism of 150 years ago.

Just like you applaud slavery.

Well he isn't their master because they aren't his property, they can return home whenever they want and he can't sell them or legally own them.

But yes we exploit them by offering them a better life than they could otherwise have at home that they voluntarily choose to do as long as they want.

Like I said, it's not good. But in no way is it slavery or anything close. You saw the list there. Feel free to make up a list of the legal exploitation of illegal immigrants that matches that.

You lost me, kiddo. Make a list? You make a list of who illegals don't affect, Besides, this is way off topic, I admit.

Slavery was terminated in the West peacefully, EVERYWHERE but the USA. Why have you failed to recognize this fact and understand why? Thanks to your beloved savior Dishonest Abe.

Remember the Crittenden Compromise? Yeah thought so.... Senator Crittenden tried his best to avoid war, but Lincoln told him to fuck off too. Crittenden said, "History is to record us...Is it to record that when the destruction of the Union was imminent, we stood quarreling?"

Many saw the true meaning of Lincoln's War...
"The Northern onslaught upon slavery is no more than a piece of specious humbug disguised to conceal its desire for economic control of the United States." -Charles Dickens

"The war between the North and South is a tariff war. The war, is further, not for any principle, does not touch the question of slavery, and in fact turns on the Northern lust for power." -Karl Marx

Here is what you statists are so proud of...

Abraham Lincoln's Unconstitutional Acts and High Crimes
  1. Lincoln circumvented Congress when calling up the United States Army -- 75,000 men initially.
  2. He refused to call Congress back into session after ordering military action at Fort Sumter.
  3. Ordered the Navy to blockade Southern ports, a direct act of war. Such an act could only be undertaken by an order of Congress. It was a diabolical tactic to prevent food imports, in order to starve the Southern states.
  4. In an escalation of Lincoln's starvation strategy, he ordered General Sherman to begin a military campaign against civilians, cities, and hospitals. Women and children were not spared. General Sherman was nicknamed "Burning Sherman", because he randomly burned entire cities, even in the middle of winter. Lincoln ordered Sherman to terrorize the South by pillaging and plundering at a level that surpassed even the ancient Roman armies. As America's first war criminal, General Sherman is one of the main reasons why disease and starvation killed significantly more people in the Civil War than combat.
  5. Suspended the writ of habeas corpus, yet another act that is a function of Congress. The suspension of habeas corpus gave Lincoln the power to arrest Americans without filing a criminal charge and permitted him to have them held indefinitely without either a charge or a trial.
  6. Lincoln violated the Constitution once again when he refused to comply with a Supreme Court order to immediately restore the right of habeas corpus. Our Founding Fathers added the habeas corpus protection into the Constitution specifically so tyranny would never again reign in America, as it had in Europe and when the "New World" was under British control.
  7. Lincoln had the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court arrested after receiving a court order to restore habeas corpus protections. Upon receiving the ruling by the high court, the president sent a federal marshal to arrest the Chief Justice.
  8. There has never been a more substantial threat to a free press in the history of our country than the 16th President of the United States. Lincoln sent soldiers to destroy printing presses and related newspaper publishing tools at outlets which did not support his handling of the Southern secession. In response to negative editorials about the military invasion of the South and his overall war policy, Lincoln also commandeered, and then closed 300 Northern newspapers.
  9. President Lincoln did not stop at just destroying private property and commandeering newspapers, he also arrested and imprisoned many of the editors and publishers of those same press outlets.
  10. Before the end of the Civil War, Abraham Lincoln had ordered the arrest of approximately 20,000 Americans without charging them with a crime or permitting them to have their day in court. The citizens who were unconstitutionally detained had spoken out against Lincoln personally, the Civil War, or were merely suspected of harboring anti-war sentiments.
  11. The 16th President illegally took it upon himself to create a new state. West Virginia quickly came into existence after Lincoln declared war on the South, as a North-friendly region within the South.
  12. Lincoln arrested and imprisoned the entire Maryland state legislature to prevent them from holding a debate and taking a vote on secession. The elected officials were never charged with a crime, or granted a trial.

Of course almost all of those things are only unconstitutional...If you destroy article 3 of the constitution. Because since it was an illegal rebellion and not a secession, it was Lincoln's DUTY as president to quell it. Which is why Americans who believe we shouldn't rip up the constitution. See him as one of the best presidents in us history. And you are right. The Confederate Rebellion is the only time that many lives were lost by a group of people defending the existence and spread of slavery.

And the Crittendon Compromise was founded on guaranteeing the permanent existence of slavery in the US forever. Yes. Lincoln was against that. Also that slavery would be allowed to expand west.

And why do we keep giving Lincoln the title of Emporer. Yes i know of the Crittendon Compromise. It came up in the last session of congress. You know. The one BEFORE Abraham Lincoln was to take office...

The compromise was an amendment. It failed in both a Republican house, and a Democratic Senate. And let me remind you. A president has 1 action in the amendment process. After is has passed they enforce it. The EXECUTIVE branch, not the Legislative.

That's what upsets me. When we try and re-write history, change dates, and burn things like the US Constitution to suit our needs.

The Statist speaks. What a bunch of horse shit. I find you APPALLING.

You really believe that NO ONE CAN REBEL, because the state is PERPETUAL and never wrong.

Dishonest Abe really fucked you up.

No doubt you also think the American Revolution was unjustified and we should still be subjects to the crown.

You are the one who believes a history that is WRONG.

You sound a lot like one of those California liberals burning copies of the bill of rights saying they shouldn't have to listen to the 2nd amendment and California should ban all guns.

See I'm not for picking and choosing what parts of the Constitution I like and will believe in and what parts I ignore. It's an all or nothing package as far as I am concerned, even if I personally may not like a part of it.
You sound like a total idiot, but statists always are.

You would do well in an Orwellian world and you would gladly execute people like me.
Damn you are just bound and determined to shit all over the US Constitution. Sorry.. enjoy your sad lives.

Why DID the south secede? It might lend credence if they actually had a moral reason for it. Because of the rising tide of abolition? Or that states rights? States rights? To what? Preserve their right to own slaves?

Silly woman, it was because the North thought we owed them our resources at a price they set for themselves. Seriously, that's it in a nutshell.

The North fancied themselves the South's slave masters is what it amounts to.
Yes...Lincoln like most criminal politicians was all about the money. He made that clear in his first inaugural when he said pay Uncle Sam or die....but you can keep your slaves for perpetuity and we can even ensconce slavery in the Constitution.

Nice guy old Dishonest Abe.
Slavery was terminated in the West peacefully, EVERYWHERE but the USA. Why have you failed to recognize this fact and understand why? Thanks to your beloved savior Dishonest Abe.

Remember the Crittenden Compromise? Yeah thought so.... Senator Crittenden tried his best to avoid war, but Lincoln told him to fuck off too. Crittenden said, "History is to record us...Is it to record that when the destruction of the Union was imminent, we stood quarreling?"

"The Northern onslaught upon slavery is no more than a piece of specious humbug disguised to conceal its desire for economic control of the United States." -Charles Dickens

"The war between the North and South is a tariff war. The war, is further, not for any principle, does not touch the question of slavery, and in fact turns on the Northern lust for power." -Karl Marx

1. Lincoln circumvented Congress when calling up the United States Army -- 75,000 men initially.
  2. He refused to call Congress back into session after ordering military action at Fort Sumter.
  3. Ordered the Navy to blockade Southern ports, a direct act of war. Such an act could only be undertaken by an order of Congress. It was a diabolical tactic to prevent food imports, in order to starve the Southern states.
  4. In an escalation of Lincoln's starvation strategy, he ordered General Sherman to begin a military campaign against civilians, cities, and hospitals. Women and children were not spared. General Sherman was nicknamed "Burning Sherman", because he randomly burned entire cities, even in the middle of winter. Lincoln ordered Sherman to terrorize the South by pillaging and plundering at a level that surpassed even the ancient Roman armies. As America's first war criminal, General Sherman is one of the main reasons why disease and starvation killed significantly more people in the Civil War than combat.
  5. Suspended the writ of habeas corpus, yet another act that is a function of Congress. The suspension of habeas corpus gave Lincoln the power to arrest Americans without filing a criminal charge and permitted him to have them held indefinitely without either a charge or a trial.
  6. Lincoln violated the Constitution once again when he refused to comply with a Supreme Court order to immediately restore the right of habeas corpus. Our Founding Fathers added the habeas corpus protection into the Constitution specifically so tyranny would never again reign in America, as it had in Europe and when the "New World" was under British control.
  7. Lincoln had the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court arrested after receiving a court order to restore habeas corpus protections. Upon receiving the ruling by the high court, the president sent a federal marshal to arrest the Chief Justice.
  8. There has never been a more substantial threat to a free press in the history of our country than the 16th President of the United States. Lincoln sent soldiers to destroy printing presses and related newspaper publishing tools at outlets which did not support his handling of the Southern secession. In response to negative editorials about the military invasion of the South and his overall war policy, Lincoln also commandeered, and then closed 300 Northern newspapers.
  9. President Lincoln did not stop at just destroying private property and commandeering newspapers, he also arrested and imprisoned many of the editors and publishers of those same press outlets.
  10. Before the end of the Civil War, Abraham Lincoln had ordered the arrest of approximately 20,000 Americans without charging them with a crime or permitting them to have their day in court. The citizens who were unconstitutionally detained had spoken out against Lincoln personally, the Civil War, or were merely suspected of harboring anti-war sentiments.
  11. The 16th President illegally took it upon himself to create a new state. West Virginia quickly came into existence after Lincoln declared war on the South, as a North-friendly region within the South.
  12. Lincoln arrested and imprisoned the entire Maryland state legislature to prevent them from holding a debate and taking a vote on secession. The elected officials were never charged with a crime, or granted a trial.

Of course almost all of those things are only unconstitutional...If you destroy article 3 of the constitution. Because since it was an illegal rebellion and not a secession, it was Lincoln's DUTY as president to quell it. Which is why Americans who believe we shouldn't rip up the constitution. See him as one of the best presidents in us history. And you are right. The Confederate Rebellion is the only time that many lives were lost by a group of people defending the existence and spread of slavery.

And the Crittendon Compromise was founded on guaranteeing the permanent existence of slavery in the US forever. Yes. Lincoln was against that. Also that slavery would be allowed to expand west.

And why do we keep giving Lincoln the title of Emporer. Yes i know of the Crittendon Compromise. It came up in the last session of congress. You know. The one BEFORE Abraham Lincoln was to take office...

The compromise was an amendment. It failed in both a Republican house, and a Democratic Senate. And let me remind you. A president has 1 action in the amendment process. After is has passed they enforce it. The EXECUTIVE branch, not the Legislative.

That's what upsets me. When we try and re-write history, change dates, and burn things like the US Constitution to suit our needs.

You really believe that NO ONE CAN REBEL, because the state is PERPETUAL and never wrong.

No doubt you also think the American Revolution was unjustified and we should still be subjects to the crown.

You sound a lot like one of those California liberals burning copies of the bill of rights saying they shouldn't have to listen to the 2nd amendment and California should ban all guns.

See I'm not for picking and choosing what parts of the Constitution I like and will believe in and what parts I ignore. It's an all or nothing package as far as I am concerned, even if I personally may not like a part of it.

If anyone ever ignored/burned the Bill of Rights, it was most definitely Abraham Lincoln.

Illegal detention of publishers? Check! (2 amendments violated at same time)

Illegal housing of troops in residences? Check!

Illegal search and seizure? Check!

Want to find a Nazi in a haystack.. yell "Lincoln was a great President". They'll come running from miles away.

Losing argument? Call them a Nazi.

^Teh weaksauce.

Your best bet is to slither back under the rock you crawled out from under.

Your cow chips aren't going to fly around here.

And yes. Lincoln was tough on treason. I guess in our society today we need to give them their safe space and all.

Why DID the south secede? It might lend credence if they actually had a moral reason for it. Because of the rising tide of abolition? Or that states rights? States rights? To what? Preserve their right to own slaves?

Silly woman, it was because the North thought we owed them our resources at a price they set for themselves. Seriously, that's it in a nutshell.

Yes...Lincoln like most criminal politicians was all about the money. He made that clear in his first inaugural when he said pay Uncle Sam or die....but you can keep your slaves for perpetuity and we can even ensconce slavery in the Constitution.

If anyone ever ignored/burned the Bill of Rights, it was most definitely Abraham Lincoln.

Want to find a Nazi in a haystack.. yell "Lincoln was a great President". They'll come running from miles away.

^Teh weaksauce.

Then dont quote their beliefs. Lol. If it talks like a neo nazi... its probably a neo nazi.

And yes. Lincoln was tough on treason. I guess in our society today we need to give them their safe space and all.

Oh? So all the Confederate soldiers were hung for treason after the war, right?

Please, do keep going, though. Your abundant ignorance is exposed with every post you make.

Oh, I am nowhere near supporting the OP's crazy stuff, but I do support reality.

And you sir, are just as nutty as he is.

Last edited:
I think that Mr. Lincoln- who did indeed take the actions that in the end resulted in the emancipation of all the slaves- was wrong in his racist views.

Just like you.

Of course Lincoln was a product of his time when virtually everyone was a racist- while you resist your times- and embrace the racism of 150 years ago.

Just like you applaud slavery.

Well he isn't their master because they aren't his property, they can return home whenever they want and he can't sell them or legally own them.

But yes we exploit them by offering them a better life than they could otherwise have at home that they voluntarily choose to do as long as they want.

Like I said, it's not good. But in no way is it slavery or anything close. You saw the list there. Feel free to make up a list of the legal exploitation of illegal immigrants that matches that.

You lost me, kiddo. Make a list? You make a list of who illegals don't affect, Besides, this is way off topic, I admit.

You see the only way these were breaking amendments is if it was not treason but rather a legal secession. Which of course it wasn't. Unless you want to rip up the 3rd article of the US Constitution.

You see how that works. The ONLY way for his acts to be unconstitutional is by destroying the Constitution

^Teh weaksauce.

If only all Statists would go away.

Oh? So all the Confederate soldiers were hung for treason after the war, right?

Please, do keep going, though.

No. I believe they were pardoned.

But you said Lincoln was tough on treason, so which is it, hmm?

And this is why it sucks talking to morons. Lincoln was dead when President Johnson pardoned them for their crimes

^Teh weaksauce.

Yeah. Then we could just burn all the parts of the Constitution we didn't like right?

You would do well in an Orwellian world and you would gladly execute people like me.
Damn you are just bound and determined to shit all over the US Constitution. Sorry.. enjoy your sad lives.
Can you admit that Lincoln shit all over the Constitution? if you can't, you prove yourself an idiot.

^Teh weaksauce.

Yeah. Then we could just burn all the parts of the Constitution we didn't like right?

Like Lincoln did when he locked up journalists that published articles contrary to his war effort?

Can you admit that Lincoln shit all over the Constitution? if you can't, your prove yourself an idiot.

Sure... but only if we rip it up first and make that secession a legal one. Since it wasn't, Lincoln was facing traitors in a rebellion.

You are stuck in a catch 22 there. The only way for you to say those acts were unconstitutional... is to destroy the constitution. No matter how many times you talk in circles, that's not changing

^Teh weaksauce.

Like Lincoln did when he locked up journalists that published articles contrary to his war effort?
It was journalists supporting a treasonous rebellion against the US according to the constitution. You also are in a catch 22. The only way his acts were unconstitutional... is if you rip up the constitution. Unfortunately we have idiots today that like to re-write history for whatever reason and shit on the US Constitution

We do the same thi ng today. If someone is telling people how to make bombs and calling for an Isis led attack onn the US, we lock them up for those treasonous words and silence them to protect Americans

If a news media is reporting classified troop locations we stop them.

I'd much rather we didn't take that path that some liberals and you guys want which is to give them their safe space and let them continue supporting a known enemy.

You see there are two types of Americans when it comes to the Constitution. 1 set that believes in it. That's it. What it says is law.

Then the other group that picks and chooses which sections they believe in a which sections they throw out. Some of them wish to throw out the parts that protect our right to bear arms. Others like you two wish to throw out the parts that said the secession preceding the civil war was a rebellion.

And it just strikes me as odd that people use their belief that it's ok to pick and choose which parts of the Constitution are ok and which ones can be ignored, which is what allows them to. Believe Lincoln went against the Constitution and then they can be upset about it.

You two are like listening to a guy telling me all about how he boycotts mcdonalds... as he eats a Big Mac. The irony is unbelievable.

Now do I always agree with the Constitution... not always. But when I swore to support and defend the Constitution, I meant that. So even the parts I don't like, I will fight for.

So call me whatever names you want. It's really simple. I defend and believe in the ENTIRE Constitution. Not just the parts I really like. I guess you can call that a Constitutionalist. But most would call that an American.

Because that's your belief.

IF we throw out the words and powers in article 3 of the US Constitution

THEN the secession becomes legal.

THEN what Lincoln did goes from being his sworn duty to unconstitutional

So if we bash the Constitution then we can get all upset at Lincoln... for bashing the Constitution

You see why I call that an assault on common sense and human intelligence?

Can you admit that Lincoln shit all over the Constitution? if you can't, your prove yourself an idiot.

Sure... but only if we rip it up first and make that secession a legal one. Since it wasn't, Lincoln was facing traitors in a rebellion.

You are stuck in a catch 22 there. The only way for you to say those acts were unconstitutional... is to destroy the constitution. No matter how many times you talk in circles, that's not changing
Okay then the US government is perpetual, no matter what it does. That means if anyone rebels from the US, they are traitors and deserving of immediate death.

Do you fail to see how foolish that is?

Have you learned nothing from history?

Have you failed to learned the historic nature of government, even though we have several millennia proving it's tyrannical and murderous nature?

If so, you once again prove yourself a fool.

The Constitution is a dead letter. Our government is not following it and it does not constrain the power of government, but you being statist like that. You want an unlimited tyrannical government, but may be too stupid to know it. Lincoln was the first POTUS to completely ignore the Constitution, commit treason, and cause following criminals to further promote tyranny.

Forum List

Back